• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
zvJcXXj.png

Fuck you that gif made me yawn.

Anyways, it's been kinda nice to see ya'll go through the fuckery of E3 here. Because that meant we weren't talking about all the other pain and misery of the world.

Thank you.

Johndoey

Banned
E3 has been alright this year, seen some good looking games, Cage isn't the sole writer on Detroit so it has a chance thankfully.

shingi70

Banned
Sometimes its interesting looking back watching people who don't follow The industry closer. Was watching the video games awesome stream of the Microsoft E3 conference and the main guy was so angry at not understanding if Scorpio was Xbox 1.5 or a new generation, basically saying fuck off if it wasn't a new gen. I thought the whole message of the conference was console gaming was going Pc like, but then they didn't seem to know that neo was a thing and sonys comments on it being like a phone release model.

Gattsu25

Banned
shingi70, the thing I don't understand is that these same people are spending $400+ every two years on a new iphone yet flip their shit at a 4 year console cycle?

shingi70

Banned
shingi70, the thing I don't understand is that these same people are spending $400+ every two years on a new iphone yet flip their shit at a 4 year console cycle?

Gamers don't know what they want. Niggas complain about hardware specs and long gen cycles but now that we're going be getting PC style power people don'T want to pony up. Next year will be four years since the one and PS4, I'll buy a Scorpio and then waiT another 4 years to update again.

JLynn

I saw the Sony Conference. It was OK. I was sorta interested in Detroit mainly cause I sense David Cage is making his version of Robocop. The rest of the games featured I feel I've seen before. I guess it's the old age talking.

Kreed

Most people in the US don't pay full phone fees. Either they have upgrade plans that lets them upgrade to the new phone for cheap and/or they get the phone cheap through a contract, which allows them to get the latest and greatest for less every couple of years while having the illusion of getting the phones for cheaper than flat out paying the full price.

In addition, with phones you can generally keep using your old/outdated phone for years and years until the company stops supporting it and can still access the newest apps allowed by the OS (Example, Apple is releasing IOS 10 and won't be releasing it for the iPhone 4s that was released 5 years ago). Apps are obviously slower on older devices, but in the case of Apple and Google, their stores will generally push developers to make apps for all supported devices/will reject apps that don't unless there's a feature not available in the device that the app needs (ex: phone calls).

This is all new for console gaming, so we will see what Sony and Microsoft do along with developers, but if they want this to be comparable to cell phone upgrades, Sony and Microsoft might have to team up with some Internet companies and offer some internet + console plans.

Merc_

I can't wait to watch the people who were defending The Order having almost no POC make excuses for this game being white as fuck. Detroit is over 80% black and that trailer was funny as hell from that perspective.

jmood88

I can't wait to watch the people who were defending The Order having almost no POC make excuses for this game being white as fuck. Detroit is over 80% black and that trailer was funny as hell from that perspective.
Just go back to the thread for the first trailer and you'll see all the ridiculous excuses your heart desires. One of my favorites was the guy who found a picture of a bunch of white people in Detroit and said it was proof that Detroit was exactly like the game.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

And even if gentrification is a plausible explanation, there should still be a diverse cast if they want us to take this seriously.

Aiustis

And even if gentrification is a plausible explanation, there should still be a diverse cast if they want us to take this seriously.

It's a David Cage game, the most dedicated and brave of console warriors will take it seriously.

Also gaming side is crazy.

actually androids in detroit are more realistic than giving black people equal representation

Numb

Honestly not sure what would get me to by NX. Especially since I don't like Zelda games. I take that back...Pikmin 4.

Hyping Wii U ports ain't helping them for those who got the system already
New Mario Kart would be awesome. And Wind Waker 2 -_-

Numb

Really my dream game is a cutesy Animal Crossing thing kind of like PS Home only fun.
They make alot of Animal Crossing stuff so there might be a chance for something like that
Why they got a Pokemon with rabies y'all? Thought this was a kids game
Atleast it ain't a shoe or plate with eyes
Pokemon has really killed my vibe. This is anti-hype.
PLayed one
Was enough and don't need more

Pokken tho

EloquentM

aka Mannny
They make alot of Animal Crossing stuff so there might be a chance for something like that

Atleast it ain't a shoe or plate with eyes

PLayed one
Was enough and don't need more

Pokken tho
Pokemon high level play is some serious time destroying business. I don't know how people do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom