• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
i79mG4Ia4FJOY.gif

Well, I was 8-9 at the time so my tastes were likely shit, and I haven't peeped the show since then, but I recall watching it regularly so I must have liked it.

I pretty much watched everything on Cartoon Network/Toonami, Nickelodeon, and Fox/WB Saturday mornings. There were a few exceptions, like Hey Dude, but otherwise, I was pretty much down for whatever.

Oh, Tenchi Muyo! pissed me off. I wasn't even in puberty or all that sexual at the time I watched it, but even I knew Tenchi's punk ass was fucking up a good thing.

ReiGun

Matt from Digimon S1 was that nigga, getting into fights with the main lead and shit
Matt was a bitch.

Also:

- Yugioh was fucking great...for some reason. Really the show was dumb as fuck, but the game was hype.
- Digimon had better shows, but pokemon had better games.
- Sailor Moon was gdlk.
- Once moe started getting popular, I knew nerds were going to a place I could not follow.
- I never actually had pokemon cards till after the fad had passed. It marked the start of a long life of being lttp.

I think I'm caught up now.

It's incredible, the things that have to be explained to grown ass people.

It's difficult to understand/recognize certain things as true when you're surrounded by people saying the opposite your whole life. What you believe to be inalienable truth may be spottier to someone else who has come into contact with different sorts of people.

That's why it's best to be patient. I don't know if it's true or not, but I recall a story of that man who trapped a KKK higher-up into an interview, and they became friends and the KKK guy left the KKK. Aggression and impatience only hurts an argument, I believe. Some people just don't understand at once.

It's difficult to understand/recognize certain things as true when you're surrounded by people saying the opposite your whole life. What you believe to be inalienable truth may be spottier to someone else who has come into contact with different sorts of people.

That's why it's best to be patient. I don't know if it's true or not, but I recall a story of that man who trapped a KKK higher-up into an interview, and they became friends and the KKK guy left the KKK. Aggression and impatience only hurts an argument, I believe. Some people just don't understand at once.

Shouldn't have to explain common decency to adults. I'm not even getting into nuances.

Shouldn't have to explain common decency to adults. I'm not even getting into nuances.

Certainly not, but some people grow up in a totally different world. Like, radically different. They may invade personal space easily because they've seen it done by people being genuinely friendly, being an ass as a joke. Short of killing and the type of violent rape (zero "gray areas," what those who don't know what they're doing is rape see as rape) I assure you there is a person that thinks it's okay, and perhaps based on past experiences.

Certainly not, but some people grow up in a totally different world. Like, radically different. They may invade personal space easily because they've seen it done by people being genuinely friendly, being an ass as a joke. Short of killing and the type of violent rape (zero "gray areas," what those who don't know what they're doing is rape see as rape) I assure you there is a person that thinks it's okay, and perhaps based on past experiences.

You're insinuating past experiences are even there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom