• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
424d3024b892c80ce54780b0791c74c2.png

It's about historical accuracy in video games!

Knows nothing about Harlem Hellfighters tho

Part a cancerous comment chain on PCGamer's latest Battlefield 1 gameplay.

KumaJG

LOL Justin Timberlake got set up for that cultural appropriation and Janet reponse that he should've seen a mile away. He should've ignored it, like he does Black issues and keep making that blue eyed derivative form of R&B and Soul. For the record, I like Justin Timberlake's music.

I can never forgive Justin for letting Janet take the fall

Is XCom2 that much different than XCOM?

The Adder

Banned
I can never forgive Justin for letting Janet take the fall

Is XCom2 that much different than XCOM?

Significantly improved, but the same core.

There's a time mechanism that keeps the pressure on and makes it dangerous to sit around and farm missions.

You can end up breaking it though. My two American snipers happened to have rolled abilities from other classes that make them win every encounter that can be brought outdoors effortlessly.

It won't convince you if you didn't like the first, but if you did it is such an improved experience.

andthebeatgoeson

Significantly improved, but the same core.

There's a time mechanism that keeps the pressure on and makes it dangerous to sit around and farm missions.

You can end up breaking it though. My two American snipers happened to have rolled abilities from other classes that make them win every encounter that can be brought outdoors effortlessly.

It won't convince you if you didn't like the first, but if you did it is such an improved experience.

Should I play the first before the second? Or jump straight to 2?

Speaking of Toms, anybody heard of Tommy Sotomayor? LOL

I've heard of him & noticed my Mom watching some of his videos but I've never payed much attention to him. From what little I did hear though he sounds like the type of person who would be endlessly mocked on TWIB, The Black Guy Who Tips & MTR.

Kreed

Well... I hate to say it, but he went to Duke...

If that's his preference, so be it, just don't try to play it off in pics with black women. Just own up to it lol.

Unless sleeping with Kyrie Irving on a boat is part of the new Oscar best actress nomination process, I'm in the "don't care" camp.

I've heard of him & noticed my Mom watching some of his videos but I've never payed much attention to him. From what little I did hear though he sounds like the type of person who would be endlessly mocked on TWIB, The Black Guy Who Tips & MTR.

I think some people might label him an uncle tom or ruckus. The funny thing is I went to the same college with him and was good friends with him for over a decade.

andthebeatgoeson

Wife signed up for a forum called next door. From reading the notifications, it's basically people scared of their shadow reporting every bullshit thing they see. Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ, how do people survive?

At 345 today I saw a car slow to take a picture of my car/house. The driver reached across to point his camera out the passenger side window. The car continued toward Columbia and slowed in front of each other house. I called 911 immediately. Within 2 minutes the car came back down Monticello headed towards midway. It was a dark blue mid 90s Honda Accord with a spoiler. I couldn't get the full plate number, but got XX- --XX, maybe XXX XXXX or something similar. Unfortunately I did not see the driver.

That's labeled house casing. Fucking CSI agents all over my neighborhood.

It's probably someone looking to buy a house.

Like how 'spoiler' is new code.

akira28

tyt never recovered never did the Daily Kos as far as I'm concerned. 2008 was not a friendly time in liberal land.

I was hoping they could get a look at the black or hispanic guy behind the wheel. Probably hispanic, you know how they like their spoilers.

Malyse

Japanese Captcha is the fucking worst.

----

This idea of having to explain why it’s racial, while we’re standing in our own blood is silly. It’s racial because it doesn't happen to white people.
The existence of your neighbor's pain is not dependent upon your belief in it. And we cannot improve a situation that we don't acknowledge. Learning from patterns is both basic and critical to the progress of human "civilization."
We must stop reflexively dismissing our nation's shortcomings by telling oppressed people what America does and does not stand for. I assure you, they are well aware.
When you get everything that you want, at all times, you complain when you don’t get it. If you’re rich and you fly first class for the first twelve years of your life and suddenly you ain’t rich no more and you gotta fly coach, you’re going to bitch about that. That’s going to be uncomfortable. Something was taken from you. The thing is that we’re not taking anything from anybody.
This is a tradition in this country, where people are able to go ahead and kill black people because they got sassed because we were inconvenienced. And we become the victims of a fantasy. This fantasy of what the black body does and can do has become more important than the reality. And we pay for it with our lives.
What about black pain is so fun to you? From where is that joy derived? What Halloween comes around, how exactly does dressing up as Trayvon and other illustrations of black pain, make you feel? Please be specific.

We don’t reflexively celebrate random or routine white death, make memes of your bleeding corpses, etc. Tell us about this unique obsession.

Millions of you smile in awe of our music, comedy, inventions, athletics, fashion, etc., but when we’re not entertaining you, you hate us? How does that work exactly?
We’re done watching, and waiting while this invention called whiteness uses and abuses us. Burying black people out of sight and out of mind, while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment like oil — black gold. Ghettoizing and demeaning our creations then stealing them. Gentrifying our genius and then trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit.
The reaction to oppression has always been spun and marketed as validation for the status quo.
[Racism] is not a black problem. This is a white problem. This is an American problem. This is a societal problem. People should be outraged that a man is able to instigate an interaction with kids and then shoot them when it doesn’t go well. It should be an outrage for everybody.

Ladies, gentlemen, horses, bears, and Slayven, I present Mr. Jesse Williams

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wife signed up for a forum called next door. From reading the notifications, it's basically people scared of their shadow reporting every bullshit thing they see. Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ, how do people survive?

That's labeled house casing. Fucking CSI agents all over my neighborhood.

It's probably someone looking to buy a house.

Like how 'spoiler' is new code.

Nextdoor is useful as shit but also has the terrible drawback of finding out exactly how goddamned crazy your shitty neighbors are. It is a double edged sword.

Lots of lost and found success stories, though, for pets.

Malyse

Going for the jugular.

Speaking of, some people in this forum. T_T

If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression. If you have no interest—if you have no interest in equal rights for black people, then do not make suggestions to those who do. Sit down.

It's like they fucking matrix bullet timed this part. I can't with the thread.

Johndoey

Banned
Brown and Knight, huh? The clash of two burning garbage fires begins.

But also I doubt he can prove any negligence or failure to prevent the shooting on Brown's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom