• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What's as Manly as Lupin the III? The whole series is about hanging out with your boys, getting money and then letting your girl take all your money because she got dem tig ole bitties..... #artimitatinglife

Lupin is my boy, but:

This is Golgo 13's face

i0L9NTDWlFIQl.jpg

No matter whether he's killing someone, fighting, fucking, eating, whatever.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Lupin is my boy, but:

This is Golgo 13's face

No matter whether he's killing someone, fighting, fucking, eating, whatever.

Golgo aint about letting his girls double cross him, he''ll clap em with the silencer and go catch a flight

Golgo is a force of Nature I admit that but who really lives that life except for OJ Simpson and even he wasn't smart enough to do the "catch a flight" part.

In my mind Lupin is still that dude. Every Lupin adventure is basically "Fuck the Police" as well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It doesn't, but I thought this thread was specifically about black culture (african heritage etc), should have known it's just a black community thread.

Man, i feel interrogated.

Some people are shocked that I watch anything other than sports.

They question God when they find out that I watch anime or sci-fi anything.

Once my teacher found out that one of my favorite books was Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke, I'm pretty sure she considered suicide.

HomShaBom

Banned
Y'all ever get so ashy on the hands that you hit rock bottom and use carmex or whatever lip stuff you got between your knuckles?

Nakazato

can I get some Ronin Warriors nostalgia up in this thread?
When i 1st saw ronin warriors i was living in italy and was watching it in Italian. I have a soft spot for that show. Fucking anubis was a bad ass. I had on of the toy growing up and they were made out of metal and when thrown at you they hurt like a mofo

When i 1st saw ronin warriors i was living in italy and was watching it in Italian. I have a soft spot for that show. Fucking anubis was a bad ass. I had on of the toy growing up and they were made out of metal and when thrown at you they hurt like a mofo

I had a Cye toy when I was a kid; it had spring arms, for some reason, so it pulled double duty as an Inspector Gadget toy. I pulled on its arms so much that the springs eventually wore out. I think I still have it around here somewhere.

So, remember when “All My Babies’ Mamas” was canceled, and Atlanta breathed a collective sigh of relief? Well, it's not over yet:

During a recent radio appearance on Atlanta’s Hot 107.9, the rapper (born Carlos Walker) shared his thoughts on Oxygen pulling the plug and encouraging fans to sign an online petition in hopes of the show getting back on air.

"They making their assumptions off a 13-minute trailer and this like the biggest news around the world right now and it's unbelievable,” he added. “But I’m working hard for this show to air, because people do want to see it. My kids, they want to see it. They’re disappointed right now...My show is not about no negative; it's a positive. But if they wanna see the show, y’all sign a petition."

There's a video interview at the link.

I'm surprised that some comments at the page are justifying the show by basically saying, "well, if other celebrities can make money off of white trash bait, why can't he?" I mean, I'm not surprised that they're saying it, but I didn't expect them to be so blunt about it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yes, your show is the biggest news around the world right now.

I'd consider watching it if it keeps all the shawty lo juniors out of home school.

DY_nasty

I never want to see that Shawty Lo show and I don't understand the black people who do.

Slayven

They were banned from using the microwave for an unrelated incident (unsanctioned soap in the microwave experiment). They were the type that go to college for the 'social experience'.Ever since Django, cars are lame. We got rap horses now.
there is times sanctioned soap goes in the microwave.

I want to at least see the first episode. I give no fucks if it "sets us back". It would entertain me.

We need to get over that shit, work past everyone represents the black race

DY_nasty

I want to at least see the first episode. I give no fucks if it "sets us back". It would entertain me.
Naw man... that 'set us back' shit stacks up. I'm not trying to deal with ignorant co-workers coming up to me and asking "why?"

It must be because of rap. He is a rapper after all.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Naw man... that 'set us back' shit stacks up. I'm not trying to deal with ignorant co-workers coming up to me and asking "why?"

Seems like your coworkers and friends always look to you for answers. 'dy what does this mean'. Like when they were waiting for you to blow up during Django.

Can't there be a negotiation? Shawty Lo's show gets on the air if in exchange sitcoms that take place in new york show atleast 1 minority per episode.

I'm tired of melting pot metropolises looking like the aduience of the Country Music Awards.

harSon

Banned

Maury has already done more damage than Shawty Lo could ever dream of doing, and that shit's been going strong for damn near two decades.

Can't there be a negotiation? Shawty Lo's show gets on the air if in exchange sitcoms that take place in new york show atleast 1 minority per episode.

I'm tired of melting pot metropolises looking like the aduience of the Country Music Awards.

The worst offender of this that I've seen in recent memory is The Amazing Spider-Man. In a narrative taking place in New York, I think there was one non-white dude in the entire film, and he was a sleezy evil Indian dude (good actor though!). Shit's ridiculous in 2012.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Maury has already done more damage than Shawty Lo could ever dream of doing, and that shit's been going strong for damn near two decades.

It's not like we need more negative stereotypes perpetrated against us though.

I mean, he is taking care of his kids, but I can't back a show that shows he's proud of his (10? 11?) baby mama's.

Maybe I'm just getting old

DY_nasty

I mean, he is taking care of his kids, but I can't back a show that shows he's proud of his (10? 11?) baby mama's.

That's pretty much how I feel anyways. I'd rather see ANOTHER Tyler Perry sitcom before this shit.

Maury is a trashy show that hits everyone. Its also relatively small time. Its nothing that people who don't already watch it will talk about.

harSon

Banned

Naw, I definitely feel you on that.

And you know what show is fucking terrible in terms of Black representation? Hardcore Pawn. It's real bad in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom