• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
I missed the last train and I'm stuck in SF 😀

I can either go back to this Australian girls place, stay the night and have my car ticketed/towed since it's at a parking structure in San Jose that only goes till 2am.

Or I can take a $170+ Uber to the train station in San Jose.

What happening to our fictional people?

Watching the first episode of this season of American Horror Story and Cuba bought a damn murder house out in the middle of nowhere and the locals hate him. We're already starting on a bad foot.

AjpWz5J.png

Useb4f9.png

CsdQkM_WEAAp6nV.jpg

And he knows he messed up.

Then I'm going to go see Blair Witch tomorrow and they got a brought and a sister out in the woods.

It'd be one thing if y'all was just camping but you are literally going out there to fine this dude's sister who disappeared in some goddamn woods while searching for a damn witch. Even if you don't believe in the supernatural, why you going to test it?

Damn shame. It's so hard out in them streets that people are looking for new ways to die.

Crocodile

Man, I'm on another forum arguing, generally, why more ethnic diversity (either explicitly or in more ambiguous terms) is a good thing for games and it feels a bit like I'm walking up a vertical incline. Most of these people are cool but I feel like I'm getting a lot of unspoken resistance. *sigh*

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man, I'm on another forum arguing, generally, why more ethnic diversity (either explicitly or in more ambiguous terms) is a good thing for games and it feels a bit like I'm walking up a vertical incline. Most of these people are cool but I feel like I'm getting a lot of unspoken resistance. *sigh*
Well when someone wants to risk their artistic integrity portraying whomever's race, either it be should be kept in tone where there is respect, faithfulness, or empathy. Hopefully all or if not, just give everyone character equity and call it a day.

Or are you talking about game developers and not characters.

Morning Gaf, I have a question for you guys I really need answered. How do you like your steak? In my small experience as a cook I have noticed that most Black people always get well done meat, and will shy away from rare because it is 'bloody'. Is this true, or just an isolated case?

andthebeatgoeson

Morning Gaf, I have a question for you guys I really need answered. How do you like your steak? In my small experience as a cook I have noticed that most Black people always get well done meat, and will shy away from rare because it is 'bloody'. Is this true, or just an isolated case?
Well done with a mixture of A1 sauce and ketchup.

Naw, medium rare cooked with butter.

Slayven

What happening to our fictional people?

Watching the first episode of this season of American Horror Story and Cuba bought a damn murder house out in the middle of nowhere and the locals hate him. We're already starting on a bad foot.

And he knows he messed up.

Then I'm going to go see Blair Witch tomorrow and they got a brought and a sister out in the woods.

It'd be one thing if y'all was just camping but you are literally going out there to fine this dude's sister who disappeared in some goddamn woods while searching for a damn witch. Even if you don't believe in the supernatural, why you going to test it?

Damn shame. It's so hard out in them streets that people are looking for new ways to die.

is the new blair witch a sequel, a reboot, or what?

Kreed

In the US it's mostly due to black people on average being raised eating "soul food" and barbecued meat, with not much exposure to "rarer" meat, so when given the option most will just eat what's familiar/safe.

Sch1sm

why.....?

'Cause the dude thinks the girl didn't get lost, that she's still alive 2 decades later, and it's a good idea to go to the woods. Guy saw some barely watchable, grainy as hell video, and was convinced enough to go back to where she disappeared.

I just eat well done because it's all I was ever really exposed to.

BigDes

There are more situational horse pictures than there are pictures of Alf

I dread to think about how few Harry and the Hendersons pictures there are

Kreed

And I thought that KKK = Islam comparison post in the OT was going to be the most offensive post I read this week. Gaming side wasn't having that.

Slayven

And I thought that KKK = Islam comparison post in the OT was going to be the most offensive post I read this week. Gaming side wasn't having that.

Gaming side will always win that battle. Only way it would have gotten stupider if it was about a black transwoman. A thread involving someone like that on gaming would be legendary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom