• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't you ever forget Cosby can play hoops and look good doing it
tumblr_miondpuSUo1rwrlpao1_500.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Damn my cousin just lost her kids in a house fire, shit is surreal.
Sorry to hear that, G.Gamer. A famous restaurant down the street here exploded last week from a gas leak and it resulted in a huge blaze. Now we've got snow storms with tons of snow every other day. Shit's crazy lately.
I want to play so bad but I really don't have the time with my second half semester classes coming up I've not even been browsing GAF as much as I want :/

DominoKid

one of my friends got his second DUI. just turned 21, totaled his mom's car. i still dont understand how he didnt get fucked off the first DUI as bad my folks made it sound. stupid motherfucker.

edit: wishes to GG. Thats crazy.

uvz

Neo Member
reading forums have taught me that race relations (especially between black and white) are so different in america compared to the Uk.

DominoKid

reading forums have taught me that race relations (especially between black and white) are so different in america compared to the Uk.

that's how i feel when i watch soccer. i cant imagine monkey chants or throwing bananas at players in the states. i used to think that shit was urban legend until this story

uvz

Neo Member
that's how i feel when i watch soccer. i cant imagine monkey chants or throwing bananas at players in the states. i used to think that shit was urban legend until this story

As someone learning spanish and to perhaps live there one day I would say soccer hooligans are the worst side of Europe you could ever see, not restricted to race.

Damn

That's terrible man...

The fuck? Damn.

Wow, that's awful man.

Sorry to hear that, G.Gamer. A famous restaurant down the street here exploded last week from a gas leak and it resulted in a huge blaze. Now we've got snow storms with tons of snow every other day. Shit's crazy lately.I want to play so bad but I really don't have the time with my second half semester classes coming up I've not even been browsing GAF as much as I want :/

Oh man that's horrible man you have my condolences :(

Man, I am sorry to hear that.

one of my friends got his second DUI. just turned 21, totaled his mom's car. i still dont understand how he didnt get fucked off the first DUI as bad my folks made it sound. stupid motherfucker.

edit: wishes to GG. Thats crazy.

my condolences,thats terrible

Fuck...can't even imagine what she's going through.

Appreciate it blackgaf, it still aint really hit me yet but I know they gone. I just saw them a week ago, 7, 8 11, and 3 years old. The first three died from smoke inhalation so they didnt suffer when the fired hit them, but the 3 year old had to be rushed to the Augusta Burn Center and they just now got him stabalize. They said that the firemen on the scene had to have grief counsolers come up there the kids body were burned so bad. Damn man seeing my Aunt break down was just brutal

EDIT: It was my aunt's daughter kids by the way, my cousin is doing okay I guess people grieve in different ways

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Let me ask you guys something serious since Black History Month is about to end. I'm curious because I've never had the perspective even though I grew up black neighborhoods, I've only ever heard other comedians talk about him or my own family.

How important is Bill Cosby to Black History? I'm genuinely curious. I know really, really important, but I wonder if you put him up there with someone like Muhammad Ali or do you put him above it? He paved the way for so many careers. And I guess people have problems with some of his more recent comments, but it's like ... I see black history month stuff all over and there's always like pictures of Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and other black celebrities. But I just don't see Cosby up there that much. He usually gets acknowledged, but there's no like 'Here's the iconic Muhammad Ali' photo with Dr. Cosby. But you know, nowadays I hear more Martin references than Cosby.

Maybe I'm just looking at the wrong stuff, but I think he's very important. Not to rank efforts in something important like that since everyone's contribution matters, but I do feel like there's not enough stuff about him out there during February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom