• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause it is easier than washing sheets

I enjoy when they get upset when people then judge or question their actions.

You don't know me! But let me tell you about the intimate details of my life! But you can't respond to me in ways I don't like, that's not fair! I just want to vent!

Slayven

I enjoy when they get upset when people then judge or question their actions.

You don't know me! But let me tell you about the intimate details of my life! But you can't respond to me in ways I don't like, that's not fair!
The lack of self awarness is astounding

"Here is how I am a shitty person, please cosign it"

The lack of self awarness is astounding

"Here is how I am a shitty person, please cosign it"

And so many hide behind anxiety and social issues as if that makes everything ok. As if having those issues means they should get a free pass, especially when women come into play, because most of these dear diaries are usually women are mean to me posts.

Loneliness for the most part, i guess.

Which i can empathise with. For the most part.

Ahh. Noice.

Oh I get that. But they should find small communities within and not the giant posts. Like I get wanting to share stuff, I'd consider talking about my personal life here or in PoliGaf but an OT thread? Maybe if I was dying would be what it would take.

I just can't wrap my brain behind these dear diary things where you basically broadcast your shit to a bunch of people who don't know you from adam.

Slayven

And so many hide behind anxiety and social issues as if that makes everything ok. As if having those issues means they should get a free pass, especially when women come into play, because most of these dear diaries are usually women are mean to me posts.
Everyone wants an echo chamber
Oh I get that. But they should find small communities within and not the giant posts. Like I get wanting to share stuff, I'd consider talking about my personal life here or in PoliGaf but an OT thread? Maybe if I was dying would be what it would take.

I just can't wrap my brain behind these dear diary things where you basically broadcast your shit to a bunch of people who don't know you from adam.

I like to think someone of them are joke posts, but deep down I know most aren't.

The dude house was infested with fleas, but he was worried about his PS4...like brah

Sch1sm

Does conditioner do anything for y'all?

Necessity in my life.

Sometimes, I think they just like the attention. That, or they want to cast a wide net for viewpoints and fail to recognize that these threads near always end with the same two opposing sides every single time.

Kreed

1) Many of these posters believe that posting something on the internet does not have the consequences of talking to people in real life. Since the people they are talking to are people they don't interact with physically, there's no fear of repercussions for their comments. Unfortunately thanks to social media this is only getting worse as it becomes more acceptable (Just imagine if we had President Trump. He'd be on Twitter posting the Nuclear Launch codes @ China and deleting them 5 minutes later blaming it on a intern).

2) Lack of awareness of the audience they are talking to. Many of these posters assume that their diaries are going to get a lot of positive response and support because they've interacted with posters on video games or other completely different subjects and have assumed "Hey, all these people think just like me". This is especially annoying when they jump to the conclusion that all posters ARE just like them physically too (ex: A white male poster thinking everyone on GAF is white and male posting some craziness that they only say to their white male friends).

3) Community? What's that?

shingi70

Banned
I hate when dudes involve me in fuckery at work. Young White dude calls older blacm man nigga trying to hurry him up. Young Black dude in my line cuts up about to beat the white dudes ass. Young White dude gets thrown out the store. Turns out Old black dude is White Teens step dad, and he calls his wife and they agree to let young white dude walk his ass home for being an embarssing fuck up.

So I didn't yesterday, so apparently co-workers are in electronics fucking with this dude I work with. The guys okay and I think of him as friend, but he's really socially awkward otaku anime club virgin type . So he has some condoms he's putting away and one of the more deadpan assholes ask him who's he using with, so nigga looks at my girlfriend and goes I'm going to use them with her. She gives him this creeped out look and walks away and everyone else short of gives him a weird look and says you wouldn't say that shit if shingi was here. Its no secret he likes my girlfriend, but I'm a bit unclear on if he said it because he was flustered they were making fun of him so he saw the closet person to him or what.

She didn't tell me and the deadpan gilfoil dude told.me after the anime dude had left. They're all joking about and surprised when I'm super seriously p'od dude said that to my girl and made her uncomfortable in the work place. Well more surprised that I was visibly angry since I'm.pretty chill most of the time.

