• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon's story was stuck in molasses.

Stop getting distracted Ash! You got shit to do. You'll never be a pokemon master at this rate. Jus go home.

Because there was no real story to be had. They wanted to stall becoming Pokemon Master as long as they could for him. This is what happens when you make a very simple story line and don't know how to flesh out a character. So every episode was some pokemon is stuck in a tree or someone lost their pokemon or team rocket was jacking off in the woods and realized Ash was around so they tried to troll him in some manner.

Because there was no real story to be had. They wanted to stall becoming Pokemon Master as long as they could for him. This is what happens when you make a very simple story line and don't know how to flesh out a character. So every episode was some pokemon is stuck in a tree or someone lost their pokemon or team rocket was jacking off in the woods and realized Ash was around so they tried to troll him in some manner.

I just wanted Ash to catch more pokemon and put the world on notice..

And for the record Raichu>Pikachu. Fuck you snobby Pikachu, refusing the lightning stone on the show AND in Pokemon Yellow. Go fuck yourself.

Onemic

BECAUSE FEELS

Pidgeot & Butterfree never came back ;_;

Ash is so stupid, it's no wonder I dropped the show after the second season.

Caterpee is a worthless piece of shit that turns into Metapod, a worse version of itself that can't do jack shit and Ash loves it. The second this thing finally grows some balls and starts ripping shit as Butterfree, Ash turns into emo Ash and lets Butterfree go.

What happens next? Dude can't even crack top 10 in the Pokemon League.

Ash can stay losing.

HomShaBom

Banned
I went hard into Pokemon Cards. I even did the Toys-R-Us tournaments where you won gym badges. I opened so many packs, ty based mom, and only got my first (self found) holographic till 2nd gen, was Wigglytuff.

I will accept that. The following seasons were not for everyone.
Frontier was an enormous turd.

How else would they have him lose to random ass trainers in route 1's all over the world?
Pikachu keeps losing anyways.

At least now they have him leave his Pokémon with Oak and only uses them at the end. Yet for some reason he keeps using trash like Noctowl and Totodile who never did anything but Kingler was a fucker who beat an entire match by himself and he never shows up.

FyreWulff

I liked and kept watching DBZ because it irritated the hell out of the super Japan neckbeards I knew.

One wrote death threats to Cartoon Network for dubbing YYH when they broadcast it here.

Yeah.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Pikachu better hope he doesn't trip on a thinderstone one day or its a wrap for his lvl 99 ass.

Shiiet I hope you got a charizard among them.

I remember being hype, because I got a Japanese Holographic Charizard, as well as a Mew and Mewto. I wish my hustle game was where it is now, because I would have came away with some loot.

Yugioh killed all that shit

True

Yugioh was awful. Prince called, your imitation of his style sucks.

Lmao

yugioh was my 'It's time to grow up' moment. Never touched it and took the path towards adulthood instead.

What trend/fad spread throughout your school that signaled the end of your childhood? Meaning, what fad made you think 'I'm too old for this shit'.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yeah I don't look back on those card game cartoon warmly at all... I was too old when they came out but the first game for playboy was a classic.

DBZ abridged is the best thing on the internet since Haterbot

Imm0rt4l

I remember being hype, because I got a Japanese Holographic Charizard, as well as a Mew and Mewto. I wish my hustle game was where it is now, because I would have came away with some loot.

True

Lmao
Somebody traded me a scratched up ass charizard as a kid. Other than that I remember having a zapdos n gyarados
I forget what else I had, stopped playing at 11.

Dy the only thing great about Yugi is the abridged version and the patriotic looking dude.
I haven't seen the abridged version but dbz abridged is hilarious and well written. Something that's easier to appreciate since the shows were pretty bad

DominoKid

yugioh was my 'It's time to grow up' moment. Never touched it and took the path towards adulthood instead.

What trend/fad spread throughout your school that signaled the end of your childhood? Meaning, what fad made you think 'I'm too old for this shit'.

i wouldn't even know what the big fad after yugioh was.
i remember when twilight got big in high school. that was pretty stupid.

harSon

Banned
DBZ was my shit.

I also watched Sailor Moon though....

Naw man, Sailor Moon was dope.

I pretty much watched any anime that was televised at that age, except Card Captor Sakura. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Hell, I watched freaking Hamtaro. Pretty much anything on Toonami or Fox/WB on Saturday mornings, I watched.

haha I spent a shit load on pokemon cards growing up

those packs were addicting, think i might have wasted $300 of my parents money and that was in the 90's

could have got a playstation 1 with that money.

why does everyone hate Digimon, those first two seasons were sick. nobody watched pokemon after charizard quit on ash. and yup i remember random stuff from the series

i79mG4Ia4FJOY.gif

DominoKid

Cardcaptor Sakura.........yeah i was a fan

Madison and that chinese girl were the shit

I pretty much watched any anime that was televised at that age, except Card Captor Sakura. Couldn't bring myself to do it. Hell, I watched freaking Hamtaro. Pretty much anything on Toonami or Fox/WB on Saturday mornings, I watched.

now were losing.
at least Sailor Moon had swag, but i wouldn't call myself a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom