• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
It's just really concerning, because the game looks absolutely phenomenal. Whatever though imma just keep watching this stream and chill.

Litan

People acting dumb as fuck in the Treehouse thread because of the woman in the stream.
Mod actually had to step in.

Slayven

Oh you didn't know?

2e8a9c0ec4d3dc402f4455b7e67f7c40.jpg

That quote from Aonuma reminds me of their tone-deaf response to the issue of same-sex relationships in Tomodachi Life from a few years back. How do you let your people fuck up like that twice?

Malyse

They should make a Zelda where Ganondorf immediately kills Link at the start and then it's all Zelda. Sides, Mage > Warrior.

----

I want Elsa and Rosalina to meet. Also they should add a black princess to Zelda or Mario. Or both.

Malyse

Pretty much the only truth that matters regarding this matter. Dude could have said no darkies and folks would work their heads around it somehow.
That's what makes this annoying. They have a captive audience; they aren't losing substantial sales by making a female link the protagonist. People will buy no matter what, so force their minds open.

shingi70, the thing I don't understand is that these same people are spending $400+ every two years on a new iphone yet flip their shit at a 4 year console cycle?

because you don't continually feed the phone maker year round chunks of money buying $60 games, $40 DLC and paying $50/yr for online.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The reason they won't have Zelda as a lead is because "Then what would Link do?".

That's why most are so heated.

Yeah, i can understand being heated about the dumbass explanation. I don't really see the anger overall about there not being a female protagonist in that game, though. The reaction feels like people aren't getting something they expected, and that part feels weird to me.

Crocodile

Zelda is looking dope. They made a lot of changes to the series formula for the better I feel. Limited inventory + breakable weapons leaves me weary however.

In case anyone missed the We Happy Few introduction, here's a couple of minutes of gameplay.

I remember when this was on Kickstarter. Looking much better now <3

Yeah, i can understand being heated about the dumbass explanation. I don't really see the anger overall about there not being a female protagonist in that game, though. The reaction feels like people aren't getting something they expected, and that part feels weird to me.

Yep. Internet/GAF threw itself into a fervor over something that was never promised to them. Not new for the internet/GAF at all. People even using it as a chance to throw the entirety of Nintendo under a bus as if the rest of their catalog doesn't exist. A shame Aonuma had to throw that turd nugget of a diet-sexist excuse into the mix. SMH at him. SHM.

Merc_

A lot of people on this forum bought completely into that rumor. It's why we kept having all those female Link threads. Anything less then a playable female Link was going to be met with anger no matter what.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

From what I gather many truly expected that female Link would be an option from all the previous news surrounding the game? That I'm not too familiar with so that's all I can give you. :(

I just think it sucks that Nintendo can't at least consider making Zelda and Link a duet partnership in a future game. It feels like they are super worried that Link is useless if Zelda becomes independent and that's what's holding them back.

Is it too much to ask for a game with a boy and a girl sharing the glory together and both being the lead?

They know Link isn't real right?

Riiight like omg it's so stupid.

Enough with the bull Nintendo give us a Zelda game with Zelda as a lead. Pls

Yep. Internet/GAF threw itself into a fervor over something that was never promised to them. Not new for the internet/GAF at all. People even using it as a chance to throw the entirety of Nintendo under a bus as if the rest of their catalog doesn't exist. A shame Aonuma had to throw that turd nugget of a diet-sexist excuse into the mix. SMH at him. SHM.

Basically:

kFGLEr4.png

because you don't continually feed the phone maker year round chunks of money buying $60 games, $40 DLC and paying $50/yr for online.

I don't think the smartphone market is a perfect analogue for the shrinking console cycle, but this defense doesn't hold much water when you have to pay $50+ per month to take advantage of a smartphone's core functionality.

I don't think the smartphone market is a perfect analogue for the shrinking console cycle, but this defense doesn't hold much water when you have to pay $50+ per month to take advantage of a smartphone's core functionality.

like how you pay $50 to an ISP to use core functionality of a modern console?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Zelda is looking dope. They made a lot of changes to the series formula for the better I feel. Limited inventory + breakable weapons leaves me weary however.
looks good to me

looks like they're leaning hard into actually turning the game into an RPG of sorts

Yep. Internet/GAF threw itself into a fervor over something that was never promised to them. Not new for the internet/GAF at all. People even using it as a chance to throw the entirety of Nintendo under a bus as if the rest of their catalog doesn't exist.
Yeah.

A shame Aonuma had to throw that turd nugget of a diet-sexist excuse into the mix. SMH at him. SHM.
Also yeah.

From what I gather many truly expected that female Link would be an option from all the previous news surrounding the game? That I'm not too familiar with so that's all I can give you. :(
there's no good reason for the expectation, though

I feel like this started with the fact that Link, especially as depicted in this game's first trailer, had kind of longer hair and a slightly more feminine look than your general game protagonist dude.

I just think it sucks that Nintendo can't at least consider making Zelda and Link a duet partnership in a future game.
They flirted with this a little bit in Spirit Tracks. Zelda's soul got separated from her body, and she could possess certain enemies in dungeons so you could do puzzles.

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_box_art.jpg

That's her in the armor on the cover.

Is it too much to ask for a game with a boy and a girl sharing the glory together and both being the lead?
Nope.

ReiGun

Zelda looks good. I love the introduction of technology and the feel of the world.

Pokemon looks like....Pokemon. Which means it will be fun.

Kreed

The reason they won't have Zelda as a lead is because "Then what would Link do?".

That's why most are so heated.

During the conversation, which was translated by a Nintendo representative, we asked Aonuma if the rumors of having the option to play as a female version of Link are accurate. He said that he's aware of the conversations happening online, stating: "So yes, there were rumors like that, and we did discuss as a staff as to what would be possible if we took that route."

However, instead of entertaining the idea of the player being able to choose the hero Link's gender, Aonuma said his team considered what they deemed to be the simplest option; making princess Zelda the lead character. "We thought about it," said Aonuma, "and decided that if we're going to have a female protagonist it's simpler to have Princess Zelda as the main character."

This idea was ultimately rejected, because according to Aonuma "...if we have princess Zelda as the main character who fights, then what is Link going to do? Taking into account that, and also the idea of the balance of the Triforce, we thought it best to come back to this [original] makeup."

smh, all dude had to say was "No".

Johndoey

Banned
Waiting for the game previews and hands on to get into full swing.

I need to figure out what exactly the new COD gas going on.
-
If the Spider-Man game (god willing) has dating elements I'll buy ten copies.
--
I honestly expected selectable gender for Zelda, and that response is real rough.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
there's no good reason for the expectation, though

I feel like this started with the fact that Link, especially as depicted in this game's first trailer, had kind of longer hair and a slightly more feminine look than your general game protagonist dude.

They flirted with this a little bit in Spirit Tracks. Zelda's soul got separated from her body, and she could possess certain enemies in dungeons so you could do puzzles.

The_Legend_of_Zelda_Spirit_Tracks_box_art.jpg

That's her in the armor on the cover.

I personally don't think swapping Link's gender would work. I prefer them to either introduce a female offspring of Link's as a new lead somewhere down the line or stick with Zelda.

Heh that's pretty cool. That armor even looks like her phantom in Smash 4. Zelda's done a lot of shit in this series, this is even more evidence she's long overdue her own game.

smh, all dude had to say was "No".

Exactly. Dug himself into a hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom