• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let this be real...

dhYf0jW.jpg

DominoKid

i want to hang out w/ lil b for a few days. see the writing/recording process. play video games. making all them videos. how he does all that shit in one day.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Is there a new RSS link for the So Well Spoken podcast? The old one isn't working anymore.

Hmmm?

I can't remember it too well, what happened? All I remember from that was the bar fight and young drake.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. The adventure movie blockbuster feel doesn't really get going until the halfway point, chapter 13 I think, when you're on the boats.There was too much building and setting up for a game whose storyline is pretty average. It was all go here to figure out where we need to go next and repeat for the first 12 chapters. The intro bar fight was pretty memorable though and so was young Drake, trim that mess down to 4 or 5 chapters and you'd lose nothing.

The last half was pretty great though.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
I feel like there needs to be a new law added like natural's

something something any relationship thread will eventually breakdown into self loathing and sexism.

i want to hang out w/ lil b for a few days. see the writing/recording process. play video games. making all them videos. how he does all that shit in one day.

same. he reminds me of my older cousin.

FreeMufasa

I feel like there needs to be a new law added like natural's

something something any relationship thread will eventually breakdown into self loathing and sexism.

same. he reminds me of my older cousin.

According to gaf, you need to have model looks and be rich to stand a chance with ANY girl. People like Kevin cow is why I avoid OT mostly. I get they have issues but I'm tired of seeing the same ol self self-depreciating shtick.

Slayven

Black history month so I am watching Tyler Perry's good deeds. Dude worked black people can't swim into the character development.

According to gaf, you need to have model looks and be rich to stand a chance with ANY girl. People like Kevin cow is why I avoid OT mostly. I get they have issues but I'm tired of seeing the same ol self self-depreciating shtick.

you mean I cant walk up to females and say hi miss would you care to join me for lunch? 0_o

Too Short is the anti-simp king. If just one Drake fan a day listened to Short, the World would be a lot less soft.

lol......

Some people don't want to improve. They just love the attention they get from pity.

Imm0rt4l

Gotta remember the nature of this forum is one that attracts nerds of all kinds. We're nerds, but there will of course be those aspie geeks with little social interaction unwilling to come out of their bubble. Gaf is their sanctuary and they feel more comfortable asking for help here albeit in a very passive aggressive way. If they can't outright say they are in need of a change on the fucking internet they are doomed to failure. "I don't see any value in myself but I'm going to shit up this thread with self loathing" translates to "I need someone to intervene in my life because I'm incapable and I need some of my fellow nerds to blow smoke up my ass and tell me I'm awesome or the secret to changing my life around"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Imm0rt4l knows what's up. The problem is there is no secret. Just need a change of attitude and a kick up the ass. Which really ain't something you can accomplish from forum posts alone. Thus the never ending cycle of sad story time.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Imm0rt4l knows what's up. The problem is there is no secret. Just need a change of attitude and a kick up the ass. Which really ain't something you can accomplish from forum posts alone. Thus the never ending cycle of sad story time.

The biggest problem is people thinking that they don't need honesty.

DY_nasty

I seen you be honest before. It's like watching a snuff film

I expect people to be honest with me. I love it when people are honest with me - because that's not something anyone should be taking for granted.

Sooooo many people here have the idea that someone who likes you or gives a small fuck about your well-being will absolutely never criticize you or say something you may not like to hear.

"Oh, DY's boys in NBAGAF will always have his back." Fuck no. Those dudes will tell me to paint my face like a clown whenever I start getting stupid and I love that.

For some reason though, a solid number of people have completely taken "You need to find someone who loves you for you" out of context. Yes, at the surface level, that sounds nice and is something to aim for. Beyond that, you need to wash your ass, get a job, stop begging for hugs, quit feeling sorry for yourself, and give up on trying to find someone to 'complete' you. That is the mentality degeneration and reliance. Its nothing anyone of value will want. But instead of telling people the things that they need to hear, they throw it to the side and offer up things like "its not you, its them. you're a great guy/girl!". No. Always be ready to look in the mirror and look at faults. That's how you get better at anything. Work, games, class, relationships, etc - Not looking to constantly improve yourself is wasting your life, imo.

But I'm really more or less into not helping every single person on GAF anymore. They've got to at least say "I want to get better" - which surprisingly isn't expressed all that often.

Slayven

I expect people to be honest with me. I love it when people are honest with me - because that's not something anyone should be taking for granted.

Sooooo many people here have the idea that someone who likes you or gives a small fuck about your well-being will absolutely never criticize you or say something you may not like to hear.

"Oh, DY's boys in NBAGAF will always have his back." Fuck no. Those dudes will tell me to paint my face like a clown whenever I start getting stupid and I love that.

For some reason though, a solid number of people have completely taken "You need to find someone who loves you for you" out of context. Yes, at the surface level, that sounds nice and is something to aim for. Beyond that, you need to wash your ass, get a job, stop begging for hugs, quit feeling sorry for yourself, and give up on trying to find someone to 'complete' you. That is the mentality degeneration and reliance. Its nothing anyone of value will want. But instead of telling people the things that they need to hear, they throw it to the side and offer up things like "its not you, its them. you're a great guy/girl!". No. Always be ready to look in the mirror and look at faults. That's how you get better at anything. Work, games, class, relationships, etc - Not looking to constantly improve yourself is wasting your life, imo.

But I'm really more or less into not helping every single person on GAF anymore. They've got to at least say "I want to get better" - which surprisingly isn't expressed all that often.
Message.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Definitely. I feel like it's a staple of our generation more than anything. Growing up we had too much imprinting from school and shit of 'every one of you is a special snowflake and you should never change a bit of what you are' which really has backfired in some ugly ways.

As far as personal relationships go I'm glad I have a girl who will call me on my shit and challenge me to get better rather than just settling for anything. I want to be a better person than I was a 12 months ago every year of my life.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I remember a while ago when bdizzle said (and I'm paraphrasing) "the best thing to do is accept yourself", and it was largely ignored.

I think that many posters here have the issue of vehemently hating themselves - probably for the weakest reasons. Every thread largely devolves into "I'm ugly" or "I have no talent, skills, ect.", and really, the biggest step is to look in the mirror and be fine with who you are. Admittedly, it's a difficult step, but it's where results come from.

DY_nasty

I remember a while ago when bdizzle said (and I'm paraphrasing) "the best thing to do is accept yourself", and it was largely ignored.

I think that many posters here have the issue of vehemently hating themselves - probably for the weakest reasons. Every thread largely devolves into "I'm ugly" or "I have no talent, skills, ect.", and really, the biggest step is to look in the mirror and be fine with who you are. Admittedly, it's a difficult step, but it's where results come from.

But then you got people who actually take that too far and say shit like "I have no job, am not funny, don't ever cut my hair, blame others for my problems, like to act as if I'm an expert on foreign policy because I read a Yahoo article, and women only like tall guys with money - AND IM FINE WITH THAT"

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
That kills me the most. How are you an expert on simple human interactions, just because you read a random article some dumbass wrote in his spare time for payola?

A lot of people have real issues. It wouldn't be fair to class them with the ones who continually ask for help, but then don't do shit to change their situations. I can't stand that. It helps in continuing to foster the illusion that everything is hopeless.

This subject is one of the reasons I hate the term gamer. People use that shit as a crutch when it comes to these topics. Omg, I play games, no woman/guy will like me...as if they don't play it themselves.

DrFunk

Yeah, it's a trip trying to help someone who thinks they know everything.

And who thinks looks are everything
And who think all women are alike
And who think they can't improve themselves

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

man love is an act of labor cause word is bound I would socially cut off people i didn't love for half the shit people I have love for do.... Also Dy is right you got to have a level of trust with those people that you can critique each other or in the end who can you really trust?

Any negative remark anyone has to say to me, I've probably already said to me on the mirror that morning

I'm not perfect, but I'm trying to improve. Thank you for the motivation, sir or madam

Slayven

I think BCT should create a charity to get washrags into the hands of gaffers who need them. With your help asses can be wash correctly.

DrFunk

Vita might get some play now that Hotline Miami is coming to it

Can't wait to have my head blown off while running in a circle

It really is. I find myself being able to relate to those posters (specifically Kevin Cow and Izick), mostly because I used to think like them a few years ago. I wasn't as hard on myself as Kevin is, but every time something went wrong I felt like it was my fault. I'm a loner so transitioning to even a mildly positive mindset was pretty grueling, but now I don't really even think about dating and the like.

Growing up I think my friends unknowingly saved me from being a simp, at 15 there was this girl I liked but I was too chicken shit to go talk to her or any girl actually, basically the hardest dude we knew in my hood threatened to molly whoop me if I didnt walk her to the store and come back with a number afterwards (he activated the black guy stare) i it was blunt but it worked and I found out she was cool people. My friends would go on to arrange more sink or swim situations later on :D

Nakazato

I officially think slay has had is account hijacked. He was anti pussy on a pedestal, anti simp and anti thirst

But now hes simping for devo... Next thing you know he'll be going to Jared to by her and engagement ring that timedog will appreciate so he dont have to by one.

Anywho..

Anyone got a good pair of cans? Im looking for one since im buying a new pc and wanna be immersed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom