• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Zelda looks cool from the trailer. I'm down with monster hunter, so food buffs ain't a thing.

I wonder if the nx will compete on graphics. Maybe Nintendo got the Xbox scoop and went back into the lab? Yeah, probably not.

RedSwirl

I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda ended up being better balanced than Elder Scrolls and Witcher 3 in terms of loot and exploration. Combat is probably still gonna be intentionally easy.

Johndoey

Banned
What are the mechanics in the game and is there anything noticeably different in VI from its predecessors?
Haven't seen the VI E3 bit, but generally Civ is just slowly starting and improving cities, creating additional cities and connecting trade routes, you focus on building out specific areas of your civilization like Religion and Metal working etc.

Other civilizations are building up simultaneously (either AI or other players) and you need to formulate relationships, trade agreements or sometimes go to war. You can chose different win conditions for the game.

The initial announcement of Civ VI seemed to mostly be improvements on existing mechanics than anything completely new.

Village

Eiji Aonuma says and thinks some real dumb shit sometimes.
Yo word

" what would link do?"
*points to splatoon and pokemon*

"It would imbalance the tri force"
You mean the 2/3rds male triforce? Also if you wanna have at least one guy, genderswap universe.
How are you a man payed to be imaginative unable to imagine some simple shit like this? Like what?

Village

Is it too much to ask for a game with a boy and a girl sharing the glory together and both being the lead?
No and they make those games too.
Pokemon
Splatoon
And fire emblem.
Just let you choose your guy or girl and they both get billing.

And two of those things, splatoon and pokemon, have various amounts of darker folk in the games.

Can like the pokemon guys give him a talk or something, a little sit down?

Malyse

Now You See Me 2 is not only one of my favorite films, it retroactively makes Now You See Me even better. I would watch an infinite number of NYSM sequels.

Zekes!

Zelda and Persona 5 are the two games I'm coming away from E3 feeling like I need to own right this second.

Lots of other games look really cool too, but those two, whoo boy.

Shy

2011.06.27_organizational_charts.png
I do so love that pic. 😆
New Curb season. Fuck you, Larry David.

I meant, fuck yeah
Fucking hyped.!!!

Kreed

Eiji Aonuma says and thinks some real dumb shit sometimes.

Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma credits fan speculation for the creation of a female Link in the recent Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors 3DS game, but he clarified to Kotaku here at E3 that the Link in the new Wii U Zelda who first showed up in a 2014 trailer was always planned to be a guy.

Aonuma said he had been vague about the specifics of the new game’s Link when he was giving interviews about that trailer in 2014. He thinks that helped lead some Zelda fans to think that the somewhat androgynous Link shown in the trailer might be a girl. Aonuma said his lack of specifics on the character two years ago hadn’t been intended to stoke fan theories. “My intention was to say this isn’t done and there may be changes coming to that. I in no way had intention of leading people into believing Link was female.”

But why not have a female Link in this big new game? “You know there’s the idea of the Triforce in the Zelda games we make,” he told Kotaku. “The Triforce is made up of Princess Zelda, Ganon and Link. Princess Zelda is obviously female. If we made Link a female we thought that would mess with the balance of the Triforce. That’s why we decided not to do it

Hopefully no one asks him to make Link black.

Is it too much to ask for a game with a boy and a girl sharing the glory together and both being the lead?

You have a Kid Icarus avatar where Palutena was as much an important character as Pit and half the bosses were women! And Nintendo has a number of games with female leads or taking equally important parts. You'd actually struggle finding recent games of theirs where that isn't the case

Johndoey

Banned
Palutena and Pit are co-dependent characters in Uprising, those characters only really work playing off each other.

--
I've eaten over half a pound of M&Ms in the last 18 hours, feels good man.

Female Link at least sounded somewhat attainable. I would never get my hopes up for a black Link. Already know that's never happening. Aonuma doesn't have to say a thing, lol.

harSon

Banned
Sitting down and thinking about it.. MS spent their entire conference going "third party". Every single game announced is also on PC. Scorpio will be handled by.. well, the games already being made for PC.

Halo Wars 2 trailer was really good.

There's a large contingent of PC gamers out there who are never going to make the jump to PC. And there's a large contingent of PC/Console owners who are only interested in Nintendo/Sony who are never going to make the jump to PC. These two camps are potentially interested in some Xbox titles, but due to them never being Xbox owners - they're never going to become a part of the revenue stream.

On the flip side, there are a lot of people out there who are never going to be PC gamers. They have absolutely no desire to deal with the intricacies of PC gaming, and thus - they're never at risk of being lost as potential customers. There's also those who are PC gamers, but may play games like Dota 2, League of Legends, CS:GO - and not necessarily the latest and greatest due to the fact that their machines lag behind the spec curve. These two camps probably make up the bulk of console gamers, and are completely unaffected by a blurring of the boundaries between console and PC gaming.

In my opinion, Microsoft spent the conference potentially gaining a net positive in the long run (losing some potential high end PC/Xbox owners who'll see little reason to purchase further Xbox consoles, while gaining non-Xbox owners who are purchasing Xbox/Xbox 360/Xbox One titles - and feeding into DLC revenue).

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
No and they make those games too.
Pokemon
Splatoon
And fire emblem.
Just let you choose your guy or girl and they both get billing.

And two of those things, splatoon and pokemon, have various amounts of darker folk in the games.

Can like the pokemon guys give him a talk or something, a little sit down?

I'm not talking about the gender options with that part lol I want more games with m/f partnerships where both of them work together and share most achievements or their individual success isn't weighed against one another to debate superiority.

But absolutely these guys can talk to Nintendo! XD

You have a Kid Icarus avatar where Palutena was as much an important character as Pit and half the bosses were women! And Nintendo has a number of games with female leads or taking equally important parts. You'd actually struggle finding recent games of theirs where that isn't the case

I should make it known that I'm not negating the fact that these partnership games actually exist. They do and I enjoy a few of them (RE6 had two m/f duos) but I meant regarding LoZ. I do appreciate the devs that provide these duo protagonists.

Btw, Palutena isn't exactly a protagonist on equal terms with Pit. Neither is Viridi or even Pitoo. Pit is the main, he's on the cover and he's the one who gets all the awesome constellation/zodiac weapons. Palu just gives tips and feedback from the sidelines.

Hopefully no one asks him to make Link black.

I can just hear him now.

"Make Link black? Like...what....a Gerudo? What would Ganondorf be then?" - Eiji "Clueless" Aonuma

Like...fucking....always the same shit with him. Like how he backhandedly insults older games he worked on when talking about remakes of them. He doesn't even fully understand his own games. No surprise he doesn't FUCKING GET IT when people ask for representation in his games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom