• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fucking Amerie, I so wanted to put her in the list. She just had to kill it. Pains me so much still.

lebron. all we can do is crywalk. everytime i see a picture of her current form i get sad. and people saying she looks fine piss me off.

amerie-covers-sheen-magazine-april-2012.jpg

This one's for you, Lebron

feelsbadman.jpg

DominoKid

Been in the obx for a week now...

No internet besides a phone.
No cable.

Only black folk ive seen out here either work at wendys or theyre related to my boy that lives down here haha.

I feel disconnected from life out here. And the people here are some characters.

I'll check in again in a few days.

Pollux

Do y'all find the phrase "colored" offensive? My dad still calls blacks "colored" and I was curious how y'all felt about that term....

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I can't help but here negativity when I hear "colored". There isn't even a way of saying it without coming across as an asshole. Sounds dreadfully harsh. lol.

Co-sign it being outdated too.

Pollux

Cool, thanks for the responses guys! Yea, I was a little shocked he used it, but...**shrug**...dude grew up in Memphis in the 60s. Oh well.

Thanks again!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Been in the obx for a week now...

No internet besides a phone.
No cable.

Only black folk ive seen out here either work at wendys or theyre related to my boy that lives down here haha.

I feel disconnected from life out here. And the people here are some characters.

I'll check in again in a few days.

I love the outerbanks

but yeah... you're the region token. Its great if you're getting away with NOT FAMILY though.

Kreed

Do y'all find the phrase "colored" offensive? My dad still calls blacks "colored" and I was curious how y'all felt about that term....

I don't find the term "offensive" but I tend to think negatively about any person that uses it other than an old black person. The word instantly makes me think of an era when black people didn't/were still fighting for equal rights.

Instead of being disgusted or even slightly annoyed people are making fun of a kid's death let me come in here and complain I can't respond to threads with black people. Come on GAF do we need this in every race related thread?

When over a dozen posts on the first page are "Ha, those white people sure are craaaaazy", there's really only one direction the thread can go.

Onemic

Wish I had found the south asian guy to make the selection of pics more diverse. Ah well, damage has been done.

I can't post threads yet, so I'll just put this here if anyone wants to make a thread.

Trayvoning

1280241641392.jpg

Curious to see how many defend this vileness.

That really doesnt bother me, its fucked up true, but honestly if trayvon was any other race and it got the same media attention, people would still do this. That just how dumb people are these days.

Why must clayton bigsby act like clayton bigsby?

When over a dozen posts on the first page are "Ha, those white people sure are craaaaazy", there's really only one direction the thread can go.

Because I am Clayton Bigsby. Also, "white people" is such a dumb response to anything. Did you even happen to read his reasoning? It was even more stupid.

Obviously we got to stop marrying black men.

Im all for interracial dating. I have never dated someone of my own race. Thats much too boring.

Because I am Clayton Bigsby. Also, "white people" is such a dumb response to anything. Did you even happen to read his reasoning? It was even more stupid.

Im all for interracial dating. I have never dated someone of my own race. Thats much too boring.

Then accept it as someone saying something stupid. It's not that difficult bro.

Onemic

Oh his reasoning was beyond stupid. Its just that the only posts I've noticed from you have all been hilarious within the context of your username.

Im all for interracial dating. I have never dated someone of my own race. Thats much too boring

Like this

Oh his reasoning was beyond stupid. Its just that the only posts I've noticed from you have all been hilarious within the context of your username.

Like this

Lol. I picked my username out of my love for Dave. I never thought of the unintended hilarity it might bring out though.

Top Bottom