• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute you just realized that? I knew that since I knew about slavery. I don't really give a fuck about the 4th like that. It's just an excuse to go to a cookout. I won't be going to one today this weekend family reunion is supposed to be that.

It's just a cookout for me too. I was never really patriotic to be honest. No real reason to, obviously.

Happy 4th, assorted melanin-rich peoples

Let's take a moment to consider how lucky we are that George Washington grabbed so much freedom from those British losers

Ps4 pro, $50 psn card, $15 google play card, and probably gonna sell my OG PS4 in the BST thread

Not bad. Not bad at all. Traded in my ps3 collection and Witcher 3 for PS4 and came out with a new external hard drive, Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3 day one edition and Crash N Sane Trilogy.

Kreed

Today is a day filled with mixed feelings for me. We as a people were never free not made independent by any of the acts celebrated this day. I will not decent into hotep-ness though and my goal is not to bring a damper onto anyone's celebrations.

Hopefully what I said will give rise to just a moment of thought and reflection, and with that....

Happy 4th of July!

"Mixed feelings" apply to every US holiday except MLK day.

What are you all eating today?
Let me throw it down, cause the *********-*********'s handle business with cooking and fambam got specific taste anyways.

Food:
Smoked brisket, smoked chicken, baked mac & cheese, seafood salad, house salad, Deviled Eggs, Potato Salad, Italian salad, burgers, ribs, hot links, boston butt, Kebab, cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, skrimp gumbo, Corn on Cob/sweet corn, grits, baked beans

Dessert:
Key lime Pie
Blueberry lemon pie
Beignets (Cause I'm me)
Sweet Potato Pie
Variety of freshly freezed fruit pops
Shaved ice

Drinks:
Wine
Sangria
Whisky
Bourbon
Peach, melon and Blueberry Mojitos
Selection of beers

Non-Alcoholic Strawberry Daq & Pina Colada for the babies

Let me throw it down, cause the *********-*********'s handle business with cooking and fambam got specific taste anyways.

Food:
Smoked brisket, smoked chicken, baked mac & cheese, seafood salad, house salad, Deviled Eggs Potato Salad, Italian salad, burgers, ribs, hot links, boston butt, Kebab, cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, skrimp gumbo, Corn on Cob/sweet corn, grits, baked beans

Dessert:
Key lime Pie
Blueberry lemon pie
Beignets (Cause I'm me)
Sweet Potato Pie
Shaved ice

Drinks:
Wine
Sangria
Whisky
Bourbon
Selection of beers

My mouth is drooling from reading all this.

D i Z

Food:
Smoked brisket, smoked chicken, baked mac & cheese, seafood salad, house salad, Deviled Eggs, Potato Salad, Italian salad, burgers, ribs, hot links, boston butt, Kebab, cornbread, buttermilk biscuits, skrimp gumbo, Corn on Cob/sweet corn, grits, baked beans

Dessert:
Key lime Pie
Blueberry lemon pie
Beignets (Cause I'm me)
Sweet Potato Pie
Shaved ice

Drinks:
Wine
Sangria
Whisky
Bourbon
Selection of beers

Damn. That's a feast.

I did not know 90's Gundam was all about that R&B. https://youtu.be/kZ2ao1AQfW4

giphy.gif

Bronx-Man

Banned
Home come Baby Driver don't listen to any Young Thug or Gucci, he's from ATL after all.

Maybe that was a little too urban for Edgar Wright 🤔

Food:

Dessert:
Key lime Pie
Blueberry lemon pie
Beignets (Cause I'm me)
Sweet Potato Pie
Shaved ice

Drinks:
Wine
Sangria
Whisky
Bourbon
Selection of beers

I'm straight hating you right now.

Shy

I think we as a people reserve a special right to say fuck a 4th of july. I think it's important to not hold any sort of illusions that would only serve to obfuscate our material realities. Always time for reflection, even if any of us decide to bbq or whatever. That's all the day is good for imo.

11696004_394342664082425_7088338179916540753_n.jpg

akira28

The 4th? All about family. Or friends. and food and taking things in, reflecting.

what it is not about, to me? America. I get to think about that hell in a handbasket every other day of the week, today its about the good things. Mom's peach cobbler.

akira28

Shit I'm leaving again tonight so it's really just another Tuesday to me

Lol if everyone had to work like every other day, 80% of America would be like "Fuck the Fourth", like we are every other day that isn't a weekend or a friday.

patriotism dies in the arms of wage slavery.

akira28

That picture was taken at Aspiro...in Norway...shortly after Jay-Z acquired Tidal...there isnt a recent staff photo up. But I'm calling bull on your side eye

lol all I had was the google question is tidal a black business and I guess I still have the question.

if its a black business, then its a black business. I truly do have to wonder how many black and brown folks his tech startup employs though.

edIt:
I thought you were making a joke for real...

white slaves, the masta's clothes worth more then all of their clothes combined

worth more to whom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom