• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I had some honey bbq chicken strips at KFC 2 days ago. Get at me.

image.php

iY25pZ5pv1jEh.gif

i saw one of those dudes the other day. he was trying to be all incognegro and shit.

the fuck you talking about?

Finally, Tracy has somehow become entangled in a character assassination plot. When Frank Rossitano (Judah Friedlander) tells Tracy that he read in a magazine that Bill Cosby hates him, Tracy realizes that The Black Crusaders, a cabal of powerful black Americans (a reference to the 2006 conspiracy theory hoax regarding a similar group called the Dark Crusaders driving Dave Chappelle off of his Comedy Central show)[1], are out to destroy his career. The Black Crusaders have managed to put a stop to all productions featuring Tracy. Fearing for his life, Tracy goes on the run to Cleveland and, from there, into Needmore, Pennsylvania.

Its a fictional group from the show "30 Rock" made up of Oprah, Bill Cosby, and other prominent black people.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the fuck you talking about?

Its a fictional group from the show "30 Rock" made up of Oprah, Bill Cosby, and other prominent black people.

I was making a reference to the show. In the episode, they were hiding behing corners talking into the mics in their cuffs. Trying to be stealthy, but failing epically.

LowerLevel

Is that a headcrab from HL2 in the back of that plate?

Holy crap, I'm dying here! You guys are something else. As much crap that is spewed about the Boston area, one of the only TRUE drawbacks up here is KFC is pretty much the only game in town for fast chicken. There are some smaller Popeye's and such in small outlets like a mall and food court near the hospital area. But no stand alone ones. I did hear one (Popeye's) was on Amer. Legion HWY but I haven't seen it. It's truly bad enough you can only get spicy chicken from KFC's in the hood. ALL others, and I mean ALL, do NOT serve spicy. Wife really thinks our melanin deficient brethren don't like spicy...

Im 'bout to get faded up by a woman who has no experience with black hair. Im in a pretty remote area at the moment, my usual go to spots arent accessible and I dont want my hair long. So Im taking what's available.
I wont lie,I'm nervous.

don't do it.

Yeah man.

I got a blind haircut (I recently moved to a new city) and ugh...you don't realize how valuable your barber is (I've been going to mine for 15+ years, since I was a puppy).

It didn't fuck my head up to the point where I needed to wear a hat or anything but it wasn't right...I'm still looking for a place to get a quality cut.

I'm in Seattle now, if any of you live there or have some personal suggestions.

HomShaBom

Banned
I think it's more like every couple weeks.

Between that and the fact that I don't know how to swim, I'm a stereotype
KuGsj.gif
I can't swim either. I get clowned on regularly in the Army, but fuck it, I ain't swimmin. We do water survival training shit every now and then, even the power of uncle sam can't make me do that shit, I chill in the shallow end hanging on the wall. My first time ever being in water like that period, was in the army, I freaked the fuck out. I'm cool living my life never doing that shit.

I admit I don't enjoy swimming very much but it is such a valuable skill to have that could easily save your life or the life of a loved one.

Obligatory:

Popeyes>KFC

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Swimming is good exercise! I might actually use the pool this summer.

Fuck the ocean tho. I'm not about that aquaman life.

Onemic

Love swimming. If you live in an area that's usually always warm/hot year round and you don't know how to swin, I feel sorry for you brahs. So damn refreshing.

IceCold

I can't think of many feels in the world that are better than when you feel hot and sweaty at the beach and then you just run towards the ocean and go for a dive in the cold ocean. Feels good man.

ReiGun

I've only ever attempted learning to swim in high school when we were required to. Just as I was starting to make progress, we had to close the pool up cause some kid had an accident and they needed to clean the pool. So gym turned into us playing basketball instead.

Lessons I took from gym: I can't swim or play ball. lol

I can't play ball either, although one of my finest moments in high school was during PE. Me and my friends were all together in a basketball team during that unit of PE, and I got a hookshot right over the head of one of the school's best ball players. He watched the ball sink right in, turned and looked at me, then walked away and went to another court in the same gym.

We never won a single game, but I was so hyped that I didn't give a shit. I felt like MJ that day.

I can swim pretty well. I am a pretty good ball player too I would be better if I was taller than 5' 5" though. Just wanted to let everyone know that KKK rally got canceled anyway.

Men in Black 3 isn't doing "as well as expected".

Is this the end for blacks in movies?

Damn, so sick of this white washed shit coming out, and now even Will is "under-performing".

Can't wait to see the Ryan Reynolds and Taylor Kitsch allowed 5 more bombs.

zero_suit

Damn, so sick of this white washed shit coming out, and now even Will is "under-performing".

Hyperbole aside, no. Think Like A Man did extremely well, and MIB3 will do well WW.

Slayven

Hell no, I think you will see more black headlined movies. They will be smaller and cheaper, primed to take that niche.

G-Fex

Not anymore.

I haven't eaten Popeyes in a while except for the fact that their damn combos skimp out on fries and shrimp/catfish/whatever. I usually ate the seafood portion from there whenever I went. I need to go order like a bucket of spicy chicken and that delicious mash potatoes and gravy.

Popeyes Biscuits > KFC's.

Onemic

Not anymore.

I haven't eaten Popeyes in a while except for the fact that their damn combos skimp out on fries and shrimp/catfish/whatever. I usually ate the seafood portion from there whenever I went. I need to go order like a bucket of spicy chicken and that delicious mash potatoes and gravy.

Popeyes Biscuits > KFC's.

Common knowledge.

KFC is a pile of turds wrapped in a fast food package. Not to say that any fast food fried chicken joint is that great anyway.

Top Bottom