• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Kreed

Its kind of weird how it shifted from what it was to what it is currently. You would have assumed an increase in shows, not a decline.

You were on the right track though with your last post when you mentioned The WB and UPN. Those two networks along with Fox brought in the majority of those black sitcoms. But as those three networks gained in popularity they made a demographics shift, dumping most of their "urban" programming (which was used to gain a foothold in the market) for more "mainstream" television.

You were on the right track though with your last post when you mentioned The WB and UPN. Those two networks along with Fox brought in the majority of those black sitcoms. But as those three networks gained in popularity they made a demographics shift, dumping most of their "urban" programming (which was used to gain a foothold in the market) for more "mainstream" television.

Yep.

Does UPN still exist? i don't get that channel anymore. hell, I rarely got it back in the day. I had to go to a friend of mine's house every Thursday night to watch Smackdown back in '03 LOL

Kimaka

Does UPN still exist? i don't get that channel anymore. hell, I rarely got it back in the day. I had to go to a friend of mine's house every Thursday night to watch Smackdown back in '03 LOL

They turned into CW. Soon after, they got rid of all their black shows except for Girlfriends. And that didn't last long either after the merger. :/

DominoKid

They turned into CW. Soon after, they got rid of all their black shows except for Girlfriends. And that didn't last long either after the merger. :/

the cw now is like a weird mix of abc family and usa. i love watching it though. the shows are mostly dumb as hell (save Nikita, Arrow and a few others) but they always keep bad chicks on that channel.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

this is a trend in entertainment/media unfortunately.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
UPN...

The day I saw Homeboys from Outer Space was the first and last time I watched UPN on purpose.
UPN was basically for Star Trek.

Which meant that even its flagship show wasn't that good all the time.

Fuck Voyager, but I like Enterprise

And now I'm remembering random UPN shows.

Like Nowhere Man.

And Seven Days.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
fuckinglol.png

Yeah, democrats better give us the credit we deserve! Wash Post never change.

Dude gets into "black people weren't the only slaves!" and "black people enslaved black people too!" stuff, it's like all the crazy stupid things you've ever heard in one video being spewed by one crazy man.

Welp he just got into media not mentioning pedophile priests were actually homosexuals because gays are protected by the media elite...

Most of the media is run by atheist liars...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The majority of known pedophiles are heterosexual white men over the age of 30.

DAMN LIBERAL MEDIA BIAS FOR FACTS

A.E Suggs

Couldn't miss dat Smackdown Six

Plus RAW 2003 was HHH all-day, every-day. While Kurt Angle and Benoit were putting clinics with Edge and Eddie Guerrero, HHH was humping dead bodies in a Kane feud.

Yep the fucker wouldn't let anybody else get over, almost went through a year until of cleaning clocks. Raw did have me with goldberg when he came and I always loved booker T, but yeah SD had all the stars.....and hogan if you wanna count him.

About 13 of us always gathered at a friends house because he was the only one with the channel. I believe the same happened with cartoon network as well when only the cable dish providers around most of the areas were the only ones to offer it.

Top Bottom