• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

Battlestar Gallactica was always better than Lost. Can't even believe it was a debate - even if you had disagreements with BSG's direction in some of the later seasons, it still had more of a heading than Lost ever did. And it had much better acting across the board.
Couldn't fuck with BSG after the rape ship.

ReiGun

Rudy>>>>>>>Nathan. The actor who plays Rudy has much better comic timing than the other dude. There isn't one episode that doesn't provide at least one potent quotable from Rudy. Be warned though, they're aren't afraid to kill characters off. :(

Man, I guess I can give it another shot.

That gif. Lawd.

So my mom mailed the state about divulging some non-identifying info on her birth parents. Turns out her side is Italian/Scottish and she has half-siblings running around.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So my mom mailed the state about divulging some non-identifying info on her birth parents. Turns out her side is Italian/Scottish and she has half-siblings running around.

be sure to blame me

thats what we do in this thread

Inuyasha was obviously some bullshit. But I feel that way about most every anime and I mean almost all ever.

Cowboy Bebop is all I need. Samurai Champloo to a much lesser extent. Everything else can go jump in a river.

ReiGun

Inuyasha was a pretty cool main character. His only downfall was simping for Kikyo.

I couldn't stand Miroku. Dude was a try hard, and the Wind Tunnel was worthless 80-90% of the time.

Kreed

Watch it again. Crazed black dude threatens to rape the helpless white woman. Again, maybe he's just a psychotic character who happens to be black but it just didn't sit well with me when I first saw it.

Chiwetel Ejiofor should have been an major action star by now.

Battlestar Gallactica was always better than Lost. Can't even believe it was a debate - even if you had disagreements with BSG's direction in some of the later seasons, it still had more of a heading than Lost ever did. And it had much better acting across the board.

I've never seen this show either but I keep hearing people say this so I'll give it a shot now that I'm done with Lost.

You want to know what really weirds me out? The last episode of Firefly. Sometimes I think I'm being paranoid, other times I feel the whole episode evokes the black brute trope. I hope I'm just looking too much into it.

I never got the impression he would actually do it. He seemed to find a way to find everyone's personal button to push to get them to cooperate.

Chiwetel Ejiofor should have been an major action star by now.

Absolutely......but he wasn't in that episode he was in the movie. Watching Firefly made me question why all the badass opretives were black dudes (Shepard, Jubal Early, the Opretive). I started thinking when they left earth all the black athletes went and formed their own planet then by some misfortune ended up being indebted to the alliance. But then I stopped thinking about it because I realized I was making a fanfic ewwww.

That bad huh?

I knew I think I made the right decision to not pick up Halo 4 or BLOPS 2

*hugs vita and original x-box*

I go for days without playing it. Pick it back up tonight. First game in I'm against 70s (i'm like 30), they specializations although I'm not sure what those do but let's just assume even more time spent in game, and the whole game is basically them with camo, squatting somewhere, as well as snipes + some other power weapon. So really there was no point in playing what so ever.

G-Fex

I go for days without playing it. Pick it back up tonight. First game in I'm against 70s (i'm like 30), they specializations although I'm not sure what those do but let's just assume even more time spent in game, and the whole game is basically them with camo, squatting somewhere, as well as snipes + some other power weapon. So really there was no point in playing what so ever.

Yup that sounds like bullshit.

I'm sure there has to be a option to play with people in your rank number no?

Shit if not for Devo you would think the NFL was 80% white from reading that thread lol.

Watch it again. Crazed black dude threatens to rape the helpless white woman. Again, maybe he's just a psychotic character who happens to be black but it just didn't sit well with me when I first saw it.

I actually enjoyed his character. He was crazy but intelligent.

Top Bottom