• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT15| - Equine, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
lol..You should edit that panel to say "This is urine"

cePKAWG.png

this is also too real.

Ain't that the sad truth.

According to some of GAF if a woman reacted in any way that isn't 100% supportive in whatever the OP was complaining about he dodged a bullet.

OP: My wife won't make breakfast for me even though she works and I don't, think I'll divorce her.

GAF: You do you man, sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

OP: My GF broke up with me because I spent her birthday getting high and having sex with her best friend.

GAF: You dodged a bullet man monogamy is just not healthy and getting high is a powerful political statement against the war on drugs, if she doesn't get that then clearly you deserve better.

OP: I shot my girlfriend because she wanted to have her own car and job, and I didn't want her to leave the house ever.
GAF: Looks like you dodged a bullet and she didn't amirite?!

Just left the most briefest of brief cookouts I been to. Well, it wasn't really brief because it was me who decided to leave. But, my dad was throwing it and everyone had someone they can talk to with them. He had his friend, my mom had her friends, my younger sister had her friends and my older sis had her in laws and friends.

I was stuck in the house watching the little kids watch lets plays on YouTube.

So I quietly told my mom bye and left. This loner life sucks.

Just left the most briefest of brief cookouts I been to. Well, it wasn't really brief because it was me who decided to leave. But, my dad was throwing it and everyone had someone they can talk to with them. He had his friend, my mom had her friends, my younger sister had her friends and my older sis had her in laws and friends.

I was stuck in the house watching the little kids watch lets plays on YouTube.

So I quietly told my mom bye and left. This loner life sucks.
Get some friend

So folks do I dare make a thread about this? It has everything GAF likes to freak out about in regards to BLM, protesters, blocking traffic, a progressive target, and to boot they got stuff done.

Members of the Black Lives Matter Toronto group briefly halted the Pride parade today, holding up the marching for about 30 minutes.
The parade didn't re-start until after Pride Toronto executive director Mathieu Chantelois signed a document agreeing to the group's demands.

The organization was given the status of Honoured Group for the parade, which is the grand finale of Pride Month. It did not give Pride Toronto advance notice of their planned sit-in.

"It's always the appropriate time to make sure folks know about the marginalization of black people, of black queer youth, black trans youth, of black trans people," she said.

"We are not taking any space away from any folks. When we talk about homophobia, transphobia, we go through that too ... It should be a cohesive unit, not one against the other. Anti-blackness needs to be addressed and they can be addressed at the same time, in the same spaces," she said.

"We didn't bully our way into Pride ... we made space for ourselves in a place where we have been erased," Williams added.

In a news release, the group said Pride Toronto "has shown little honour to black queer/trans communities, and other marginalized communities. Over the years, Pride has threatened the existence of black spaces at Pride that have existed for years."

The group released a list of demands, including a commitment to increase representation among Pride Toronto staff, and to prioritize the hiring of black transgender women and indigenous people.

Some of the other demands Chantelois agreed to are that the parade will no longer have police floats, and the organization will hold a public town hall with groups such as Black Lives Matter Toronto within six months.

Pride Toronto, in response to the sit-in, said it welcomes the opportunity to "continue the conversation" with Black Lives Matter Toronto.

"During the parade, BLM-TO started a conversation with us to explore how we can create an even more inclusive and safe festival. We, like BLM-TO have a commitment to ensure our most marginalized communities feel safe and welcome at the festival."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

Bad ass! They got shit done.

Of course now it'll turn out that Nana Ruth was everyone's queer Nana too though!

they are trying to fire Jesse Williams for his awards speech. No way is Shonda Rhimes going to let that happen.

Shonda Rimes has fired two people. One for homophobia on set and one for domestic violence off set. She is not going to fire a man for being a pro-black activist who received an award for his efforts and gave a shout out to black women.

As you said: "No way is Shonda Rhimes going to let that happen." No way in hell. She wouldn't do it, and Shondaland wouldn't let her do it.

akira28

So folks do I dare make a thread about this? It has everything GAF likes to freak out about in regards to BLM, protesters, blocking traffic, a progressive target, and to boot they got stuff done.

If anyone is foolish enough to be salty, let it happen. Make the thread.

TheFlow

Banned

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

Bad ass! They got shit done.

Of course now it'll turn out that Nana Ruth was everyone's queer Nana too though!

that is pretty badass. make the thread.

Shonda Rimes has fired two people. One for homophobia on set and one for domestic violence off set. She is not going to fire a man for being a pro-black activist who received an award for his efforts and gave a shout out to black women.

As you said: "No way is Shonda Rhimes going to let that happen." No way in hell. She wouldn't do it, and Shondaland wouldn't let her do it.
preach

Shy

Oh I get that. But they should find small communities within and not the giant posts. Like I get wanting to share stuff, I'd consider talking about my personal life here or in PoliGaf but an OT thread? Maybe if I was dying would be what it would take.

I just can't wrap my brain behind these dear diary things where you basically broadcast your shit to a bunch of people who don't know you from adam.
I hear ya.
Even though i don't read Berserk. That really depresses me.
I just transformed into my superpowered form to fight the monster, what do I do now Gaf?
NtUg6k9.gif

Can't even wear muslim looking clothes without freaking someone out
Sigh
Goodness. Stay safe my fam.
Ain't that the sad truth.

According to some of GAF if a woman reacted in any way that isn't 100% supportive in whatever the OP was complaining about he dodged a bullet.

OP: My wife won't make breakfast for me even though she works and I don't, think I'll divorce her.
GAF: You do you man, sounds like you dodged a bullet there.

OP: My GF broke up with me because I spent her birthday getting high and having sex with her best friend.
GAF: You dodged a bullet man monogamy is just not healthy and getting high is a powerful political statement against the war on drugs, if she doesn't get that then clearly you deserve better.

OP: I shot my girlfriend because she wanted to have her own car and job, and I didn't want her to leave the house ever.
GAF: Looks like you dodged a bullet and she didn't amirite?!

LEEj9yf.gif

D i Z

GAF poisonous snakes are literally biting my face right now. Should I buy an Xbone S?

Is it going to interfere with your eavesdropping on your roommate having sex and your plans to cock block his lovelife? If not, then PC all the way.

zeemumu

Not really. MTG has always thrown in the odd card with an alternate win condition every few sets. A lot of times they don't get very far in actual tournaments, but they're still fun as hell to build around.

I've been casually building decks as a side thing to help me relax. I built a R/G wolf deck called Red Riding Hood and a R/B deck called VolCullen Eruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom