• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Night fam

tail.gif

watching this CBC video on the Canada 150 celebration is offending me! They are shoving their diversity and treatment of natives at me. How dare they treat them well

white Canadians listening to country music still follows the stereotype of not all of them know what rhythm is

Faustek

Afternoon kin

Man after reading Kreeds and Slays posts on 139. I never knew it was that deep. People need a life and I need to stop seeing this as my Internet home and remember its the Internet :/

90s movie thread makes me want to look up some stuff I haven't seen in a while. I think I forgot about a good bunch of the predominately black films.

I agree on Class act. It was the more entertaining movie plus that back then I was also styling a flattop. Won't lie and say my was as majestic as Kids but it wasn't all that far off. I miss my hair sometimes but then I remember all the time I had to put into it and I don't.

Afternoon fam

Afternoon, hoteps still off your back?

Edit: Oh happy USA day. Don't do anything stupid.

Faustek

Actually a bit pissed. Had to brown nose some word wide old duds at work. Show them around and make them feel special. I did it to well so now I'm forced to dedicate my weekend to them and some other old men. I mean sure, if it gets me money to make some investments and give me more time to try and get them to greenlight some education for work environment, psychosocial aspects it's all good. But I know the type. This will all be brown liqour and sexism.

Beefy

Actually a bit pissed. Had to brown nose some word wide old duds at work. Show them around and make them feel special. I did it to well so now I'm forced to dedicate my weekend to them and some other old men. I mean sure, if it gets me money to make some investments and give me more time to try and get them to greenlight some education for work environment, psychosocial aspects it's all good. But I know the type. This will all be brown liqour and sexism.

Sounds like a good time..

Yeah that's some shit. How you gonna have a family reunion and then tell family there's no room for them?

You know how it was back in the day, they'd make room in the car. Somebody would sit on somebody's lap or if it's a van or SUV which my uncle has, someone would sit in the trunk.

Zekes!

You know how it was back in the day, they'd make room in the car. Somebody would sit on somebody's lap or if it's a van or SUV which my uncle has, someone would sit in the trunk.

Yuuuuuuup

I remember being the one sitting on someone's lap to being the one other people sat on

cramming 6-8 people in a 5 person seat car

Today is a day filled with mixed feelings for me. We as a people were never free not made independent by any of the acts celebrated this day. I will not decent into hotep-ness though and my goal is not to bring a damper onto anyone's celebrations.

Hopefully what I said will give rise to just a moment of thought and reflection, and with that....

Happy 4th of July!

Today is a day filled with mixed feelings for me. We as a people were never free not made independent by any of the acts celebrated this day. I will not decent into hotep-ness though and my goal is not to bring a damper onto anyone's celebrations.

Hopefully what I said will give rise to just a moment of thought and reflection, and with that....

Happy 4th of July!

Damn, that's a good point. Real good point.

----------------

Morning, everyone. Looks like we might be getting a Nigerian character in overwatch soon and his name is.....DOOMFIST!!!!

Happy 4th of July!

Pssh 4th means its the 4th month you should've been bbqing already, starting from April.

Faustek

I threw my baby brother in the trunk just a few weeks back. Picked him and his family up in the middle of the night as they came in and damn kid forgot to mention that his mother in law would come as well. So I threw his magabone in the trunk.

Happy 4th of July!

There is always time for that. ✊🏾

Imm0rt4l

Happy 4th of July!
I think we as a people reserve a special right to say fuck a 4th of july. I think it's important to not hold any sort of illusions that would only serve to obfuscate our material realities. Always time for reflection, even if any of us decide to bbq or whatever. That's all the day is good for imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom