• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
50-CENT-KISSES-ERIN-ANDREWS.gif

loooooooooooool.
Looks like she just dodged a career killer right there.

FreeMufasa

Appreciate it blackgaf, it still aint really hit me yet but I know they gone. I just saw them a week ago, 7, 8 11, and 3 years old. The first three died from smoke inhalation so they didnt suffer when the fired hit them, but the 3 year old had to be rushed to the Augusta Burn Center and they just now got him stabalize. They said that the firemen on the scene had to have grief counsolers come up there the kids body were burned so bad. Damn man seeing my Aunt break down was just brutal

EDIT: It was my aunt's daughter kids by the way, my cousin is doing okay I guess people grieve in different ways

Wow....I can't imagine what your family must be going through =(

Appreciate it blackgaf, it still aint really hit me yet but I know they gone. I just saw them a week ago, 7, 8 11, and 3 years old. The first three died from smoke inhalation so they didnt suffer when the fired hit them, but the 3 year old had to be rushed to the Augusta Burn Center and they just now got him stabalize. They said that the firemen on the scene had to have grief counsolers come up there the kids body were burned so bad. Damn man seeing my Aunt break down was just brutal

EDIT: It was my aunt's daughter kids by the way, my cousin is doing okay I guess people grieve in different ways
I think I read about this in the news. I'm really sorry, I can't even begin to process that kind of horror.

Gorillaz

The Onion messed with the wrong 9 year old actress.

Note: Do not call Quvenzhane Wallis the c-word in a tweet, then delete the tweet.
The onion is use to being edgy. The problem is they forgot that in a way children are "off limits" especially ones that arent even well known in hollywood.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
People on GAF have told me that it is extremely close to the real life events that inspired it.
So, that guy really got with an Italian version of Daniella Ruah? My man.

There's a display at my store that says celebrate Black History month and it has a pic of three movies on dvd.

Red Tails
Madea
and Alex Cross
I saw this shit on an international flight on Friday. It was truly incongruous. The poster for the movie that they showed had the white sidekick and there was no Tyler Perry in sight. The actual movie was almost all Tyler Perry and the white guy had hardly any play in the story except to say "wow Alex Cross, you're so goddamn smart I wish I could be like you". Tyler Perry's actual peformance wasn't really that bad. He put out what was given to him fairly well with some exceptions (the final scene was ludicrous). It wasn't as nuanced as Morgan Freeman's take on the character, but that was Morgan fucking Freeman. But, then Matthew Fox shows up and Jackfaces the scenery like he's Jim Carrey doing a Hannibal Lecter characature on In Living Color. It was truly bizzare. I had no idea what the fuck was going on. Understand that I'd just watched Tai Chi 0 not 15 minutes earlier, and Beijing Blues right after (great movie, btw), and Alex Cross was the thing that stuck with me as the "what in the fuck did I just watch?" of my two week adventure to the Far East. I'm still not sure what the whole point of the story was besides "don't taunt assassins because they're assassins".

I fucking hate the latter half of that game. Act 1 and 2 were some of the best game moments of this generation, and then the game turns to complete horse shit...

yea

There was a lot of potential after those first two scenarios in terms of fucking with both sides for your own ends and sneaking around in plain sight along with the flexibility of the weapon system.

Unfortunately the whole thing just tanks and we never really see any more of that shit ever again and the rest of the game basically becomes a way too long movie.

And
Raiden finding new and exciting ways to get fucked up was crazy.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
yea

There was a lot of potential after those first two scenarios in terms of fucking with both sides for your own ends and sneaking around in plain sight along with the flexibility of the weapon system.

Unfortunately the whole thing just tanks and we never really see any more of that shit ever again and the rest of the game basically becomes a way too long movie.

And
Raiden finding new and exciting ways to get fucked up was crazy.

Now play Rising and get all that out your system

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
"If you're mad about black annie, imagine how we feel when we see white jesus and cleopatra."

snaaaaaap
Yeah I laughed hard. Keep drinking that haterade. Cleopatra was obviously not white but I really want genetic historians and anthropologists to make some kind of statement that Jesus was almost certainly not white if he ever existed but I think they are afraid of the backlash. Conservatives were also pissed that Michelle Obama was at the Oscars, it was hilarious.

dan999

Banned
"If you're mad about black annie, imagine how we feel when we see white jesus and cleopatra."

snaaaaaap

Jesus and Cleopatra wasn't black. In fact Cleopatra was of greek descent and Jesus probably arab/jewish.

Yeah I laughed hard. Keep drinking that haterade. Cleopatra was obviously not white but I really want genetic historians and anthropologists to make some kind of statement that Jesus was almost certainly not white if he ever existed but I think they are afraid of the backlash. Conservatives were also pissed that Michelle Obama was at the Oscars, it was hilarious.

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tuts-dna-is-western-european/

King Tut was western european so why couldn't Cleopatra be white? We know for sure her family came from greece.

Also there's plenty of blonde and red haired mummies in Egypt.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Jesus and Cleopatra wasn't black. In fact Cleopatra was of greek descent and Jesus probably arab/jewish.

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/06/king-tuts-dna-is-western-european/

King Tut was western european so why couldn't Cleopatra be white? We know for sure her family came from greece.

Also there's plenty of blonde and red haired mummies in Egypt.
They likely weren't the kind of pale-skinned Caucasian as they are often portrayed, which is the point of the joke.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I am pretty sure by playing video I summoned a demon.
"That's f**king it....... 3 f**king nil?
You get to the last 16, but you can't f**king beat them f**king black & white Bastards, Juventus?!?
What did you do to me Celtic?
*whisper* What did you do that for?
"You bastards, you f**king bastards.
That's it...... That's it.
You did me proud, by making it to the last 16... But you could have pushed yourself harder to make it to the f**king semi final's or something.
Those bastards? You can beat Barcelona 2 f**king 1?... But you can't f**king beat Juventus?!?
Three f**king nil like? That's ridiculous! that's it.
We even bought on our wee f**king Tony Watt.
See that Referree? You f**king spanish bastard. Giving them everything you Spanish c*nt. You Dick, You Wanker, I'm callling you every f**king name under the Sun, but i couldn't give a f**k ... You Spanish. *sharp intake of breath*
SEE WHAT YOUR DOING TO ME? YOU SPANISH C*NT!"
I can't even lie, that potty mouth is amazing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Dudes ancient Egyptians were a mixture of African and Persian descent with the majority being African. As time went on Europeans and Persians invaded more and changed the demographic but yeah Africans built a great ancient civilization. It annoys me that people can't just admit that but whatever .... Just like the true descendants of the biblical Jews genetically are traceable to the modern day Ethiopians....

I know this bullshit is true cause I majored in this bullshit and had to research this bullshit. At the end of the day none of it matters outside of ascetic reasons. But logically it makes sense that ancient kingdoms consisted of Africans when you consider 1. People weren't as mobile and 2. Africa was the birthplace of humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom