• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Did a search, don't believe this has been posted on gaf yet, I just saw it myself.

New Photos Of Zoe Saldana In Full Nina Simone Regalia Surface; Convinced?

yTfoH.jpg

uKwCS.jpg

wkApB.jpg

TwxAs.jpg

1TnSu.jpg

Clearly in dark make-up (Blackface?) Looks like they also gave her a nose prosthetic. Not even really necessary, Saldana doesn't have a "traditional European nose" really...is this a fucking joke?

All of this, instead of just casting someone that actually looked more similar to the real Nina. I understand that plenty of roles require people to change their appearance in tons of different ways...but this whole thing just feels like they're taking the piss, especially considering that she just should not have been cast in this role.

And of course, when it bombs, our community will have to hear shit about "See, we made a movie for you guys but you didn't support it!"

I didn't ax for this.

Our marginalization in the media and society at large feels like an all time high (Yes, even with Obama). Mid-budget movies in general are dying. Disney doesn't fuck with us. No presence in the indie scene. Other groups have that "token diversity spot" now. I feel like things are just getting worse and worse. It's fucking over. Please support Flight guys.

Never! Must get good....Must not be free...

I'll put down the controller if you put down the sugary grits, chitlins, pigs feet, and chicked gizzards

I don't eat the gizzards or pigs feet
The Chitlins... yeah I can do that

But you'll never take... MY SUGARY GRIT-- wait hold up you don't even eat grits

hPPf3.jpg

akira28

Korean BBQ, open till 2am. Chitlins next to the bulgogi beef. Looked nothing like chitlins. Almost got got. Didn't know the Koreans got down like that, and nobody warned me. I heard they do fried chicken right, too.

Korean BBQ, open till 2am. Chitlins next to the bulgogi beef. Looked nothing like chitlins. Almost got got. Didn't know the Koreans got down like that, and nobody warned me. I heard they do fried chicken right, too.

I've heard Korean double fried chicken is crazy good.

Need to add it to my list.

In the show or real life? lol In the show I think he had a gambling problem.

In real life. Pretty sure he was in trouble with the law for coke or maybe even crack.
Wikipedia said:
Dourdan was arrested on April 28, 2008 in Palm Springs after a Palm Springs Police Department officer located "suspected cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, miscellaneous prescription drugs and paraphernalia" in his possession. He was subsequently booked at the Palm Springs jail on charges of possession of narcotics and possession of dangerous drugs. [9]

On June 13, 2011, Dourdan was arrested after he crashed his vehicle into two parked cars. He was charged with drug possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. [10] The drug possession charge was dropped two months later. [11]

On November 6, 2011, Dourdan was arrested at his home in Venice, CA, following an alleged altercation with his former girlfriend, Nicole Vail Cannizzaro. Her nose was broken during the argument. He was charged with felony battery.

Yea, dude's fucking up.

Slayven

Petraeus is having an affair with his biographer.

an FBI agent has the hots for the biographer, is sending her shirtless photos of himself and somehow catches wind of the affair, who knows how.

He starts spreading rumors around the office to get at petraeus and snatch the girl away.
He beleives that he can politically hurt Obama by outing his CIA director as an adulterer and also further his chances with the biographer, since she's a republican like him and would be impressed by the FBI agent's success in derailing his re-eleciton/credibility (I have no idea). So, he raises the issue to ethics, who start an investigation.

The ethics team takes him off the investigation when they notice how obsessive he was getting and discover he was trying to get into the biographer's pants.

He then tips off Eric Cantor and other GOP leadership in congress so they can bring the matter public and do their little obama witch hunt.

Also, the investigation has discovered that hte biographer was ALSO having inappropriate relations with a general, in addition to CIA director Petraeus.

so you have the stalker FBI agent with the hots for the biographer who is banging the CIA director and a general. The stalker FBI agenet thinks bringing this information to the surface will hurt Obama so he does, and he also collaberates with the house majority whip on it.

It's Burn After Reading, except in real life

Thirsty dudes just love bringing folks down.

Kreed

Clearly in dark make-up (Blackface?) Looks like they also gave her a nose prosthetic. Not even really necessary, Saldana doesn't have a "traditional European nose" really...is this a fucking joke?

All of this, instead of just casting someone that actually looked more similar to the real Nina. I understand that plenty of roles require people to change their appearance in tons of different ways...but this whole thing just feels like they're taking the piss, especially considering that she just should not have been cast in this role.

And of course, when it bombs, our community will have to hear shit about "See, we made a movie for you guys but you didn't support it!"

I didn't ax for this.

Our marginalization in the media and society at large feels like an all time high (Yes, even with Obama). Mid-budget movies in general are dying. Disney doesn't fuck with us. No presence in the indie scene. Other groups have that "token diversity spot" now. I feel like things are just getting worse and worse. It's fucking over. Please support Flight guys.

First time I have ever been put off by seeing a black person wearing *insert ethnicity*face make up (And ironically I saw Cloud Atlas this weekend).

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
She hasn't been in my face for like two and a half weeks! She is either collpasing interenally or over our friendship. Those are the only explainations, right? RIGHT?!

or shes like a tsunami. pulling out making you think everything is ok, then hitting you with crazy the likes youve never seen.

or shes like a tsunami. pulling out making you think everything is ok, then hitting you with crazy the likes youve never seen.

She has been lying to her husband about her anxiety/stress, tells him she's happy at work now. The people she has worked with for years are all getting let go this friday. I am potentially going to be here the following week, depending on a job proposal from the higher ups...the storm's brewing, it's coming.

What's the work equivalent of sleeping with a screw driver under the pillow?

That lady driver used that Coretta Scott King strenght on old girl. Once she looked into the maelstrom she knew she lost like Nas.

If I ever ride a bus again, I'm bringing nunchucks, a pocket full of sand and a cyanide pill just in case, I don't want to end up in the public transit ass whooping hall of fame.

akira28

black bronies: do they exist? someone needs to take a bullet for diversity.

yo. black brony reporting for non-duty because I won't be doing shit.

edit:

I don't collect anything, don't own any shirts. I watch the show on youtube. And the adult humor oriented parody stuff on youtube and all over. I like it, it's whatever.

I also claim no allegiance with the people in that video. Any of them.

Infinite

Did a search, don't believe this has been posted on gaf yet, I just saw it myself.

New Photos Of Zoe Saldana In Full Nina Simone Regalia Surface; Convinced?

yTfoH.jpg

uKwCS.jpg

wkApB.jpg

TwxAs.jpg

1TnSu.jpg

I didn't ax for this.

Fucking laughable. Why couldn't they simply cast someone who actually looks like her? I also hear that the films producers is not cooperating with Simone's family at all.

In real life. Pretty sure he was in trouble with the law for coke or maybe even crack.

Yea, dude's fucking up.

damn. :-(

nothing breaks a bank like drugs (and extended family).

Fucking laughable. Why couldn't they simply cast someone who actually looks like her? I also hear that the films producers is not cooperating with Simone's family at all.

brah, this is business. name another black female actress that looks any more like her that will move box office tickets. Your only other option at this point in time is...Halle Berry. Angela Basett ain't moving tickets. Gugu ain't moving tickets. Gabrielle Union ain't moving tickets. Hollywood money sure as hell isn't going to cast the dice on an unknown.

It's all about the benji's and franklins.

Top Bottom