• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Just came across this from the BBC, and i thought i'd share it with you guys.

Inside the mind of white America.
(please make sure to click the video just above the title.)

A small excerpt from the Description.
"Amid the current backdrop of the Black Lives Matter movement and increasing wealth disparity, Clive Myrie from the BBC's This Week's World delves into what white Americans understand - or don't - about race."

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
I wouldn't judge Berserk off of those video game threads. It's like if there was a Game of Thrones video game and the marketing team decided to base the cover off of the
Red Wedding
and offer
Red Wedding
downloadable content/costumes. If you can't handle those things period, then yeah skip Berserk, but just like the
Red Wedding
in Game of Thrones and many other crazy scenes in Game of Thrones (this is a damn good comparison now that I think about it, minus demons), it's something that happens one time in the context of a manga that's mostly talking and sword fights.

Le sigh...

I have considered that my curiosity for it is due to my previous love of Hellsing. If I could handle that, maybe this won't be too bad? I dunno but ffs I'm probably doing myself a disservice and should just give it a chance.

Numb

Happy Birthday Feenix!

---

I was going to try reading Berserk but after hearing all these instances of rape and torture that occur to the main characters, I'll have to pass.

I can't handle that stuff. It's depressing as fuck.
Berserk isn't cheery but those instances are not many.
People just put them in the limelight
It's still rape and torture tho so it's understandable where you are coming from

andthebeatgoeson

I thought everyone knew Kyrie only fucks with PAWGs

Black famous basketball player from Duke University only likes white women? Shocked. I heard Grant Hill isn't even allowed back onto the campus for his treachery.

476060582-grant-and-tamia-hill-are-the-guests-today-gettyimages.jpg

FyreWulff

Black famous basketball player from Duke University only likes white women? Shocked. I heard Grant Hill isn't even allowed back onto the campus for his treachery.

476060582-grant-and-tamia-hill-are-the-guests-today-gettyimages.jpg

I still think it's funny how Food Network lost most of their stars and they've been more successful elsewhere.. because they became a reality game show network

Lucini

Banned
It seems all tv is today is reality shows

"Reality"*

*May or may not describe real-life situations, any similarity to living people or current events is merely a coincidence. Dialogue may or may not be scripted. Any similarity to the lives of actual people is an unintended error and may be edited out upon broadcast.

akira28

who knew the actors and tv writers strikes would leave the nation so shook for the long term?

Donald Trump ate off of that brand of bullshit for a decade.

Happy birthday, Feenix!

I was going to try reading Berserk but after hearing all these instances of rape and torture that occur to the main characters, I'll have to pass.

I can't handle that stuff. It's depressing as fuck.

I wish I could say go for it, but Guts seriously has the most depressing life in comics. Spidey and Hulk combined don't come close.

vKTb.jpg

Here. Take a look at the face Guts makes when he shows how he's actually always feeling on the inside. HILARIOUS! Oh, how I laughed at the misery. LAUGH, ISHIBEAR. LAUGH T.T

Numb

Happy birthday, Feenix!

I wish I could say go for it, but Guts seriously has the most depressing life in comics. Spidey and Hulk combined don't come close.

vKTb.jpg

Here. Take a look at the face Guts makes when he shows how he's actually always feeling on the inside. HILARIOUS! Oh, how I laughed at the misery. LAUGH, ISHIBEAR. LAUGH T.T
Smile nigga!
Listen to your friend Griffith

giphy.gif

Griffith can go straight to hell tho

zeemumu

Happy birthday, Feenix!

vKTb.jpg

Yeah. I've seen a few bits and pieces of this series and someone described some of the arcs to me. Guts has it rough. Spidey has hard times but none of them have ever hit the lows of Berserk and he always bounces back.

Johndoey

Banned
I can't stomach torture or descriptions of torture so reading through a pretty decent chunk of Berserk is basically awful for me. It also forces me to skip around with Game of thrones.

Numb

Open window for 30 seconds and 30 mosquitos jump in
Motherf!
I can't stomach torture or descriptions of torture so reading through a pretty decent chunk of Berserk is basically awful for me. It also forces me to skip around with Game of thrones.
Cool with it as long as it ain't in motion
Can't even watch regular horror stuff with jump scares forget bout the torture ones

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Same. I think I'll have to pass on this manga because the more I read about it, the more uncomfortable I feel. The story sounds like a beautiful tragedy, albeit one that I can't handle.

Fwiw I love horror media but torture and rape have always been where I draw the line...

Mizerman

Eh. It's fine in moderation and depends on what series I'm watching. But yeah, just doing it for the sake of shock value is bad.

Same. I think I'll have to pass on this manga because the more I read about it, the more uncomfortable I feel. The story sounds like a beautiful tragedy, albeit one that I can't handle.

That's fair. I love the hell out of Berserk, but I completely understand that some people would be turned off a certain aspects.

BigDes

Fwiw I love horror media but torture and rape have always been where I draw the line...

Just play Dark Souls instead

Its Berserk without all the rapeiness.

After I got through the Eclipse in Berserk, I did have to stop reading for like three months. It was a lot on me, after getting to know these characters for months. I still haven't really returned to it in any dedicated way since that arc, though I want to. Part of that was how horrific the Eclipse was, and part of it was how very very stalled the manga was.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
whats a good media server program for streaming to my smart tv? samsung allshare doesnt like to refresh new files half the time.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I thought the eclipse was kind of poorly handled tbh

I think this might have hurt my soul reading this. This post is up there with the "I'm black and it doesn't bother me" post. Ok, maybe not that bad Lol .But this might be the woat opinion old chap.

Edit: what media did you experience Berserk in first ? Cause if it was those new 3d movies an opinion like this wouldn't surprise me.

Johndoey

Banned
Outcast sets up fairly strict rules and signs for the possession in the show, all the possessions hqve followed the same path so far. The characters ignore them to artificially stretch out situations. It's starting to drag. Like the show well enough otherwise.

Lucini

Banned
I second Plex, it's a good solution for media, especially if you don't like adding all the metadata. Decent media interface, platform availability etc.

-------

A few days ago, I broke up with my girlfriend. It was getting serious, but I took some time and I realized that I was not ready to be in a serious relationship. Too close to my divorce, emotionally I'm not ready, I need the time to get my shit straightened out and to hold shit down for my daughters.

She hasn't handled that well. I removed her from social media (obviously). I get the text message about that. I get the double-barrels about how much she feels like I played her. Mind you, I didn't just break up with her lightly. I didn't just randomly come to to the decision. It was something I had been thinking about, and I know I couldn't go through the motions because that's not fair to her. Shit sucks.

ID resurgence
Kill all
minorities parents and guy for similarity
Let's do
the same stuff but not have it work
Poor old scientist
lost his husband
At all cost!!!
nothing can happen to the Chinese woman, also the white guy can't touch her like he's Slay

Also fucking stupid
Cl1lKDXWkAEJxj2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom