• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

G-Fex

Ditto, especially after the confession thread where some anonymous gaffer revealed that they kept pictures of other members in a folder on their computer..

I remember that crap. See some of my good friends in their folder too.

What a freak whoever that is.

I thought the mods or whatever said we can't call them thirsty anymore cause the posters who heard us calling them that got all salty and shit?

They're very thirsty though.

hypernima

Banned
I remember that crap. See some of my good friends in their folder too.

What a freak whoever that is.

I thought the mods or whatever said we can't call them thirsty anymore cause the posters who heard us calling them that got all salty and shit?

They're very thirsty though.

I'd be a sad man for real if thirsty is a banned word.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It wasn't Sentry either. Sentry compiled pics (on his own... which still kinda pissed me off) to make that big collage either everyone's avatar.

The confession thread needed to stop because ronito wasn't just posting the confessions, but he was egging on the fucked up shit in this weird ass perez hilton type deal.

Also, the meetups created a lot of drama... a lot.

Thirsty isn't banned either. At least I haven't heard as much. The problem was that people never called out bullshit when they first smelled it and it led to a lot of other crap, overreactions, and festering issues. They talk about PMs being bad, yeah, true, but what was even worse was the fact that some guys "hung around" for over a year just to stack kindness coins.

G-Fex

I'd be a sad man for real if thirsty is a banned word.

I wonder if they happen to be thirsty cause of all the salt they leak out once other gaffers call them out on their shit. hahaha puns.

It wasn't Sentry either. Sentry compiled pics (on his own... which still kinda pissed me off) to make that big collage either everyone's avatar.

The confession thread needed to stop because ronito wasn't just posting the confessions, but he was egging on the fucked up shit in this weird ass perez hilton type deal.

fucking sentry, I can't believe he actually put my intentionally blurred out pic into the collage.

Still pisses me off to no bounds.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Thirsty isn't banned either. At least I haven't heard as much. The problem was that people never called out bullshit when they first smelled it and it led to a lot of other crap, overreactions, and festering issues.

Drama other than the Jamesin818 stuff?

Imm0rt4l

That was just the start of it.

I ran the realpic IRC room along with devo. I seen some shit.

Is that the chat you said you would up in the OP? I'm actually more curious to take part, even if just to watch. On that subject, is there any preliminary discussion on the podcast? I think it could be good....that is if it doesn't devolve into the tired ass kfc vs popeyes shit, in which case I wouldn't care to take part.

DY_nasty

I'm really glad I'm unaware of such drama. It could really make you see people in a different light....
Absolutely.

Its also a drain when you let people know from the start "Hey, this guy is a legit weirdo... we've dealt with him in our community before. Just saying, you might want to be aware" and they ignore it - then proceed to be all "OMG THAT DUDE IS WEIRD" later on.

Not talking about James either. And I'm never going to speak on his particular situation because of the drama I was put in the middle of regarding the whole thing. But another couple of guys. The problem was that they were really being arrogant about the meetup thing as if they were the only community to ever do it.

Is that the chat you said you would up in the OP? I'm actually more curious to take part, even if just to watch. On that subject, is there any preliminary discussion on the podcast? I think it could be good....that is if it doesn't devolve into the tired ass kfc vs popeyes shit, in which case I wouldn't care to take part.

No, realpic was the IRC room of the first RPJ which he ended up shutting down because he couldn't stand most people there.

Then he made #keepinitreal.

DY_nasty

I'm going to pick up a mic next week and I'm waiting on others to get people, participants, etc. I'm not going to run the entire first podcast on chicken or women. I know this is a hangout, but I also know that's because of general bullshit from the average race threads here on GAF. Blackace brought it up before, but this thread needs to be more than a black boys club at least some of the time.

I only run 2 rooms now. NBAGAF, this one, and I gave up the realpic room after they truly pissed me off.

As we don't have anyone with real experience with podcasts, its going to be a few more weeks from what I'm guessing. I'll put the information for the chat as well as the list for contributors to the podcast up in the OP before the end of the day.

FyreWulff

It's probably going to end up with the same fate the Rock Band thread did when it just became a generic drama-fuel chat thread.

Man I used to be all about IRC then a channel I ran eventually died, registered in 2000 and finally lapsed in 2011. Everybody left in the last few months, then I forgot to sign on within two weeks and it just deleted my username and channel registration. It's like damn, broke the streak, might as well just go back to AIM as the primary method of talking to people

I also had like 3 IRC bots I programmed, good times

I'm going to pick up a mic next week and I'm waiting on others to get people, participants, etc. I'm not going to run the entire first podcast on chicken or women. I know this is a hangout, but I also know that's because of general bullshit from the average race threads here on GAF. Blackace brought it up before, but this thread needs to be more than a black boys club at least some of the time.

I only run 2 rooms now. NBAGAF, this one, and I gave up the realpic room after they truly pissed me off.

As we don't have anyone with real experience with podcasts, its going to be a few more weeks from what I'm guessing. I'll put the information for the chat as well as the list for contributors to the podcast up in the OP before the end of the day.

but what else is there

I think it'd be best to make it a discussion about current events and entertainment. Just a shoot the shit type thing, trying to re-create the thread in podcast form could be really embarrassing or unappealing to listen to.

DY_nasty

I think it'd be best to make it a discussion about current events and entertainment. Just a shoot the shit type thing, trying to re-create the thread in podcast form could be really embarrassing or unappealing to listen to.

Yeah.

So if it gets to chicken and women, okay. But that's not a goal.

G-Fex

pretty much, whatever we feel like talking about that comes up. Like in my stream when people showed up the first few times I talked about whatever they brought up. Was neato

Absolutely.

Its also a drain when you let people know from the start "Hey, this guy is a legit weirdo... we've dealt with him in our community before. Just saying, you might want to be aware" and they ignore it - then proceed to be all "OMG THAT DUDE IS WEIRD" later on.

Not talking about James either. And I'm never going to speak on his particular situation because of the drama I was put in the middle of regarding the whole thing. But another couple of guys. The problem was that they were really being arrogant about the meetup thing as if they were the only community to ever do it.

Boy was that annoying.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
pretty much, whatever we feel like talking about that comes up. Like in my stream when people showed up the first few times I talked about whatever they brought up. Was neato

Yeah, thank god the chat logs weren't saved though.

Yeah, RealPic had some highs and lows. And that one confession was pretty creepy, but I always figured if someone was fapping to my pic, then it'd be kinda flattering.

The only experience I've had with podcasts is being interviewed for one. I know it's not much, but it's something. That being said, my offer still stands to be a replacement for any BlackGAF member who can't make it into the initial recording.

Top Bottom