• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
Hopefully, though not likely, this is a warning to lazy Libs on our side of the Atlantic that there is no such thing as a sure thing.

shingi70

Banned
CfdlO3E.png

D i Z

LA BCT, if you've got outdoorsy things to do this weekend, you might wanna do it right now before the heat creeps back in.

Quite interesting looking at the Brexit controversy and how people are so willingly to only blame old people and not good ol fashioned racism and xenophobia. I'm not saying it's just those two things, but people are very willing to sell it as a single issue - i.e. old people - and nothing more nuanced and multi-faceted than that. Expected!

Shy

Sorry Shy, maybe you can ask Bish if you can sleep on his couch :s
LOL. You know, last night i started to legitimately started to google where the warmest places to in Canada were to live.

I'm feeling a mixture of rage, depression and little bit being betrayed at my country.
Morning fam. All this Brexit hoo-ha and I barely understand it.
My country just slit it's own throat.
As if today couldn't get anymore depressing.
You ain't foolin' anybody.
NtUg6k9.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Needs to be 5x5. Plenty of evidence to get another set.

Onemic

LOL. You know, last night i started to legitimately started to google where the warmest places to in Canada were to live.

I'm feeling a mixture of rage, depression and little bit being betrayed at my country.

My country just slit it's own throat.

As if today couldn't get anymore depressing.

NtUg6k9.gif

If you want something close to UK weather, Vancouver is your best bet. Never cold and never hot. If you want a place of extremes; colder than the UK in the winter, but hotter than the UK in summer come to Toronto.

Shy

If you want something close to UK weather, Vancouver is your best bet. Never cold and never hot. If you want a place of extremes; colder than the UK in the winter, but hotter than the UK in summer come to Toronto.
Ahhh. Thanks fam.

I never thought I'd enjoy having a boyfriend who is a gamer. Always envisioned the opposite of me. But playing two player 16 bit games with him changed my mind. Lol

RedSwirl

Independence Day was alright. Nice to see a massive Blockbuster flick that's completely self-aware and doesn't think it's smarter than it really is. That alone probably makes it better than say, Jurassic World, if we're just talking about 20-years-later sequels.

A specific thing I kinda wanna discuss on the movie with BCT though: Just a minor spoiler, but this movie basically has Wakanda in it.

As I suspected, the most interesting thing about Resurgence is actually its setting. The movie itself is a dumb popcorn flick but I found myself actually wanting an ID4 expanded universe because the movie only had enough time to briefly lay out the intervening 20 years where a lot apparently happened.

More very light spoilers:
In the movie we found out that after the first one there was a 10-year ground war somewhere in Africa with alien remnants. The people there ended up learning more than anyone else about the aliens. Stuff like their language and how to kill them in close combat. The people of that region are also tapped into the alien neural network like Bill Pullman was in the first movie. A warlord from there ends up being a main supporting character who slices open aliens with two machetes and has his own whole history alluded to about his dad's costly decisions and his brother dying because of them.

After looking things up, it seems like there are some books and comics, but it doesn't look like any of them are about what I described above.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Independence Day was alright. Nice to see a massive Blockbuster flick that's completely self-aware and doesn't think it's smarter than it really is. That alone probably makes it better than say, Jurassic World, if we're just talking about 20-years-later sequels.

A specific thing I kinda wanna discuss on the movie with BCT though: Just a minor spoiler, but this movie basically has Wakanda in it.

As I suspected, the most interesting thing about Resurgence is actually its setting. The movie itself is a dumb popcorn flick but I found myself actually wanting an ID4 expanded universe because the movie only had enough time to briefly lay out the intervening 20 years where a lot apparently happened.

In the movie we found out that after the first one there was a 10-year ground war somewhere in Africa with alien remnants. The people there ended up learning more than anyone else about the aliens. Stuff like their language and how to kill them in close combat. The people of that region are also tapped into the alien neural network like Bill Pullman was in the first movie. A warlord from there ends up being a main supporting character who slices open aliens with two machetes and has his own whole history alluded to about his dad's costly decisions and his brother dying because of them.

After looking things up, it seems like there are some books and comics, but it doesn't look like any of them are about what I described above.

Yo that sound pretty cool. I wonder if they have a prequel of the events you mentioned planned if this movie does well.

D i Z

I'd watch it now after your preview. Didn't really give two flips before those tidbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom