• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSun

I'm done, I got banned from the subreddit, for telling dudes to live on the bright side of life.
-------

Transformers was stupid fun, but it felt like a filler arc.

Awww dang. Twas interesting while it lasted. I guess in the long run it is good that you don't have to deal with that crazy.

I got finished watching Police Academy for the first time. That shit was funny and when the white guy called the black girl a jigaboo and then camera switched to Hajat, I knew shit was going down.
Negro turned into the damn Hulk.

D i Z

Man. Jay really misread this one. Should have hit the street a couple of times without the guards to see what's what before writing this tripe.

Johndoey

Banned
Did anyone else ever end up watching a Cure for Wellness? The narrative that movie is a complete and utter mess, but I love it so much. I really like Dane DeHaan in his role it's just beautiful movie to look at, and there are a couple scenes that are mean-spirited in way that I really was into when I watched it.

Honestly I lost the plot 3/4 of the way into the movie, but it has great set and costume design and the everyone is turning out a solid performance. I'd definitely recommend it.

yea? I'll probably check it out either tonight or some time this weekend. maybe even tomorrow if i don't find anything to do.

D i Z

Did anyone else ever end up watching a Cure for Wellness? The narrative that movie is a complete and utter mess, but I love it so much. I really like Dane DeHaan in his role it's just beautiful movie to look at, and there are a couple scenes that are mean-spirited in way that I really was into when I watched it.

I've been dancing around watching it. The problem is I know what it is and how it ends, and I want to see it. I just can't seem to slide a peg sized me into the right shaped hole to just sit down and do it with fore knowledge.

I didn't like 4:44 either, but I never liked Jay-Z.

Right there with you.

Man. Jay really misread this one. Should have hit the street a couple of times without the guards to see what's what before writing this tripe.

Jay been out of touch a long time. Loooong time. At least with Puff once he raced past "rich" and into "wealthy" he learned to just shut his ass up and make money.

Jay still trying to pretend he's hard. Like fool you're a god damn billionaire if you and your wife combine incomes.

Jay been out of touch a long time. Loooong time. At least with Puff once he raced past "rich" and into "wealthy" he learned to just shut his ass up and make money.

Jay still trying to pretend he's hard. Like fool you're a god damn billionaire if you and your wife combine incomes.

Jay-Z GOT MONEY LIKE THAAAAAT?

That's pretty much what the album is about. It's crazy how detached this dude is. It's less of a memoir and more of a financial record at this point.

Like, good for you homie, I'm glad you came up from corner crack dealer living in your car to one of the five wealthiest black men in America and one of the wealthiest in history.

I don't need a god damn album about how rich you are tho. The game passed you by, it happens, let that shit go and just be rich like god damn I don't need you bragging to me when I paid for your damn album.

I mostly hate hip-hop in general that's nothing more than "SHIT I'M RICH NOW DOE". I get it, you've got money, I don't need 15 tracks letting me know.

D i Z

To tell you the truth, I wasn't really listening to those lyrics.

Like, good for you homie, I'm glad you came up from corner crack dealer living in your car to one of the five wealthiest black men in America and one of the wealthiest in history.

I don't need a god damn album about how rich you are tho. The game passed you by, it happens, let that shit go and just be rich like god damn I don't need you bragging to me when I paid for your damn album.

I mostly hate hip-hop in general that's nothing more than "SHIT I'M RICH NOW DOE". I get it, you've got money, I don't need 15 tracks letting me know.

I listened to that all the way thru once (with my usual replay of the first track to get my barrings) and ejected it.

Talk to your accountant about that shit. Where the record at? I couldn't even feel good about the musical work he was going over.

Oh, so it's more like "Big Pimpin" and not the stuff he has to deal with day to day or in certain situations and company?

D i Z

Trials and tribulations of the 1% by Jay (Jay is dead) Z.

The trophy perspective on his marriage was wild too.

Whatever. I'm sure there is a position to work here, but he really missed with what he's put out. Unless the audience has shifted to his bracket and he's talking to them.

Sch1sm

I did appreciate that track with his moms, though. Smile. That's the one positive gem I got out of it. Stevie Wonder on that hook only added +'s for me.

Trials and tribulations of the 1% by Jay (Jay is dead) Z.

The trophy perspective on his marriage was wild too.

Whatever. I'm sure there is a position to work here, but he really missed with what he's put out. Unless the audience has shifted to his bracket and he's talking to them.

I like Hov but, I'm struggling for an album aside from 4 tracks off Ni***s in Paris that I've like of his since his first "retirement".

Malyse

M A N I A is my most anticipated album of the year. I really love the video for Young and Menace and I hope that they do another Young Blood Chronicles following that girl around.

D i Z

Goddamn, he that up his own ass? I mean I respect arrogance to a certain extent, but Jesus.

I dunno if I would go that far. This is more of a "this is where I'm at. This is all I have to talk about in life now" kind of thing.
Might even be a statement about how people should stop expecting "Jay Z" to show up ever again.

Sch1sm

Johndoey

Banned
I dunno if I would go that far. This is more of a "this is where I'm at. This is all I have to talk about in life now" kind of thing.
Might even be a statement about how people should stop expecting "Jay Z" to show up ever again.

Just a little. I mean, what else does he have to speak on now? His past experiences are already the early parts of his discography. He ain't about to talk about family life, so all that's left is money.

He's dreaming, Jandro.
Ah, so more of a statement on this isn't twenty years ago, I'm a different man, different goals, and expectations? I can roll with that.

Hey all.

My girlfriend and I were hitting up some malls today so and we read about the GameStop flips so we went ahead and tried our look. Turned 150 to 400.

I have enough GameStop (now PSN credit) to pay for all of my 2017 games. I didn't know PSN had a limit on how much you can put on your wallet. I'm hoping Skyrim drops in price digitally so I can try it out.

• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (08/22/17)
  • Absolver (08/29/17)
  • Destiny 2 (09/08/17)
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins (10/27/17)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (11/03/17)
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (11/17/17)

I don't want to pay off too much now because there will of course be a spend 100 get 15 deal eventually.

Hey all.

My girlfriend and I were hitting up some malls today so and we read about the GameStop flips so we went ahead and tried our look. Turned 150 to 400.

I have enough GameStop (now PSN credit) to pay for all of my 2017 games. I didn't know PSN had a limit on how much you can put on your wallet. I'm hoping Skyrim drops in price digitally so I can try it out.

• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (08/22/17)
  • Absolver (08/29/17)
  • Destiny 2 (09/08/17)
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins (10/27/17)
  • Call of Duty: WWII (11/03/17)
  • Star Wars Battlefront II (11/17/17)

I don't want to pay off too much now because there will of course be a spend 100 get 15 deal eventually.

Nice, Darryl. Just traded my ps3 collection and Witcher 3 for PS4 for 238.01. Proceeded to get Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy and a external hard drive for my PS4.

Imm0rt4l

This

D i Z

It's hot as fuck. Who got the pool cooling tomorrow? EstoyBlackWaldo had me buying pool wear that is "presentable" and I need to use them soon so that I can take em back before the end of the week.

Zekes!

I like Jay's album. Yeah him acting hard is corny, dude's been rich longer than he was poor at this point, but I enjoyed the production and some of the introspective elements of it

Man, what if he had cheated on Beyonce with Kelly Rowland or Michelle Williams
giphy.gif

It's hot as fuck. Who got the pool cooling tomorrow? EstoyBlackWaldo had me buying pool wear that is "presentable" and I need to use them soon so that I can take em back before the end of the week.
And I ain't even uncover the pool or install the water in the slide yet, it was chilly today.

D i Z

give me a taste of the playlist

And waste this gold? No sir! I have no guarantee you would put it to good use, and not pour it into the gutter like two day old malt liquor.

Hotep's are leaving me alone now fam

The forces are gathering. Relax now and you're going into the void with the rest of them.

giphy.gif

And I ain't even uncover the pool or install the water in the slide yet, it was chilly today.

Taking this shit back to JC Penny in the morning.....

dbb35161eb7233959de477d4ad08d1b9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom