• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup Everybody. First time Posting in this thread. Thought I'd check up in here and chat. I've come to realize most of my post especially withing the past couple of Months has been in regards to either Race and privilege related thread. I figure I'm seeing the same users in those thread I'd stop on by here and start posting in this thread as well.

Sometimes as "Liberal" or "Progressive" as Gaf may seem to paint itself, it astounds me at the amount of Racist comments or people who just can't grasp the idea of how society is to people of color especially blacks. I've had too many personal experiences as well as family experiences to put up with some of these users nonsense thinking privilege doesn't exist.

harSon

Banned
I'm dumb as fuck when it comes to picking up signals.

Also, I took this girl's number down on the back of my friend's shirt once. Fuck spending money on something like that. Those phones can get expensive as hell - the only reason I have a smart phone is for work. I'd never have left my Chocolate if I didn't need to.

For reals though, I'm inclined to think that I do too. Hearing 2nd hand that such and such was feelin' ya after it's too late suuuucks.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Sup Everybody. First time Posting in this thread. Thought I'd check up in here and chat. I've come to realize most of my post especially withing the past couple of Months has been in regards to either Race and privilege related thread. I figure I'm seeing the same users in those thread I'd stop on by here and start posting in this thread as well.

Sometimes as "Liberal" or "Progressive" as Gaf may seem to paint itself, it astounds me at the amount of Racist comments or people who just can't grasp the idea of how society is to people of color especially blacks. I've had too many personal experiences as well as family experiences to put up with some of these users nonsense thinking privilege doesn't exist.
I'd rather deal with the obvious, blatant, direct racism that tends to come from the far right to be honest.

Slayven

I rather deal with hanging racism than patronizing racism.

DY_nasty

People go crazy when you mention "white privilege".

Because it sends people straight into defense mode.

I don't like saying "racism" or "white privilege" because all too often it sends someone who's not familiar with the entirety of either term into defense mode right off the bat - then you're dealing with someone who will do anything and everything to keep from being associated with the boogieman from their grade school books. That person may be racist as hell but you're going to have a much harder time getting your point across when they think they're being labeled.

Hello. First time posting on this BlackGAF thread. It's nice to see how this is all shaping up.

I'm really enjoying the So Well Spoken podcast (or as I'd like to call it, the DY Nasty Show). You fine young gentlemen (and lady) are doing a great job.

Also, favorite black superhero: Amanda "The Wall" Waller. The old school version.

DY_nasty

Hello. First time posting on this BlackGAF thread. It's nice to see how this is all shaping up.

I'm really enjoying the So Well Spoken podcast (or as I'd like to call it, the DY Nasty Show). You fine young gentlemen (and lady) are doing a great job.

Also, favorite black superhero: Amanda "The Wall" Waller. The old school version.

izgBQop3ckdIr.gif

Also, I was going to bring it up before but could I make a case for Miss Martian being "black"?

My first girlfriend had to hit me in the head to let me know that she wanted to hook up. I can't read signs for shit.
I never really simped in the ways people describe in this thread. I never bought anyone anything, made anyone anything, or listened to anyone's problems because I thought it would make them fall in love with me. Hell, until I got in college, nobody ever asked me to listen to their problems. I used to do people favors, but mostly small shit, like loaning pencils or whatever. (I still do people favors, but now it's because I just like helping people. lol)
Hey Rei...lemme hold a dollar.

I'd rather deal with the obvious, blatant, direct racism that tends to come from the far right to be honest.

I rather deal with hanging racism than patronizing racism.

Yeah, I guess it gets to me too much probably on a personal level. And when you would think you're in a better place to not put up with that shit, It comes right in your face again. I'm sick of giving people the benefit of the doubt when i see something wrong though. I guess thats why my friends always say i seem so stressed out lol.

RedSwirl

I gave in for transit apps basically =/.

I gave in when I realized my phone basically wasn't compatible with anything anymore, not other people's phones, nothin'. My first smartphone was only like the third cell phone I ever owned too. I'm only on my second, and thus my fourth phone ever, and only gave in to an upgrade because of how much iOS4 fucked up the iPhone 3G.

Now I'm tied down because of all this software I've got on iOS though. Thing has basically replaced laptops for me.

DY_nasty

Onemic, or anyone reading this

I would LOVE to have Kembavatar on the Leonod.gif.

FreeMufasa

Honestly? I don't think gaf is as liberal as people say. It's the same as any other forum, maybe even worse. But having an account here is a privilege and no one wants to lose it. The strict moderating is why you don't see all that ignorant shit from other forums. Just look at the San Andreas reveal thread. Everyone's biting their lip.

Honestly? I don't think gaf is as liberal as people say. It's the same as any other forum, maybe even worse. But having an account here is a privilege and no one wants to lose it. The strict moderating is why you don't see all that ignorant shit from other forums. Just look at the San Andreas reveal thread.Everyone's biting their lip.

Truest shit I ever read.

Honestly? I don't think gaf is as liberal as people say. It's the same as any other forum, maybe even worse. But having an account here is a privilege and no one wants to lose it. The strict moderating is why you don't see all that ignorant shit from other forums. Just look at the San Andreas reveal thread. Everyone's biting their lip.

Yeah, I don't either and I keep being reminded when I see the insanely ignorant comments in regards to marginalized people, especially blacks of course. And yes I wonder what it would be like if gaf wasn't so strictly moderated sometimes. Most people seem to put up a front in order to not get banned.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

ReiGun

How many of you guys have guns?

Nope. Not a fan of guns.

I was planning to move in with an older friend who tried to basically force me to learn to use a gun. Even when I told him I wasn't comfortable with it, he still kept going on about showing me to shoot and clean it and all that.

It was about here that I started realizing this particular friend was a little off. And kind of a jerk.

DY_nasty

I've been around guns most of my life and even though I trash my dad all the time in this thread, he made damn sure that I knew how to operate, maintain, and respect a firearm when I was still 8 and I'm grateful for it.

The reason I never carried a gun back in NC was because nothing escalates a scenario faster than a gun and just people knowing that I had one would've made my life harder. Now that I'm away from that kind of place, I'm good but... people are fucking crazy, and I'd like the option. I typically always have a knife in reach anyways but knivestogunfights and all that. Shit is crazy out here.

FyreWulff

I own a shotgun and a .22 but they're back in the states in someone else's gun cabinet.

I also used to go hunting, never killed anything though. The one time I had something I forgot to get the safety off before I lined up :lol

While I pretended to be mad it happened, secretly I was happy the animal escaped

mr2xxx

Banned
does anyone here go to the-coli

EDIT: I don't own any guns

I haven't visited any of those sites in a long time but I browsed it last week. I was laughing when browsing it, they use nothing but faces when talking. I used to go to the Nas forum back in the day then AHH forum, then SOHH forum which then turned into Project Covo.

Not me. Down here They make it very hard for anyone to get a gun it takes almost year for gun licenses to be approved, I guess its for the best to try and cut down on the crime. Most of the time I have a knife in my pocket and a collapsible baton and a taser in the crib I also got pepper spray in the car just in case :D

i don't. maybe someday...

Yeah, I don't either and I keep being reminded when I see the insanely ignorant comments in regards to marginalized people, especially blacks of course. And yes I wonder what it would be like if gaf wasn't so strictly moderated sometimes. Most people seem to put up a front in order to not get banned.

it'd be like the rest of the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom