• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I think I have a weakness.
Whiite women with big booties

But then again whenever I see a good one in general I feel like cable trying to control his techno virus infected arm.

I'm pretty sure MWS Natural is also a fan of whooties. There's probably a lot more fans lurking around. Someone should make a thread..

Subject: Good Morning
To: Black Culture Thread

I thought I'd treat the interested with one from the archives. All you need to know is that the day prior I agreed to try and have lunch with her, we said we'd wander around until we found something. Also after our company was purchased everyone wanted to let go so theyd get severance pay.

The following exchange happened 3 weeks ago via email, the following is unaltered in any way:

Her: "Are you here today? If so are you still taking me on an expedition today?"
Me: "I'm here, and probably"
Her: " Probably? What the hell don't do me any favors please if you find my company so repulsive just let me know"
Me:"whoa, I said probably because I'm not sure if our lunch schedules will sync up" (I was being trained that day)
Her:"I know what you meant, but I just thought I'd give my response a -her name- flair over dramatic"
Me:"Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text; the next email I send may have HR cc-ed"
Her:"Good I like it. Maybe I will get canned"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Subject: Good Morning
To: Black Culture Thread

I thought I'd treat the interested with one from the archives. All you need to know is that the day prior I agreed to try and have lunch with her, we said we'd wander around until we found something. Also after our company was purchased everyone wanted to let go so theyd get severance pay.

The following exchange happened 3 weeks ago via email, the following is unaltered in any way:

Her: "Are you here today? If so are you still taking me on an expedition today?"
Me: "I'm here, and probably"
Her: " Probably? What the hell don't do me any favors please if you find my company so repulsive just let me know"
Me:"whoa, I said probably because I'm not sure if our lunch schedules will sync up" (I was being trained that day)
Her:"I know what you meant, but I just thought I'd give my response a -her name- flair over dramatic"
Me:"Sarcasm doesn't translate well to text; the next email I send may have HR cc-ed"
Her:"Good I like it. Maybe I will get canned"

dude, this chick seems legit dangerous. she doesnt know where you live, does she?

dude, this chick seems legit dangerous. she doesnt know where you live, does she?

lol, she comes off way crazier than she really is. She's emotional but she would never physically do anything. She has real bad anxiety, may be bipolar.

She doesn't know where I sleep, never will, and she supposed to ask for a transfer far away from here so the saga may be coming to an end.

FreeMufasa

lol, she comes off way crazier than she really is. She's emotional but she would never physically do anything. She has real bad anxiety, may be bipolar.

She doesn't know where I sleep, never will, and she supposed to ask for a transfer far away from here so the saga may be coming to an end.

Is she white? Hmm I know a few of those type. I doubt she's asking for a transfer and just using it as an attention grab.

Is she white? Hmm I know a few of those type. I doubt she's asking for a transfer and just using it as an attention grab.

She isn't white.

Yea, that's what afraid of it being. Like "I won't be here long CHERISH OUR TIME" she has been saying it for a couple weeks now, but there may be someone else involved who may actually get it done.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Damn Moris.

I don't have ANY drama like that at work, thankfully. The only one who gave me some issues was our general manager, and he's in a different state now, so I'm straight.

OH!

Can I get a PM about the life and times of FreeMufasa? I've read that its quite... fascinating.

Crazy uses: You should eat your lunch at the benches where I eat lunch
Moris counters with: I can't make it there and back in time. I only take 30 min lunches due to my school schedule, it allows me to make it to class.
Crazy girl uses: an hour lunch won't kill you, perhaps on Fridays when you don't have class

aw lawd why did I ever mention my school schedule, aw jesus she remembered my school schedule

Slayven

Crazy uses: You should eat your lunch at the benches where I eat lunch
Moris counters with: I can't make it there and back in time. I only take 30 min lunches due to my school schedule, it allows me to make it to class.
Crazy girl uses: an hour lunch won't kill you, perhaps on Fridays when you don't have class

aw lawd why did I ever mention my school schedule, aw jesus she remembered my school schedule

She is sneaking into your house to watch you sleep.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Godspeed Moris.

HG96C.gif

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
She is sneaking into your house to watch you sleep.

You know that scene in Paranormal Activity where the half-possessed chick is standing over the dude in the bed for hours?

That's her, Moris. You're in trouble son. You're not going to be able to escape her.

FyreWulff

Some people love to pretend to be naive, it seems. A black guy says something like that, he's an "angry black man" and held up by the news. White dude nonchalantly says he'd bullrush the president, people go "heh you would do that, wouldn't you *insert chuckling*"

I've always grew up around minorities and had them as friends, especially my best friend who is black. It's been interesting to see how the dynamic shifts when I'm with him or how he gets treated vs how I get treated.

I had/ve black friends. My half-black/half-white friend unfortunately got even more shat on by people around here. Makes you disappointed in people :mad:

It's really not all that surprising. I run into minorities who deny discrimination or white privilege.

"Not everyone gets followed when they go to stores" made kids from my neighborhood go full Wee-BeyMindBlown.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think there are two factors at play that result in why people fail to acknowledge the existence of white privilege:

-Pure Ignorance / Denial: some people are just in a bubble or are sheltered and never really presented the opportunity or circumstance to even hear or discuss the term "white privilege". Others just don't want to even think about things like that and would rather willfully ignore it than try and confront the reality of inequality.

-Social Programming: Kojiima mentioned this in the Tagg thread, but there is obviously a narrative at play by certain social powers that wants to reinforce the idea that WP doesn't exist or equate it with racism as to deny the power white people receive from it so as to perpetuate its existence.

I have to admit for a long time I really hadn't thought about the extent of how my life or the situations I encounter during my life could be different if my skin wasn't white.

There was an amazing article I read about this for my English class in college but I can't remember the name of it at the moment. Basically a white woman academically goes through how deep the instances of white privilege pervade into every area of business, public and private life. It was very informative.

If I thought anything about it years ago it became cemented when I went to restaurants with my pal and the service to him was different than everyone else (white and asian) at the table. It surprised me that someone would be that fucking bold and obvious about it but that's just how some people roll I guess.

We left a penny in disgust for their tip.

DominoKid

i havent really read that thread yet, but i dont think it's conducive to intelligent dialogue to keep half of this discussion in here. go say that shit in the thread.

at least that's how black OT threads usually go.
i can kinda see why people disliked the community split for reasons beyond personal preference.

i havent really read that thread yet, but i dont think it's conducive to intelligent dialogue to keep half of this discussion in here. go say that shit in the thread.

at least that's how black OT threads usually go.
i can kinda see why people disliked the community split for reasons beyond personal preference.

Its being said in there. I like being hyperbolic and sarcastic about it here instead of there though.

I want to know what Black privilege would entail.

Certain word usage and various hair style supremacy. Cornrows and dreads. I got cornrows once for Halloween, the girls kept calling me tender headed and complaining about my hair moving too much.

After I took it out it seriously looked like a Christina Aguilera fro.

Insignificant crazy update:

She sent me an email about how she may need to reinvent herself this upcoming new year. "Be less nuerotic, be cooler and thinner. Any other suggestions?"

Nice try asshole.

Trap avoided.

Recon

Banned

She sent me an email about how she may need to reinvent herself this upcoming new year. "Be less nuerotic, be cooler and thinner. Any other suggestions?"

Nice try asshole.

Trap avoided.

"You look fine how you are":Sexual Harassment.

"Thats good, it is nice to improve and have goals": Sexual Harassment.

Acceptable answers: No comment. or not responding.

Slayven

Nice try asshole.

Trap avoided.
Why are you so inside this chick's? She sounds like a Gaf interaction thread. Except no 3ds involved.

I went the semi-corny route. She's a crazy person so there are things she does/doesn't do due to said craziness. For example, she will not eat left overs.

so I said "Maybe start by eating left overs." clocked out and I'll see how she took it tomorrow. And as I mentioned earlier I got wrangled/tricked into a lunch date, so I'll post anything noteworthy.

Top Bottom