• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Dolphins_Seahawks_Football_1.JPG

I just watched it. (and listened to the beginning of the audio version, to see if there was any difference)

I wanna say it was more of a Jay not giving a shit talking about the film, rather than any racism on his part.

Hmm. All right. Maybe Mike has left me paranoid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ezgif-3890191461_zpsccojboir.gif

Man, I gotta get me a Robbie Reyes jacket.

Shy

Hmm. All right. Maybe Mike has left me paranoid.
I understand where you're coming from though, i really do. When i watch their stuff nowadays, i'm always on edge too.

In this insistence though i could be wrong, but i think this time it's more indifference than anything else.

That Kate Upton shit kinda hurts. One of the few White supermodels I was kind of mushy about runs off at the mouth NOW, while not saying a mumbling word about any of the extrajudicial executions during the summer. Its a whole lot of people I liked standing on the wrong side of the line Kaepernick inadvertently drew in the sand.

Slayven

That Kate Upton shit kinda hurts. One of the few White supermodels I was kind of mushy about runs off at the mouth NOW, while not saying a mumbling word about any of the extrajudicial executions during the summer. Its a whole lot of people I liked standing on the wrong side of the line Kaepernick inadvertently drew in the sand.

hill_tweet.jpg

That "ain't shit" bucket is getting kinda full.

It hurts to say this, but the vast majority of whites could give a fuck about the inequality in America. The majority of them will also be voting for Trump. I honestly have no idea where we go from here. What can be done?

Kreed

It hurts to say this, but the vast majority of whites could give a fuck about the inequality in America. The majority of them will also be voting for Trump. I honestly have no idea where we go from here. What can be done?

Hurt people's wallets. Remember SOPA and PIPA? Remember when no one knew what SOPA and PIPA were until sites like Google and Wikipedia started shutting down their websites and had millions of people emailing the government about something they didn't care about the day before out of fear of losing their favorite websites? And how almost the next day every politician backed away from supporting those laws? There needs to be a BLM equivalent of this if you want things done faster. Taking a knee and other visual protests are good to get people talking and thinking, but it's just as slow as the people you're trying to educate.

Hurt people's wallets. Remember SOPA and PIPA? Remember when no one knew what SOPA and PIPA were until sites like Google and Wikipedia started shutting down their websites and had millions of people emailing the government about something they didn't care about the day before out of fear of losing their favorite websites? And how almost the next day every politician backed away from supporting those laws? There needs to be a BLM equivalent of this if you want things done faster. Taking a knee and other visual protests are good to get people talking and thinking, but it's just as slow as the people you're trying to educate.
Yea, I'd love for something like this to be organized.

Dai101

Banned

Whether I re-entered that unhappy country or not was of little consequence to me. I would like to have told them that the sooner I was rid of that hate-beleaguered atmosphere the better, that I was fed up of America's insults and moral pomposity…

Charles Chaplin

Any majority Black city in America that isnt looking to establish a strong sisterhood & cultural and economic ties with a fast developing African city needs to check itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom