• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just came across this from the BBC, and i thought i'd share it with you guys.

Inside the mind of white America.
(please make sure to click the video just above the title.)

A small excerpt from the Description.
"Amid the current backdrop of the Black Lives Matter movement and increasing wealth disparity, Clive Myrie from the BBC's This Week's World delves into what white Americans understand - or don't - about race."
BBC are the best at these

Shy

They are.
Not for long!
OXOnTC3.gif

Not for long!

Seriously, never have a seen a country as big as the UK shoot itself in the face like this.

WHO the fuck thinks Direct Democracy is the best way to handle major socioeconomic decisions? Like, what do they think would have happened if shit like SLAVERY got a Direct Democratic vote?

I'd... Probably never be born or in Nigeria, but still, slavery would probably still exist.

andthebeatgoeson

Not for long!

They are.

OXOnTC3.gif

Seriously, never have a seen a country as big as the UK shoot itself in the face like this.

WHO the fuck things Direct Democracy is the best way to handle major socioeconomic decisions? Like, what do they think would have happened if shit like SLAVERY got a Direct Democratic vote?

I'd... Probably never be born or in Nigeria, but still, slavery would probably still exist.
It's been a weird year. Give me a few more before I start holding up a sign about the end times. Gordon is _____-, Trump is close to the presidency, cavs won. What's next?

Bubba T

The job search continues. I put in a couple applications at national firms and one of them got back to me the same day. The recruiter said that my skillset isn't want they are looking for right now, but to keep in touch because campus hiring is starting in a few months and they are making an initiative to focus more on diversity. He specifically noted my membership with NABA.

Cool, I guess. It just reminded me again how white bread accounting is.

Malyse

I'm really liking Commercial!Fall Out Boy. I'm also enjoying them reaching out to pop artists for movie specific soundtracks again. It's something we got away from for a while and I think it just make your movie more special to have songs (with vocals) written for it instead of just licensing.

https://youtu.be/2AQ44nPrRTM

Malyse

I like the song they did for Big Hero 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PxOanFjxQ

That's part of what I was getting at. I was shocked as all hell when they announced that they wrote a song for Disney. It only increases my hype for Lin-Manuel Miranda (a man who is clearly a musical genius) and what he does with Moana. I really love non traditional choices like Daft Punk for Tron and Trent Reznor for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Social Network. Honestly, I've been wanted FOB to do a full soundtrack from some time.

----

As a side note, there is no shortage of black celebs making the "You stupid fuck" face.

harSon

Banned
I have an upper endoscopy scheduled for early next week due to suspected peptic ulcers. Been losing weight, and yesterday I was nauseated beyond belief and threw up blood...

Shit runs in my family, fml

andthebeatgoeson

I have an upper endoscopy scheduled for early next week due to suspected peptic ulcers. Been losing weight, and yesterday I was nauseated beyond belief and threw up blood...

Just got one done myself. It's easy least. Anesthesia is the shit.

Good luck. You in a PPI?

2 rags for the shower? Just wash your face first then ass and balls last lmao
People who never found out how soap works use two wash cloths

ishibear

is a goddamn bear

Hope everything turns out ok /hugs/

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Am back. Still fuzzy from alcohol and late night pool perusing. It was hot as balls but not THAT bad (room had bomb AC). Couple we were with was on max level fuckery, like I'm talking "you called me a bitch imma cut you with this bottle" fuckery. I feel bad for my homie but he gotta deal with that. Anyways all in all good trip. Spent too much money and probably got way to drunk but it was worth it to get away from it all even for just two days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Stay up breh. Stomach shit is stupid as fuck but you can manage. I hope you get some good news from this procedure.

Malyse

tumblr_o9ahoggyzx1tkvnsco2_400.jpg

http://blacknerdproblems.com/an-ope...les-giving-steve-rogers-the-ground-and-pound/

MILES MORALES LOOKIN’ LIKE HE FREESTYLIN’ OVER SWAY IN THE MORNING’S 5 FINGERS OF DEATH ALL OVER STEVE ROGERS’ CREDIBILITY!

Miles looking like he ’bout to dead “not my Captain America” talk.
Miles looking like he serving Steve Denny’s Early Bird retirement special.
Miles looking like he ’bout to hand Steve Rogers the severance pay, pink slip, the life alert.
Miles looking like he caught Steve flashing the wrong gang sign for Hydra.
Miles looking like he coming for Cap’s cap.
Miles looking like he fed up being Bendis’ mouth piece for “progressive” race views from the landfill.

Miles looking like he ’bout to Super Smash Bros Steve with his own controller.
Miles looking like he ’bout to retell this shit in a Charlie Murphy voice sayin,
“I CAME DOWN WITH IT LIKE THIS! SO IT HURT MORE.”
Miles lookin’ like he reciting the whole hook from Ether.
Miles lookin’ like he couldn’t find a mic to drop so Steve’s shield will do.
Miles lookin’ like he ’bout to do it for the Vine and the culture.
Miles lookin’ like he was going to reconsider but someone shouted “WORLD STAR!”
Miles lookin’ like he been waiting to go CM Punk pipe bomb on Steve, saying, “Steve Rogers while you lay there hopefully as uncomfortably as you possibly can be, there’s something I got to get off my chest. I don’t hate you Steve, I don’t even dislike you. I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not…”

Miles saying, “My Captain America Black and his shield is round.”
Miles saying, “LOOK AT ME, IRISH! I’M DEE CAPTAIN NOW.”
Miles saying, “That’ll do pig. That’ll do… I’d quote Old Yeller but I was born in the ’00’s.”
Miles saying, “Hail Hydra, right?! Then rep yo set then!”
Miles saying, “ON YOUR F’N LEFT.”
Miles saying, *while shaking his head*…
tumblr_inline_o38zf3j6UZ1sla3su_500.gif

Steve Rogers thinking, “I didn’t get iced for this shit.”
Steve thinking, “No no no wait, my best friend is Black.”
Steve thinking, “Oh my, Chris Evans, here comes the 187.”
Steve thinking, “Trust us, they said. This sharp edge on the shield will be cool, they said.”
Steve thinking…
tumblr_n94ca93YIy1rkqrw6o8_250.gif

Steve Rogers ’bout to go into that void.
Steve Rogers ’bout to limbo all the way down to limbo.
Steve Rogers ’bout to walk into heaven and see Bill Foster and Rhodey playing spades at a table and he’s gonna look for a seat and Bill gonna say, “yeaaaaah, there’s a shortage of chairs sooooo….”

D i Z

Looks like the KKK are showing their asses again in Sacramento. A whole lot of shanking going on.

Pardon me. "White Nationalists".

Malyse

It appears that people thought they were voting on whether or not refugees S should stay or leave the country, as is evidenced by the spike in violence and people holding up "we voted for you to leave" signs. I've no doubt the pro-leave political factions did nothing to allay that belief. That is, assuming that they weren't instrumental in its genesis.

Uhhhhh....nigga I use two. Shit's more sanitary that way

No wash your fucking face after the shower and dry with the normal drying towel near the sink (if you have one)
a sink that is

I.........I don't understand the point. The towel is fresh when you wash your face. Then wash the rest of you body with the same towel. What is the point of two? Unless you wash your ass first? At night I always wash my face when I shower, in the morning I wash face at the sink(with new rag). Also, don't reuse rags you wash with or towels you dry off with.

Lucini

Banned
Food stamp thread is garbage.

It's like a checklist of bullshit spewed in there:

* Poor people shouldn't be buying sodas/candy check
* Poor people can't manage their diets check
* Poor people should only buy stuff to prepare their own meals with their assistance check
* It's not something I buy so they shouldn't either check

This shit boils my blood as someone who had a single parent who worked her ass off at 2 to 5 jobs during my youth. I knew what it was to feel a struggle and to watch my mom manage to keep her sanity with 2 boys and all that work. Fuck that thread.

BlackJace

I never really get mad at the ignorance in those arenas. I just remember the demographics of the forum, subsequently chuckle, and move on.

You can't argue with some people. You just can't.

Dai101

Banned
Food stamp thread is garbage.

It's like a checklist of bullshit spewed in there:

* Poor people shouldn't be buying sodas/candy check
* Poor people can't manage their diets check
* Poor people should only buy stuff to prepare their own meals with their assistance check
* It's not something I buy so they shouldn't either check

This shit boils my blood as someone who had a single parent who worked her ass off at 2 to 5 jobs during my youth. I knew what it was to feel a struggle and to watch my mom manage to keep her sanity with 2 boys and all that work. Fuck that thread.

You forgot the bullshiest one.
* Poor people should buy whatever i want them to buy because muh taxes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom