• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

So y'all gonna hit me with the secret title or what?

Also, in my making a go at being a writer, I've found that I am ever so easily distracted. Don't know how I'm gonna keep this up when I start working again.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I would get out as soon as you can.

A couple of Job ago my then boss promised me a promotion, that never came. I needed the increase in salary because my then GF broke up with me so I was on my own for rent/bills. I liked the job so I stayed but 6 months later I was still getting dicked around so I found another job. But damn if that didn't fuck up my finances back then.

moris you got to unfortunately be pragmatic about this. Obviously dude was talking out his ass at best or at worse he lied to you. My advice most important would be to talk to him face to face. He won't give you the promotion based on a email inquiry. You got to go to that meeting like he didn't promise you shit and make a pitch damn near clean. even then there is a 50/50 chance he will reneg. However maybe you can get a slight raise out of him at least by shaming him by confronting him on the promise he made.

Once that is done you can prepare to leave maybe try to find a job somewhere else of about the same pay or transfer to another branch. It depends on how the face to face meeting went with the manager. Unfortunately it is still a buyers market and employers/managers know it and do scumbag shit. Its a common practice is a lot of industries to fire somebody and then re-hire them as a temp/freelancer for less money and no benefits. That was the reason I quit working in advertising and went into transportation. Motherfucker stay fucking with your money when there is too much competition for too few positions.

However working for a dude who lied to you about a promotion is some even worse bullshit. So if he renegs don't just quit. Line something up and then try to quit at the worse possible time to fuck them all over.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Is Red Cliff really Wuxia.
No. It's historical fiction. It's no more Wuxia than Heaven and Earth is really a chambara film. Sure, it might have samurai and be set in the jidaigeki and it might have elements of chambara, but, it's frankly a war film.

I'm also incredibly disappointed in folks not bringing up Black Belt Jones. I cannot tell if this is a measure of restraint or if I'm just old.

tumblr_mh28o8J9V21qasnrqo1_500.png

"what if i told you pink is not as cool as you think it is?
I had a City of Heroes character who looked like this.

Ran into the bank manager in the elevator on my way in today.

Said the hire freeze instated last year was supposed to be lifted Jan 2nd, it was not (thanks for telling me). Said he spoke with HR and the bank president, he needs him to sign off to temporarily lift the freeze to hire me.

If I don't have an offer by Monday I'm gone.

Remember when people used to pretend that uchip wasn't lame? And how devo was a terrible person for calling him out?

I remember him and others in some thread about bronies baying for my blood when I first came on here. You won't last long junior and all that crap. Put the muppet on my ignore list.

Starting to see a pattern with the most unpleasant people on here being the most depressed on here as well.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Said the hire freeze instated last year was supposed to be lifted Jan 2nd, it was not (thanks for telling me). Said he spoke with HR and the bank president, he needs him to sign off to temporarily lift the freeze to hire me.

I don't know why you're still there at that point. I'd throw my access badge at them.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No. No. No. I refuse to stand for the genre that gave us this

<DBZ>

being lumped in with furries. Just no.

You mean the series where the heroes initially had monkey tails and transformed into giant apes during a full moon??

ReiGun

Future Trunks was a g. I don't understand all the love Teen Gohan gets though.

1 arm kamehameha>>>>
This. Teen Gohan was the payoff for suffering through dozens of episodes of Gohan bitchassness (with occasional hints at awesome) and it was worth it. The moment when Gohan finally becomes Super Sayain is one of my favorite DBZ moments, as is him going SS2 and ripping Cell a new asshole.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Cool now you know where you stand

1 arm kamehameha>>>>

Meh. Best Kamehameha(s) go to Goku.

This. Teen Gohan was the payoff for suffering through dozens of episodes of Gohan bitchassness (with occasional hints at awesome) and it was worth it. The moment when Gohan finally becomes Super Sayain is one of my favorite DBZ moments, as is him going SS2 and ripping Cell a new asshole.

Then he went right back to being soft. Almost lost to Dabura, smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom