• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

TDKR was good, but I'd probably put it at the bottom of the batman trilogy. It had so much potential to easily be the best of the three, but fell flat on its face in a few key areas.(im looking at you Bane the henchman)

I liked it and still do, but Catwoman kill-stealing was unacceptable.

Hiding Hardy's best asset(his mouth) was a dumbass idea. Being unintelligible half the time didn't help either. What was he saying during that opening set piece?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Who sincerely gives a damn what hudlin has to say on the matter?

I saw his name and groaned. Dude has talent but will attach his name to just about anything.

Did anyone see Harry Lennix's (Hollywood Obama) comments on Lee Daniel's upcoming film, Butler? Dude went HAM: http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...-on-lee-daniels-the-butler-and-it-aint-pretty

I respect that. More artist need to take a stand against exploitive projects. Also the but what reallt sucks is that these films are all goibg to be rewarded with critical praise cause the critics love watching the "driving miss daisy" trope

Artemisia

Banned
last time i was here I got dragged for shading lamerie

I believe the exact words were "What the fuck? Get the hell outta here with this bullshit."

she is so meh idk what you see in her

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
last time i was here I got dragged for shading lamerie

I believe the exact words were "What the fuck? Get the hell outta here with this bullshit."

she is so meh idk what you see in her

im pretty sure those were my exact words to that nonsense. i wont stand for casting shade on her.. no matter what shes done to herself lately.

thirstygaf

rep

The thirst begins

I don't believe that. You guys are lying........

Real Pic January First Post said:
While I'm not going to say love can't bloom on a message board, think carefully before you decide to contact someone. Your advances might be unwelcome! If you have never really talked to someone and are only messaging them because you think they're hot, definitely do not contact them. It will not end well. We have had some problems with people doing this in the past, and we'd like to nip this in the bud before it starts. If someone has contacted you and won't let up, please please inform a mod about it! We can't let this kind of thing go unchecked.

Dammit Black Gaf......

Why you so real?

You're delusional (not you specifically, in general) if you think Hollywood would have given the go ahead for a black director to make a big budget movie in the vein of Django Unchained. It's simply not happening. There aren't any black directors who are basically gifted what amounts to a blank check like Tarantino and Nolan are.

Outside of the fact that he has a great working relation with the Weinsteins, and has been a decent source of revenue over his career for them, the only reason QT was given the funding for Django Unchained is A) He's Quentin Tarantino and B) There was a major white character for white audiences to relate too.

You're right, though I appreciate that Tarantino made a film on this subject matter.

If a black director headed a movie like this, it'd be almost like a modern "The Spook Who Sat by the Door" and they would be hounded at every step, more so than Tarantino was. They'd probably be accused of pulling the race card or some shit.

akira28

If a black director headed a movie like this, it'd be almost like a modern "The Spook Who Sat by the Door" and they would be hounded at every step, more so than Tarantino was. They'd probably be accused of pulling the race card or some shit.

Spike is a living race card. People wonder why he's so bitter, but he's not wrong. People just think he's in the wrong for not 'lightening up'.

Top Bottom