• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Never been to 5 Guys but there is one at a mall near my Ma's house that I've passed a few times.

But the question is: is it better than Jack in the Box?

Never been to 5 Guys but there is one at a mall near my Ma's house that I've passed a few times.

But the question is: is it better than Jack in the Box?

no doubt.

but be careful of the high calorie count. Bacon cheese burger = ~2,200 calories, iirc.

oh and co-signing the "we free, fam." We free.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Now I gotta check it out. Will post back and see if it lives up to the hype. Calorie count sounds like I should grab some lunch there on Monday then I don't have to eat for the rest of the week.

Now I gotta check it out. Will post back and see if it lives up to the hype. Calorie count sounds like I should grab some lunch there on Monday then I don't have to eat for the rest of the week.

I just looked again to confirm: it's about ~2,000 calories for a double-stack. about 1,300 calories for a regular bacon cheeseburger with normal toppings. plus another ~600 calories for regular fries. plus however much for your drink.

holy shit, large fries = ~1,500 calories all by itself!

For comparison, a Mickey D's Cheddar-Onion-Bacon Angus 1/3 poudner is 790 calories and a regular fry is 380 calories. Obama's America indeed.

Y'all do know we free now, right?

Thing is, nasty shit is too deep in the culture at this point.

My mom told me this story about my dad 'surprising' her with a quick trip to Tijuana.

They went to some sketchy taco stand, not America sketchy, Mexico sketchy. When my dad translated the menu for her it was all cow tongue, pig intestines, cow brain and other 'times is hard' animal pieces. My mom went hungry and my dad chowed the fuck down.

The trip got cut short after seeing some the local sights my mom started crying.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's Five Guys because you're eating for 5 men right?

Fuck it I'm going to get a regular bacon cheese burger and a regular fries just for the experience. That's about 2k. Maybe 3 days taken off my lifespan. But I'm gonna do it anyway.

For science. Burger science.

that's usually how I feel, especially because I don't like lettuce/tomato/onion all that extra shit they put on the burger. Yeah, I can tell them NOT to put it on the burger, but they still charge me just the same, ya know?

At five guys you can replace it with black olives or grilled onions and A1 sauce though!

Thing is, nasty shit is too deep in the culture at this point.

My mom told me this story about my dad 'surprising' her with a quick trip to Tijuana.

They went to some sketchy taco stand, not America sketchy, Mexico sketchy. When my dad translated the menu for her it was all cow tongue, pig intestines, cow brain and other 'times is hard' animal pieces. My mom went hungry and my dad chowed the fuck down.

The trip got cut short after seeing some the local sights my mom started crying.

Your moms did the right thing. I would've just ordered 50 taco shells and some salsa.

Perhaps but chocolate chip is still superior.

It really depends on who makes them though. Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies are god tier and the soft Quaker raisin cookies are also up there. For me though, soft cookies are usually better than hard. Snicker Doodle cookies trump everything.

The hell ever happened to ginger snaps?

otisspunk.jpg

Dat Otis

accept no subsitutes

Onemic

Anything with raisins in them = gross for me.

Raisin oatmeal cookies are like the equivalent of brusselsprouts, I'll never enjoy eating them.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Right up there with serving poor unsuspecting kids raisin cookies when they think they bout to buy into chocolate chip.

One of the worst surprises :(

Anything with raisins in them = gross for me.

Raisin oatmeal cookies are like the equivalent of brusselsprouts, I'll never enjoy eating them.

respect on the raisins hate. fuck em. but i love grapes. its odd

as for brussel sprouts, i cant agree. cook them up with some shallots and bacon, and they are damn good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Raisin Cookies > Peanut Butter Cookies > White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies >
SnickerDoodles = Chocolate Chip

Chocolate chip are middle tier ass cookies next to everything, except snickerdoodles.

Top Bottom