• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

Honestly? I don't think gaf is as liberal as people say. It's the same as any other forum, maybe even worse. But having an account here is a privilege and no one wants to lose it. The strict moderating is why you don't see all that ignorant shit from other forums. Just look at the San Andreas reveal thread. Everyone's biting their lip.

Just gonna repost an earlier post of mine on this subject.

Remember, we all think, sound, and act alike.

[I can't believe the number of posts I saw with this mentality. And GAF is supposed to be a progressive board? More so that others, but still!]

lol, wish we could change thread titles now
At the risk of keeping it too real, this is a crock of bullshit. All you need to do is take one look at any thread involving women or race
or Gaming side
to see that.

Also, no gun yet. Planning on one soon though.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Kotaku has a piece on how to get more black people in video games. It's blocked at work, so I can't repost it here. I haven't read it, so somebody let me know how /headdesk it is.

FyreWulff

Guys one black person is paid more than me so clearly no other black person is impacted by racism

y'all just need to pull up your bootstraps by your stiff upper lip and climb the ladder of opportunity

I personally can't see myself owning a gun until I have a kid. At that point as a parent you feel like you've got a personal responsibility of taking care of your family, so yeah.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There's also plenty of female protaganists in gaming, like Jade, Jade, and Jade, and that one girl from Beyond Good and Evil

[/tangent]

theres also darci from urban chaos, but i think like a literal handful of people played it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I level for comic boring is Barry Allen. So I can't agree with you

he may not be barry allen, but hes not his ultimate counterpart either. the most exciting he was was when spider men happened. now hes back in nowhereville with the rest of the tryhard universe

"There are differences between races and cultures."

"stop being racist"

there was a quote about how more black characters will naturally appear

tumblr_lmbmlseMIg1qhqrew.gif

So I just came out of that "How to get blacks into gaming thread" Damn! I asked a question there that was completely over looked by the black ganondorf discussion so I'll post it here strictly off my personal experience.

In regards to minorities i.e getting more black people into games getting them in the industry would be the first step. I work for IBM and diversity is on of the biggest selling points when they look for leaders and innovators. Now I've made a pretty good acquaintance who works at Epic in Cary, NC. While we haven't really discussed the issue in depth he has asked me why I didn't try to get into the gaming industry with my love for games and tech. For me personally I was born and raised in SC and didn't have a lot of access to the industry, but I do wonder why people who are born and raised here in NC / other areas where gaming jobs should could be easily accessible don't try to get jobs at Epic, Insomniac, etc,.

So the question is how many of us are in the gaming industry here and if not did you consider it? why/why not?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
So I just came out of that "How to get blacks into gaming thread" Damn! I asked a question there that was completely over looked by the black ganondorf discussion so I'll post it here strictly off my personal experience.

So the question is how many of us are in the gaming industry here and if not did you consider it? why/why not?

I honestly would love to be in the industry in someway.
I was studying and taking graphic design, 3d animation, and 3d modeling classes at one point but the cost for further education alone made my goal seem unrealistic. Also learning that the market was saturated when it came to digital artist was kind of downer.

edit: on that same note, I'm not in school for anything atm and I'm working shitty jobs that I hate just to make ends meet. maybe I should go back to school and give it all I got to make it in the industry.

harSon

Banned

I went with another long shot pipe dream, the film industry :p

Nesotenso

he may not be barry allen, but hes not his ultimate counterpart either. the most exciting he was was when spider men happened. now hes back in nowhereville with the rest of the tryhard universe

I find it hard to understand why this mediocre series gets the praise it does.

FyreWulff

I have family members that also got into blackpowder kentucky rifles for a bit. They're kind of cool to shoot at targets (OW EMBERS) but I'd never go hunting with one. Once you'd fire it, every animal within 20 miles would go into hiding.

FyreWulff

Gamers have overinflated the capabilities of the PS4 and the 720 to the point that they pretty much will be disappointed when the actual hardware hits.

Slayven

Unless PS4 is on some Star trek shit, folks will cry. The WII U battered spouses will be in a corner talking about it ain't shit.

My expectations:

$400-$500 price tag, a nice step up graphically, a few motion gimmicks, some nice looking stuff that won't ever release, some nice looking stuff that gets watered down upon release and a surprise or two.

A PS3 pricecut would make sense as well, probably right at the beginning of the conference.

DominoKid

in a way i hope its 499. b/c if its 399 there's no way im not buying one at launch. as long as they don't pull another 599 USD though. jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom