• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

not really finding the humor there but alright.
jerseys, tall tees, baggy sweats. durags, etc. house clothes now, but it used to be so fresh.
i dont consider that stereotypical drug dealer stuff.
its just shit the average black person my age wore in high school.

Yeah they would be hard pressed to make a drug dealer outfit out of my closet lol. I guess I've always kept that shit straight Carlton as long as I can remember. I don't even own a jersey outside of the free one I got for winning a Madden Challenge .
This is the greatest halloween costume

LMAO!!!

skyBorn

Neo Member
what yall know about rocking them iversons with jean shorts, a baggy t-shirt and a reebok headband with a minifro?

2000 era popular shit was just...easily the worst sort of dress we've had as humans pretty much of any era. Popped collars, Christina Aguilera on her "wild girl" mode with the braids, barbie makeup and bandanas.

And fucking Ja Rule and Nelly.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Phat Farm. Avirex. Rockawear. Eckō. Akademiks. Enyce. Sean John. Southpole. Vokal. and the most evil of all - Fubu

Mr.Fresh

When we still wore baggy clothes I was in elementary school. I used to wear Pepe Jeans, Paco Jeans, Coogi, Rocawear, Computer Belts, long white tees, long black tees, bandanas , du rags, g unit, all that smh.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
When I was a teen I used to wear 'Eclipse' stuff. UK guys will know what I'm talking about. I also had a pair of Georgetown Hoyas jeans that were so baggy I could've hidden 6 turkeys down each leg. Not my finest fashion choices but better than the mid-90's when nobody bothered to tell me that white jeans were a no-no.

that sounds like jnco pants dudes used to wear over here. baggy for baggy sake.

Phat Farm. Avirex. Rockawear. Eckō. Akademiks. Enyce. Sean John. Southpole. Vokal. and the most evil of all - Fubu

i stuill have a fubu jacket. havent worn it in forever, but its still around. the moment i got my carhartt coat, that thing was dropped.

I still got this T-Mac jacket I bought a bunch of years ago. Luckily nobody actually recognizes the logo so they just think it looks cool. And it's best-feelin' jacket I've ever had, I hate to throw it out.

ReiGun

Man, I can't relate to any of this. Plain colored tees, polos, and jeans that fit were my life. I let my parents and sisters pick my clothes out till I was 16 cause I didn't give a shit.

Mr.Fresh

Lord have mercy Chick-fil-A lemonade is the sweetest goddamn thing since My Little Pony. NeoGaf would have a fit with this shit.

Lol sweeter then McDonalds ? Theirs is sweet to the point where it's nasty.

Edit: I said Popeyes in my head but I wrote McDonalds by accident .

Man, I can't relate to any of this. Plain colored tees, polos, and jeans that fit were my life. I let my parents and sisters pick my clothes out till I was 16 cause I didn't give a shit.

Yeah, I can't fuck with all this clothes talk. Makes me feel like I was missing out on some style.

Someone at my job got a wrong call today, they were looking for JEROME and was very persistent about it lol. Everyone looked at me crazy as I proceeded to laugh my ass off, there is only one TRUE Jerome. Too bad they had no idea who I was talking about LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqxgOXrorzE

"If you need somebody to talk to CALL ME. Satisfaction Guaranteed. CALL ME."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Still rockin my Starter Hurricanes jacket.

i passed my starter patriots jacket onto my little cousin back in the day. i kinda wonder what happened to it.

Someone at my job got a wrong call today, they were looking for JEROME and was very persistent about it lol. Everyone looked at me crazy as I proceeded to laugh my ass off, there is only one TRUE Jerome. Too bad they had no idea who I was talking about LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqxgOXrorzE

"If you need somebody to talk to CALL ME. Satisfaction Guaranteed. CALL ME."

i dont know why, but this clip reminded me that martin ruined k-ci and jojo for me.

I just got hit with that lifestoryineverwantedtohear last night. Ugh...

do go on, dy

Imm0rt4l

Why is Jamie Foxx so disliked on gaf? Not that I really care for the idea of him in the next spider-man movie, but any time he gets casted in a movie people start bitching and moaning.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Why isn't Janelle Monae a bigger deal? I only discovered her this year. She deserves way more popularity.

DominoKid

Why isn't Janelle Monae a bigger deal? I only discovered her this year. She deserves way more popularity.

been listening to her for a while and she's really not all that.

she's got a lot of ideas. and it shows on her album.
unfortunately only about 30% are actually worth exploring.

she needs a good, stern producer to whip her ass into shape.

beyond that her image/persona pretty much blows as far as helping her become more popular.

Top Bottom