• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT16| - I'm blacker than you'll ever be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Thanks and I'm cool with Disney.

Where you're from - Born in New Orleans raised in California:Santa Cruz and Canada.
Where you live - Canada and California
What is your age? - 27
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy - Black, Latino, Irishish
Do you know your roots - Yes
Favorite musical genre - Toss up between rap and chill wave
Your profession/major/career interest - Mechanical Engineer: Auto
Your religious affiliation - Buddhist
Hobbies - Working on cars and tattooing
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC is trash their BBQ chicken was the best. Popeyes is good but can't beat churches biscuits. Bojangles dominates them all.
Marvel or DC? - Neither, I live on the edge
Favorite superhero? - Anti-hero, Spawn.
Anime or Nah? - Yes and no
Favorite sport and team? - Football, Steelers...
What's your favorite Disney movie? - James and the giant peach.

Welcome!

Where you're from - Born in New Orleans raised in California:Santa Cruz and Canada.
What is your age? - 27
KFC, Popeye's, Churches, or Bojangles? - KFC is trash their BBQ chicken was the best. Popeyes is good but can't beat churches biscuits. Bojangles dominates them all.

Welcome to the BBQ.

What is your age? - 27

Welcome newblood

Mizerman

What is your age? - 27

Welcome!

Sch1sm

Where Gordon and Jean at, I haven't seen them in a bit? 👀

I want to get some SFV in soon~ My Fri/Sat/Sun are super empty. Looking at y'all, too, @Shy, @Ironfist Sect, @Forearm Star. Haven't played in a bit and the way it's looking I'm letting my sub expire come 3rd week next month since I should focus on finals etc, life.

andthebeatgoeson

Everyone stop what you're doing and watch this.
https://twitter.com/moisemorancy/status/791066311380140032
Yeah, I'm down for him standing up but you know black skin has it's disadvantages. Call the cops, get in between them if you're bold but yeah, cops won't do anything to protect you or give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm surprised he's not convicted and registering as a sex offender, suffering a 20 year stint.

Zekes!

What is your age? - 27

what's good ✌🏽

Malyse

Yeah, I'm down for him standing up but you know black skin has it's disadvantages. Call the cops, get in between them if you're bold but yeah, cops won't do anything to protect you or give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm surprised he's not convicted and registering as a sex offender, suffering a 20 year stint.

In New York no less.

I want to get some SFV in soon~ My Fri/Sat/Sun are super empty. Looking at y'all, too, @Shy, @Ironfist Sect, @Forearm Star. Haven't played in a bit and the way it's looking I'm letting my sub expire come 3rd week next month since I should focus on finals etc, life.

I'm down! Don't plan on doing much this weekend but playing video games. Although I do gotta replenish my stash..

What is your age? - 27

Welcome! Welcome!

I have a question. Anyone can answer if you can, but I'm mostly aiming this at African BCT.

Many black men find comic drag characters like Geraldine and Medea to be Hollywood's attempt to emasculate the black man. I disagree, but I've never heard of any African comic drag characters.

Are there any comic drag traditions in any African culture? And I mean pre-colonial culture, not anything that's been touched by European culture.

Shy

Mornin' Squad.
Evening.

Sure i'll try to play with you.

Kreed

Am I the only person who is not voting? I'm not feeling either candidate

If hes serious about the microloans to black entrepreneurs

eGUu74J.png

shingi70

Banned
Been playing a ton of games this past week and it really has repaired my love for playing shit that isn't destiny. Gotta thank Nintendo cause the Wii U is so fun. Watching my girlfriend's 4 year old brother slay at 3D world and try Splatoon really got me jazzed about games again.

Crocodile

The episode just ended but I'm sure you can catch the rerun or find clips online but if you have the chance I'd check out tonight's episode of the Lawrence O'Donnell show. A great discussion on BLM (and one of its leaders endorsement of Clinton) the protests Native Americans have been holding in ND over a pipeline and how all this ties into the presidential campaign.

Why is it every time I step in here I come face to face with some struggle food pics?

Ok ,so bct taught me something Ill be voting for midterm elections when they come up . I think I will feel less jaded if I vote then instead of for the presidency

Srry double post didnt see your post until after, I tried to edit it in my other post but not sure how to or if I can

Its incentive if hes for real but he would have to give more details about the loans and interest rates . If Hilary said something like that I would consider voting for her or a more exclusive affirmative action where it only applies to black men and women and not white women .

If we talking who has more privilege in this world its white male then white female and so on we are obviously at the bottom and should not be sharing policies with privileged people.

Sch1sm

I won't be on till late'ish evening my time.

I'm a little rough lately. but thank you for asking. 😘

Cmon man!!! Won't be back until at least 5-6pm

Hey. Hey. Hey. I said onward. I know you got lives. And sleep. Psh. C'mon

---

Y'all know those ones where you look at your final exam schedule and it's all one after the other toward the end of the exam session, leaving you with nothing more than a 2 week break? Ayyyyyyyy. 🙃🙃🙃🔫🔫🔫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom