• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
If it is 399, shit will go nuclear.

It was in the crapper from jump.

At least people were trying to hold legitimate debate, and the ignorance was at a minimum. Now Donkey Kong is an example of a black character, and Cole (Gears of War) is representative of a large percentage of black people within this country.

At least people were trying to hold legitimate debate, and the ignorance was at a minimum. Now Donkey Kong is an example of a black character, and Cole (Gears of War) is representative of a large percentage of black people within this country.

I know when I go to my fridge I cant help but marvel at ALL DAT JUICE I got in there.

that rock band thing? no joke if they put out a parliament set, id be all over that shit. but it would be fuck hardmode though.
yeah. that's what I mean... the dismissal of black music in "rock band" because of the "band" part... it's like... do they not know where rock music came from?

That DK thing is a joke right?

FyreWulff

if people are talking about rap in rock band, the reason it's hardly in there is because rap is a licensing quagmire.

Even if I bought the entire Snoop pack (i only have one), i'd still have more non-rap black artists in my Rock Band library. The only track I bought of his was because.. surprise, they had to take it down due to licensing issues. So I grabbed it before you couldn't buy it anymore. Gotta have rares.

Otherwise I have no idea why people would be bringing up RB in that thread..

Black artists I have in my library for RB off the top of my head:

Darius Rucker (his country single)
Jimi Hendrix (AYE?, A:BAL, and the last RB3-era pack they put out)
Jackson 5
James Brown
BB King
Otis Redding
Earth Wind & Fire

Deltron via Gorillaz's "Clint Eastwood" if you want to count that

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
if people are talking about rap in rock band, the reason it's hardly in there is because rap is a licensing quagmire.

Even if I bought the entire Snoop pack (i only have one), i'd still have more non-rap black artists in my Rock Band library. The only track I bought of his was because.. surprise, they had to take it down due to licensing issues. So I grabbed it before you couldn't buy it anymore. Gotta have rares.

Otherwise I have no idea why people would be bringing up RB in that thread..

not rap, but black artists in general in rock band. theres quite a bit to choose from too.

Nintendo needs some black protagonists so no one can bring up Ganondorf or DK anymore when talking about black video game characters.

I always thought the story of Sundiata would make a good game; it could be like Zelda in a different setting.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jesse Jackson Jr. going to jail for a while for embezzlement of campaign funds. At least it sounds like he owned up to it like a man. His wife will probably get hit with charges too.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Did you see what he spent the funds on? It sounded like a Rick Ross album: http://www.chicoer.com/digitalextra...ckson-jr-pleaded-guilty-misuse-campaign-funds
Yeah, dude was trying to live a rockstar life on the taxpayer's dime. Some of the shit he bought was cool like the Malcom X and Bruce Lee stuff but WTF at 8k for the MJ hats, lmao. Biggest fucking waste of money right there.
According to court documents, Jackson's campaign credit cards were used for $582,772 in personal expenditures. Jackson's purchases included a gold-plated men's Rolex watch costing more than $43,000 and almost $10,000 in children's furniture.

The items include two hats belonging to the late singer Michael Jackson costing more than $8,000; a $5,000 football signed by U.S. presidents; and memorabilia involving the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Malcolm X and martial artist Bruce Lee.

Another expenses incurred using the campaign credit card were a five-day stay at Martha's Vineyard Holistic Retreat in 2008 for $5,687.75, and a $4,272.78 charge in 2006 for on-board cruise expenses to Navigator of the Sea, according to court documents.
Surprised people haven't been talking more about the ending of Fast 6/Bad guy for 7 leaking.

www.aintitcoolnews.com has the story spoiler, and I can see some people getting sad, not me but certain people.
This sounds awesome to me.

LosDaddie

Banned
GAF, in general, prefers Sony systems. So, there's going to be meltdowns unless the reveal melts people's eyes and heralds in a new generation of Sony dominance. Most of GAF wants nothing less after having the PS3 come in last place.

I think the PS4 will cost $400-$450, come with a new PSMove, and have the FF7 remake at launch. I dunno. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony started charging for PSN, but gave 1yr free with each new console purchase. Or maybe allow "free" access to used games with a PSN sub.

Honestly? I don't think gaf is as liberal as people say. It's the same as any other forum, maybe even worse. But having an account here is a privilege and no one wants to lose it. The strict moderating is why you don't see all that ignorant shit from other forums. Just look at the San Andreas reveal thread. Everyone's biting their lip.

There's no doubt about it. The rules on GAF are part of the reason why there aren't many vocal conservatives here, as the "traditional values" bullshit doesn't fly here. Simply regurgitating those Fox News/AM radio "values' talking points has led to many conservatives getting banned because they are either unable or unwilling to articulate their opinions.

But GAF is fairly liberal overall, though. Part of it is because (IMO) gaming draws a more Left-leaning crowd, and another part of is that GAF is global community. Our Euro GAFers aren't scared by the reliabe Republican boogie men of universal healthcare and gun control.

Yeah, I don't either and I keep being reminded when I see the insanely ignorant comments in regards to marginalized people, especially blacks of course. And yes I wonder what it would be like if gaf wasn't so strictly moderated sometimes. Most people seem to put up a front in order to not get banned.

If you really want to know, then take a look at Gamespot's System Wars forum and 4chan. That would be GAF without the mod team here.

How many of you guys have guns?

I have a Glock .40. Wife hated it at first, and was really angry when I got it, but she's alright with it now. I take her to the gun range every month or so.

GAF, in general, prefers Sony systems. So, there's going to be meltdowns unless the reveal melts people's eyes and heralds in a new generation of Sony dominance. Most of GAF wants nothing less after having the PS3 come in last place.

It's gonna be stupid levels of hype or utter backlash.

Can't wait for either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom