• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malyse

Most of the niche games I've been excited for this year got hit with a delay.

That being said, delaying when you're days out is so irritating

RedSwirl

Yes. Blond and everything. Barber was black and the results are nice.

I ever talk here about the time I was at the barbershop and this one white dude peeked his head in the door for a second, walked away briefly, came back, and nervously took a step inside before my barber told him he could get a haircut there?

RBH

WoOdhUh.gif

Shy, did you notice that Jay Bauman talked about Mary Jane Watson being black in Homecoming as if he'd been kicked in the nuts in that RLM Blade review, or is it just me?

Litan

Shy, did you notice that Jay Bauman talked about Mary Jane Watson being black in Homecoming as if he'd been kicked in the nuts in that RLM Blade review, or is it just me?
Wouldn't surprise me.
Gave those guys a try when I saw people recommending their movie reviews but quickly stopped watching their videos because they gave off that kind of vibe.

Zekes!

🤔 questionable lyrics aside, the beat goes hard
I ever talk here about the time I was at the barbershop and this one white dude peeked his head in the door for a second, walked away briefly, came back, and nervously took a step inside before my barber told him he could get a haircut there?

My cousin owns a local barbershop and it was definitely like that in the early days. My city has a small Black population so most of the staff now and customers are white. It's still a good contrast to the other popular joint in town which has a total west coast hipster aesthetic

Sou Da

🤔 questionable lyrics aside, the beat goes hard

My cousin owns a local barbershop and it was definitely like that in the early days. My city has a small Black population so most of the staff now and customers are white. It's still a good contrast to the other popular joint in town which has a total west coast hipster aesthetic

Is the wallpaper made out of flannel shirts or something?

Found out my cousin is a 9/11 conspiracy believer. That's...kind of a shock. But I already cut her mom out of my life, so whatever. I don't mind burning the remains of that bridge.

Zekes!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...e-dont-talk-about_us_57d1751be4b00642712bd58a

This article is amazing. Her murder has me pissed.

Check yourself AND your friends.

What a senseless murder. That article is on point too.

Is the wallpaper made out of flannel shirts or something?

Close; it has that vintage Americana look where everything is made from reclaimed wood and pipes, and the male staff all have undercuts with bushy beards

I despise toxic masculinity, and I enable it and fall in line with it way too much myself. I'm not a fan of masculinity in general. I searched for a topic on metrosexuality on GAF a while back to see if it was ever discussed. Instead of talking about feminine men and a rejection of toxic masculinity, it was filled with posters saying to feminine OP "What are you? A wimpy PUSSY? A creep?"

I wish I saw more talk about it and sexism towards women of color and how they're in danger from toxic masculinity more from my feminist friends.

This "Pitch" TV show they keep showing will be bad as it doesn't look like she gets a white woman after reaching the MLB, TV lied to me. Tho guarantee since it's fix she gets with some white guy commentary

Sou Da

I dunno, I've been around enough to people to know that they use female because they find chick or girl disrespectful for older women and just weren't really raised with "woman" in their vocabulary. Online is another story.

Kreed

I dunno, I've been around enough to people to know that they use female because they find chick or girl disrespectful for older women and just weren't really raised with "woman" in their vocabulary. Online is another story.

I use male and female when having serious/indepth discussions but I know exactly what Slayven and Immortal are talking about and I actually got into it in here once because someone thought I was on that shit, so I've started avoiding it online to prevent confusion.

Shy

I just watched it. (and listened to the beginning of the audio version, to see if there was any difference)

I wanna say it was more of a Jay not giving a shit talking about the film, rather than any racism on his part.

D i Z

This only makes me wish Neil Gaiman's Sandman got an adaptation. We'd get cool personifications of these things instead of somewhat lame Hallmark movie versions

Gaiman's works in particular seem to struggle greatly transitioning over to the screen, and I've never heard any particular reason why. I don't hold out hope for that to change much, even with American Gods on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom