• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I officially think slay has had is account hijacked. He was anti pussy on a pedestal, anti simp and anti thirst

But now hes simping for devo... Next thing you know he'll be going to Jared to by her and engagement ring that timedog will appreciate so he dont have to by one.
Anywho..

Anyone got a good pair of cans? Im looking for one since im buying a new pc and wanna be immersed.

Slay been replaced a doombot its the only explanation.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
It's time to come clean.

I was a huge simp back in high school. I wasn't buying chicks cars or anything like that but I am guilty of the following:

• Driving them around in my dad's Impala.
  • Buying them lunch.
  • Picking them up after the club.
  • Listening to them bitch about how they can't find a good man late into the night over the phone.
  • Listening to them talk about the guy they were just with late into the night.

Not my proudest time, have to say I am glad I woke up one day and realized how stupid I was.

Just reading through this thread and all the simp talk just reminded me of that time and all I can do is just shake my head.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Your friends raised you up right, Rayven.
Anyone got a good pair of cans? Im looking for one since im buying a new pc and wanna be immersed.
Have you heard of Beats by Dre?

Seriously though, Bose or Sennheiser is the way to go.

It's time to come clean.

I was a huge simp back in high school. I wasn't buying chicks cars or anything like that but I am guilty of the following:

• Buying them lunch.
  • Listening to them bitch about how they can't find a good man late into the night over the phone.

Not my proudest time, have to say I am glad I woke up one day and realized how stupid I was.

Just reading through this thread and all the simp talk just reminded me of that time and all I can do is just shake my head.

I maintain that simp is just a natural stage for most men, to make them aware of their stupidity, until they reach the pimp.
Unfortunately, some never burst out as a beautiful pimp butterfly from that simp chrysalis.

It's time to come clean.

• Buying them lunch.

:/

I maintain that simp is just a natural stage for most men, to make them aware of their stupidity, until they reach the pimp.
Unfortunately, some never burst out as a beautiful pimp butterfly from that simp chrysalis.

As a general rule I think that's fairly true. Some lucky few absorb some handed down wisdom quick or just don't have it in em to simp.

Simping is a very immature little boy thing, which is why I have a hard time respecting those who do it into adulthood, they're not even adults in my eyes. Little boys with crushes fucking themselves up.

edit: Drfunk that giving gifts to girls you aren't with reminded me of something.

When I was just getting to know my now gf, a close friend of mine bought her a gift for valentines/bday (her bday is a few days after valentines day). It was awkward as fuck handing him back the gift he gave her cause she didn't want to accept it.

I have plenty of times in high school. Listening to the girl about her problems with other men, telling her she is great and wonderful, and saying that she will find her perfect man while hoping that she will realize it is me.

Then I remember reading about ladder theory and all that other shit and my attitude changing into this bitter guy who thought that they owed me something. Thankfully, I grew out of that as well and understand how things work (for the most part anyway).

As mentioned, I think we all go through that phase. It is just a matter if we learn from that and move on.

Gorillaz

I would say elementary and middle school is the standard time for simping. You technically don't know right from wrong around that time frame.

By high school most guys should be growing out of it in some stage or another. By graduation you should be basically out of it.

RedSwirl

Maybe it's because I stopped reading Girl Age a long time ago, but I see a lot of people on OT either talking about their past simpness, or admitting to current simpness, which I guess is a step in the right direction. Like, the first step is admitting you have a problem right?

I would say elementary and middle school is the standard time for simping. You technically don't know right from wrong around that time frame.

By high school most guys should be growing out of it in some stage or another. By graduation you should be basically out of it.

It varies. People struggle with it.

Hits close to home my man, don't it

- bought v-day shit for girls I wasn't with
- gave rides
- offering a 'shoulder' to cry on

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I wasn't, never was, or will be a straight up punk.

Shit most of my relationship problems arose because I'm a selfish asshole.

harSon

Banned
According to gaf, you need to have model looks and be rich to stand a chance with ANY girl. People like Kevin cow is why I avoid OT mostly. I get they have issues but I'm tired of seeing the same ol self self-depreciating shtick.

You just have to not give a fuck. If you hit up some chick and she says 'No,' then so the fuck what, rinse and repeat. So many people are scared shitless of rejection or other people's perceptions that they put themselves in a position to never succeed. Even if you're getting rejected 95% of the time, that's more success than not approaching someone 100% of the time. There's nothing wrong with being a volume shooter.

It's time to come clean.

• Buying them lunch.

what is this?!......

*kisses teeth*

LosDaddie

Banned
It's time to come clean.

• Buying them lunch.

I believe that if most were honest, then they'd admit to some degree of simping in their past. I think I simped until my first Summer break from FSU, when I came back home to make bank (and have fun). I had an internship during the day, then worked as a server at night. Met a ton of people that Summer, and partied a lot. I basically told every lady I met that I was only there for the Summer, would not be coming back, and only wanted to have fun. I literally told these ladies all I wanted was a summer fling, as I'd be back in Tallahassee come August and busy with classes.

One of the best Summers I ever had.

Some threads man. Like I said, once you take it to the numbers you realize some dudes are being far too picky. The sex ratio is 1:1 in the US. Next thread that turns into that shit I'm going to tell them to switch places with some dude from China.

Slayven

Some threads man. Like I said, once you take it to the numbers you realize some dudes are being far too picky. The sex ratio is 1:1 in the US. Next thread that turns into that shit I'm going to tell them to switch places with some dude from China.

You would need James Cameron and a fuck ton of CGI to match these guy's idea of attractiveness.

Okay, I think I did some simping sometime in Highschool by helping out this one gal with getting the printer work at school.
It might not sound like a case of simpititis, but it is because I did have feelings of adolescent lust towards her that I never acted upon and instead simply hoped for something to kinda happen by being friendly.

I think most simps never had that father/uncle/brother/old school pimp around the block to tell them how the game go. They just figure simping is the way to go and are just stuck in thier ways

DominoKid

even though KevinCow (and some other folks) is a little extreme w/ it, i can understand the feeling. constant rejection gets old. it just does. i feel like i'm fighting an uphill battle. sometimes i have to mindfuck myself to not get down on myself (my mind runs wild) to the point where i stop trying.

still though, as bad as it's been, i could never be a simp. its too time/energy consuming.

what do you know about it? girls can get whatever guys they want!

:( :( :(

The part about someone saying so what that you lost your A option, you have B, C, D, E, and F and quit being entitled was mindblowing. Seriously, being entitled to that. just lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
even though KevinCow (and some other folks) is a little extreme w/ it, i can understand the feeling. constant rejection gets old. it just does. i feel like i'm fighting an uphill battle. sometimes i have to mindfuck myself to not get down on myself (my mind runs wild) to the point where i stop trying.

still though, as bad as it's been, i could never be a simp. its too time/energy consuming.

Getting down on yourself is fine.

Its the making up all sorts of things to do instead of working on yourself that becomes the problem. If you're getting rattled, you have to examine why. Is it the words? Is it the fact that you rely on the affirmation of complete strangers? Is it that you're generally displeased with yourself in the first place? Is it the crowd/scene that you're trying to work your way into? Those questions need to be asked towards yourself before looking to blame others - which is what a LOT of what I see is. Part of that maturity, some of it is learned behaviors for coping, and sometimes its just genetic bitchassness.

I'm still not over my ex. I'm batting .250 in 2013 too. But I'm definitely happy with myself and I've worked on what I've felt I needed to work on - and you have to do both, because confidence comes from success and nothing is more valuable than success in self-improvement.
Alter Code F was sold out?

I almost beat that game before losing all my fucks again.

Pretty sure I'll never beat a Wild Arms game.

DY_nasty

That game does not have any give. One bad move and you are fucked.
I'm okay with this. XCOM, Faster Than Light, SMT games.

Its the atrocious art and game design choices slapping me in the face from the start that's hurting me right now.

Slayven

I'm okay with this. XCOM, Faster Than Light, SMT games.

Its the atrocious art and game design choices slapping me in the face from the start that's hurting me right now.

I quit the game on like the third stage. Because if you don't do a certain thing by a certain move there is there is literally no way to win the stage. A good strategy game should allow for more then one approach.

DY_nasty

I quit the game on like the third stage. Because if you don't do a certain thing by a certain move there is there is literally no way to win the stage. A good strategy game should allow for more then one approach.

Damn

That's entirely different.

Fuck that noise.

DominoKid

Getting down on yourself is fine.

Its the making up all sorts of things to do instead of working on yourself that becomes the problem. If you're getting rattled, you have to examine why. Is it the words? Is it the fact that you rely on the affirmation of complete strangers? Is it that you're generally displeased with yourself in the first place? Is it the crowd/scene that you're trying to work your way into? Those questions need to be asked towards yourself before looking to blame others - which is what a LOT of what I see is. Part of that maturity, some of it is learned behaviors for coping, and sometimes its just genetic bitchassness.

I'm still not over my ex. I'm batting .250 in 2013 too. But I'm definitely happy with myself and I've worked on what I've felt I needed to work on - and you have to do both, because confidence comes from success and nothing is more valuable than success in self-improvement.

see i'm batting .000 for at least the last 12 months. i don't expect to knock it out of the park at every opportunity but jeez. i feel like an untouchable.

i mostly find myself trying to figure out what other people do so well that i can't seem to get. and it spirals into the black from there. some days it doesn't bother me but occasionally it just overcomes my mood like a fog.

You gotta also wonder how these women are being asked. Random pick ups at bars? College classmates? I feel like if you're a bit socially stunted you're better off making a bunch of friends with women than trying to chat a random girl up somewhere.

DY_nasty

see i'm batting .000 for at least the last 12 months. i don't expect to knock it out of the park at every opportunity but jeez. i feel like an untouchable.

i mostly find myself trying to figure out what other people do so well that i can't seem to get. and it spirals into the black from there. some days it doesn't bother me but occasionally it just overcomes my mood like a fog.

You still around Durham?

Because Fuck Durham.

As soon as you leave, you'll see how dark it is there.
You gotta also wonder how these women are being asked. Random pick ups at bars? College classmates? I feel like if you're a bit socially stunted you're better off making a bunch of friends with women than trying to chat a random girl up somewhere.
i5WSFpNsVuR43.png

RedSwirl

I think most simps never had that father/uncle/brother/old school pimp around the block to tell them how the game go. They just figure simping is the way to go and are just stuck in thier ways

I still maintain that R&B music is where some of them get it from.

I don't know what guys are doing wrong. I get obvious openings and signals every couple months from complete strangers without knowing them or talking or starting up conversations. And believe me, I'm pretty average looking.

damn

this real talk got my catching feels for you bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom