• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Damn this page is making me sad. Weirdos keeping pics? Meetup and IRC drama? Sugar on grits?

Dat dark side of GAF.

And fuck it, my pic stays. If someone likes it enough to keep it, I'll PM them a few more.

Salt on a watermelon! What?!
1290603068_crazy-brazilian-murderer-interview.gif

PlayDat

I know there're some big Black Panther fans in this thread and I was wondering where I should start with him. I don't plan on keeping current so a self-contained story would be nice. Also I'm not usually a comic book person so I don't even know where the best place to buy them would be. There aren't any stores near me, but I do have an iPad and would consider reading them on there. Any app recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

harSon

Banned
Being lactose tolerant for 21 years of your life, and then becoming lactose intolerant out of nowhere is the worst shit ever. It's been getting worst with each passing year too.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't eat watermelon. I don't even like watermelon jolly ranchers.
Being lactose tolerant for 21 years of your life, and then becoming lactose intolerant out of nowhere is the worst shit ever. It's been getting worst with each passing year too.
It was the exact opposite for me. I got lactose tolerance when I was 16 or so. #winning

G-Fex

well a doctor diagnosed me as lactose intolerant and it made sense since I would get sick from eating ice cream and whatever else like milk.

So when I started working way way in early 2000's I took lactaid pills for every single thing I ate in fear of getting sick (it hurts when it happens)

For a while I just got sick of doing it about a year and a half ago and well I"m okay now. So I got to eat candy and ice cream that I didn't really do that much over the years.

harSon

Banned

It was the exact opposite for me. I got lactose tolerance when I was 16 or so. #winning

Shit's not fair.

I was lactose intolerant as an infant and had to have formula instead of milk, so the writing was on the wall even though I grew out of it.

My favorite thing in life are Banana Milkshakes, and not only did I become lactose intolerant, but I developed a banana allergy that has the same effect as milk on me. I'm basically double fucked on that front.

Shit's not fair.

I was lactose intolerant as an infant and had to have formula instead of milk, so the writing was on the wall even though I grew out of it.

My favorite thing in life are Banana Milkshakes, and not only did I become lactose intolerant, but I developed a banana allergy that has the same effect as milk on me. I'm basically double fucked on that front.

Formula instead of breast milk? You were allergic to breast milk? Damn.

Imm0rt4l

I don't eat watermelon. Watermelon flavor jolly ranchers are the best, same with air heads and green now and laters.

HomShaBom

Banned
Thats how I always do it. The few times I ever eat watermelon.

On another note, Golden Corral is so unsettling. I always have an internal crisis when I eat here. The human feeding trough.
Fuck buffets. Always some motherfuckers who let their little bad ass kids mess with food.

Fantomex

Idk what's going on in this pic, but I like it.

It's basically what all Latin America does to either fruit or vegetables. Salt, Lime and Chili Powder. It's pretty healthy and you get a sweet and sour type vibe with a little kick. I'ts especially delicious when done to Mango.

Mango%20con%20chile.jpg

It's basically what all Latin America does to either fruit or vegetables. Salt, Lime and Chili Powder. It's pretty healthy and you get a sweet and sour type vibe with a little kick. I'ts especially delicious when done to Mango.

Mango%20con%20chile.jpg
Interesting, I had no idea. I have to try this.

ReiGun

I know there're some big Black Panther fans in this thread and I was wondering where I should start with him. I don't plan on keeping current so a self-contained story would be nice. Also I'm not usually a comic book person so I don't even know where the best place to buy them would be. There aren't any stores near me, but I do have an iPad and would consider reading them on there. Any app recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Black Panther: Secret Invasion (aka "See Wakanda and Die") is a good self contained story that doesn't require too much knowledge of the character. "The Client" and "Enemy of the State" from Christopher Priest's run (widely regarded as the best run on the character) are also good. There is also Essential Black Panther if you want the earliest stories.

As for how to read, most of this can be found on Marvel's Digital Comics Unlimited service, which is like 10 bucks a month.

Top Bottom