My girlfriend is telling me to forget about it, but I really want to at least verbally confront the dude and if not puch him,.scar him at an emotional level, but despite this he's kind of an okay dude.

akira28

yeah seriously take the side of the deadpan startin shit nigga, go ahead.

(a conversation I could see, but you're clearly getting cised up by that joker)

akira28

Akira, bruh what, what?

there is always some dude at the job trying to play puppetmaster for drama. I'm saying shingi should have a talk with his otaku nerd friend to clear the air. But not so completely feed into the workplace drama that someone else is trying to unfold

This is neogaf. Where your house is on fire and you make an OT thread about it (lol this almost actually happened btw lol. Amir0x)

You ain't wrong, Pablo..you ain't wrong.

Sounds problematic. Throwing blows ain't the way..even if I'd normally say otherwise. Fuck his social awkward blah blah whatever. His ass should know better. Don't know if you want to talk to him or if going to HR is a better way to go about it. I'd definitely look at him a little different. You know your co-workers already told him how you reacted..

akira28

shooting the shit with your pals at work is one thing, but I've seen the malicious side of people spreading rumours for really ill reasons, based off of a little truth and a giant helping of trying to start bullshit.

so all I'm saying is watch for that. Its obvious what the dude did wasn't cool, but I wouldn't have a problem telling dude to get back to business, with the caveat that we never have this conversation again.

shingi70

Banned
You ain't wrong, Pablo..you ain't wrong.

Sounds problematic. Throwing blows ain't the way..even if I'd normally say otherwise. Fuck his social awkward blah blah whatever. His ass should know better. Don't know if you want to talk to him or if going to HR is a better way to go about it. I'd definitely look at him a little different. You know your co-workers already told him how you reacted..

I don't want to fight him,I do want o tell him I personality didn't appreciate what he said, on one of my more vindictive days I want to publicly embarrassed him with words, but that be bullying so that's a no go.

Malyse

I say clap all of em. Clap the dude starting dumb shit, clap the the dude fiending for yo girl. If mean, it's clearly bothering you and bottling stuff up is only a good idea if you work at a soda factory.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
A female co-worker was clowning my girlfriend because I was talking to them about how I was worried about her driving sometimes. There's boundaries in the workplace point blank and even though I probably shouldn't have disclosed my feelings about my girl it doesn't give anyone free reign to say what they want. I basically ended up telling my female co-worked to shut up about the jokes and she got all salty about it. Different situation but the point is you need to clear the air shingi. Don't be overly agressive, don't berate the fucker even if you could. Just be the bigger person and make sure the shit don't happen again. Company drama is the worst so squash that shit as soon as you can. The drama is always going to happen but make sure you air it out and make sure it doesn't continue to affect you and yours. I also suggest you talk to your girl about it and emphasize that it doesn't make you feel comfortable working with him until you say something. Make sure she understands and supports you because scenarios like this affect you too.

akira28

I say clap all of em. Clap the dude starting dumb shit, clap the the dude fiending for yo girl. If mean, it's clearly bothering you and bottling stuff up is only a good idea if you work at a soda factory.

yo you forgot clap the girl for being so desirable.

Malyse

tumblr_mk36eoYfo61qadqfco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mk36eoYfo61qadqfco2_500.jpg

Janedro, no!

akira28

Johndoey, in 1971 5 English guys took a whole bunch of drugs and predicted the apocalypse we are currently on the brink of. They wrote this revelation down and titled it "Supper's Ready".

shingi70

Banned
Invite him for a threesome

Horses are one thing, but dude is where I draw the line. I'm going to talk to the guy next time we work together.

I mean it's one thing when I'm shooting the shit with one of my boys or someone compliments my girlfriend with a she's hot, your lucky, way outta your league type shit. But when our most personal conversation is regarding Roman Reigns than that shit isn't cool.

zeemumu

vAO45Xa.jpg

Uv5e2GJ.jpg

1vwmDaf.png

Now, if you meant *viable* then that's a different story.

Are these the MTG equivalent of old Yugioh cards that were so powerful that they'd break the game?

I'm working on a B/W spirit deck that floods the game with spirit tokens and powers up my other cards and gives me health with each one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom