• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Y'all asses too uptight

YvGQh3D.gif

Crocodile

Eh to be far the dude with the handle of "samus fucker" doesn't seem to far off from the anime avatar stereotype themselves

Not going to lie, I didn't even see the second word in their Twitter handle. Just the Samus icon and the "Samus" in the first part of the name. Why would anyone choose that as their Twitter handle? LOL

Young Magus

Not going to lie, I didn't even see the second word in their Twitter handle. Just the Samus icon and the "Samus" in the first part of the name. Why would anyone choose that as their Twitter handle? LOL

Cuz folks an't thinkin right.

Anyway goodnight nikkas, headin to Korea tomorrow. Night ya'll

I sincerely hope I'm not derailing the current happenings in this thread, but I didn't wish to make a new one and thought this would be a good place as any to ask. For someone who wants to inform himself much more about African American, (and African), culture in general, what would be a good starting point? I tried looking at Amazon for written works, but most of it points to African American fiction. Just kind of realized that I'm a little uneducated about my own culture, (Dominican and Black), and am seeking a little bit of enlightenment.

Slayven

I'm never clicking another link you post.

EDIT: Actually, no, you thought better of it, so I won't write off your links yet. That was the worst website I've ever seen.

I hiring a team of top men to decipher the fuckery, it might be years before we learn how deep it goes

TheFlow

Banned
Finished Luke cage last night.

Like all marvel shows the second half is the weakest but luke cage managed to bounce back better than the other shows.

8/10.

First half of DD season 2
Luke cage
DD season 1
JJ

All awesome shows but I am praying I live long enough to see Luke and Danny become bros.

I sincerely hope I'm not derailing the current happenings in this thread, but I didn't wish to make a new one and thought this would be a good place as any to ask. For someone who wants to inform himself much more about African American, (and African), culture in general, what would be a good starting point? I tried looking at Amazon for written works, but most of it points to African American fiction. Just kind of realized that I'm a little uneducated about my own culture, (Dominican and Black), and am seeking a little bit of enlightenment.

Gospel Choirs by Derrick Bell is good book, and highlights many things via fiction/satire.

Sports wise, anything by Ralph Wiley--he used to write for ESPN, also wrote a few books.

jmood88

The Warmth of Other Suns

Sch1sm

There's this Mumei-graced list.

JLynn

Finished seeing Luke Cage. I liked it. Yeah you can tell Colter felt uncomfortable acting around black folk and Diamondback looked like the Candyman (and the damn "Whachoo talkin bout Willis?" line) but considering it could have gotten worse (like the direction Tarantino would have preferred), I consider it a triumph. I did notice a few more things.

Misty Knight is beautiful (Goes without saying)

The politician coming for Mariah's spot reminded me of Cory Booker for some reason. The "diet Obama" line all but confirm it.

When after Misty was served Lemonade, Misty said "And it STILL is!" I swear I heard the opening riffs to Formation.

Shades was the glue.

I don't get how a NYPD detective with important evidence in their mobile phone doesn't have a lock screen on said mobile phone.

At least Fish recovered the files, Claire knows a lawyer, and Netflix greenlit a Punisher series.

I am also surprised they didn't greenlit a season two yet since this was the show to cause Netflix to go out of order (First time ever in Netflix's history that it went out of order due to excessive streaming.).

And according to Coker, the swear jar was a shout out to Prince. He wanted Prince to guest star in an episode.

That Get Out trailer. Whoa.

Sch1sm

I'm just looking forward to the weekend because it's a long weekend in Canada. Thanksgiving and all, for us. Or, to me, just another statutory holiday. From Friday at 2:30, until Tuesday 4PM, I'm a free bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom