• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
haha Slayven when did you get that tag?

Also, this is a public service announcement for Devo and Satch. The first part of Tropes vs. Women in Video Games comes out today, so get your flame shields up and be careful out there.

Don't wanna catch a ban dealing with the inevitable nonsense.

BHZ Mayor

Slayven

Also, this is a public service announcement for Devo and Satch. The first part of Tropes vs. Women in Video Games comes out today, so get your flame shields up and be careful out there.

Shit popped up the night before last. Shout out to Blackace and Soundscream for putting into words what I was going to say. But so much better, they are so articulate.

I might have to upgrade my traps. Fucker either left my apartment or he isn't interested in the bait.

You ain't using the good peanut butter

vMQX8J2.jpg

I told you that government PB won't cut it. Choosy mice choose Jif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
No PB at all, its the ready made shit that came in the package.

Also I only have Almond Butter in the house, you think that would be to hoity-toity for a mouse?

i just think its the nutty scent that attracts them. pistachio butter would do the trick too im sure, but at that point, you might as well make it a pet

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
this argument reminds me of how you don't have roaches in the suburbs, you have water bugs.

No, we have legit giant cockroaches in my 'burb. Big enough for kids to saddle them up and ride them around. In my old apartment, they were so bold that they came out in broad daylight and hit you with the newspaper.

Slayven

You ain't using the good peanut butter

I told you that government PB won't cut it. Choosy mice choose Jif
Government PB would have choked them to death.

No PB at all, its the ready made shit that came in the package.

Also I only have Almond Butter in the house, you think that would be to hoity-toity for a mouse?

We got a 1%er

No, we have legit giant cockroaches in my 'burb. Big enough for kids to saddle them up and ride them around. In my old apartment, they were so bold that they came out in broad daylight and hit you with the newspaper.
You know what is fucked up? Roaches so big you can hear them move without seeing them. I glad I moved and don't have them anymore.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
You know what is fucked up? Roaches so big you can hear them move without seeing them. I glad I moved and don't have them anymore.

I had to fight these bastards when I stayed in New Orleans for college. MF's would fly when they sense you approaching. Into your face.

Frankly, every bug down there is terrifying. New Orelans is like the Australia of the US

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm nearing the end of my time out here in Dallas (It's been great) and its really put a lot of stuff in perspective for me.

No way in hell am I staying at my base - even if I get rushed toward another promotion. Its just that fucked up. I've actually sigh looked at going back to college for completely non-military/police/contractor stuff too. Thought about going back into writing again of all things.

I did get my promotion to Corporal last week but the fucks I give...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm nearing the end of my time out here in Dallas (It's been great) and its really put a lot of stuff in perspective for me.

No way in hell am I staying at my base - even if I get rushed toward another promotion. Its just that fucked up. I've actually sigh looked at going back to college for completely non-military/police/contractor stuff too. Thought about going back into writing again of all things.

I did get my promotion to Corporal last week but the fucks I give...
Congrats on the promotion, though it doesn't sound like you care anymore. Do what you love man, you're the voice I equate most with the 'so well spoken' cast and your writing on the board is always intriguing. If you want to go back to college, do it. Hom and I did recently and while I can't speak for him I'm enjoying a lot more success now given my 'just get this shit down' attitude versus what it was like when I first enrolled four years ago (party, skip class, cram, party). If you want to write, write.

I'm sure the bct will be happy to read of your exploits either way. Maybe you and dy's son get a book deal.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Congrats on the promotion, though it doesn't sound like you care anymore. Do what you love man, you're the voice I equate most with the 'so well spoken' cast and your writing on the board is always intriguing. If you want to go back to college, do it. Hom and I did recently and while I can't speak for him I'm enjoying a lot more success now given my 'just get this shit down' attitude versus what it was like when I first enrolled four years ago (party, skip class, cram, party). If you want to write, write.

I'm sure the bct will be happy to read of your exploits either way. Maybe you and dy's son get a book deal.

lol thanks

Its just a really, really tough bullet for me to bite because unlike a lot of people, I gave up a lot to get into the military and even more to stay in (injuries, family strain, basically lost my girlfriend because of it, etc). The thing is that I've NEVER been so good at anything before. I'm damned good at what I do - so good that people send me places not to train but simply to outperform everyone else that shows up. And its all by coincidence. A lot of weird things blending together perfectly make me great at this.

I just that my career doesn't focus on that. I focus on that. My career right now is... "dumb shit" as bish would put it.

Its just thoughts right now, but I'll make up my mind by the end of October or so.

Slayven

I had to fight these bastards when I stayed in New Orleans for college. MF's would fly when they sense you approaching. Into your face.

Frankly, every bug down there is terrifying. New Orelans is like the Australia of the US
Yeah swamp areas with old ass woods will breed them suckers. You techincally under the ocean so you know there was some strong ass water bugs.

lol thanks

Its just a really, really tough bullet for me to bite because unlike a lot of people, I gave up a lot to get into the military and even more to stay in (injuries, family strain, basically lost my girlfriend because of it, etc). The thing is that I've NEVER been so good at anything before. I'm damned good at what I do - so good that people send me places not to train but simply to outperform everyone else that shows up. And its all by coincidence. A lot of weird things blending together perfectly make me great at this.

I just that my career doesn't focus on that. I focus on that. My career right now is... "dumb shit" as bish would put it.

Its just thoughts right now, but I'll make up my mind by the end of October or so.
Your post reminded me of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T575Pbo4eWM

Yeah swamp areas with old ass woods will breed them suckers. You techincally under the ocean so you know there was some strong ass water bugs.

Damn water bugs my grandmother has them things in SC. I swear some of them things just as old as me. The ones at my grandmother house so ratchet after 8pm they fell like the house if theirs, they just come out the woodwork like it's our turn to watch the big TV.

Slayven

Damn water bugs my grandmother has them things in SC. I swear some of them things just as old as me. The ones at my grandmother house so ratchet after 8pm they fell like the house if theirs, they just come out the woodwork like it's our turn to watch the big TV.

Shits so big they should be on the lease and have no fear. They be like "what the fuck you looking at".

Nakazato

Any black gaf in LA? Thinking about saving up and moving to better my career. Any cheap but good places to live thinking about NOHO

You have experience so you're already better off than most people who come out here. What kind of work do you do exactly, if you don't mind me asking.

Good luck.

Gender thread gaming side is worse than OT, I can only guess it's just chicken littles running around saying "male characters are bad too" "but these 3 characters I'll tell you about over and over are fine" and "we already know this why we gotta talk about it."

Nakazato

You have experience so you're already better off than most people who come out here. What kind of work do you do exactly, if you don't mind me asking.

Good luck.
Being in the tv industry im kinda worried due to loads of ppl trying to break through. But i have to at least try

ReiGun

I used to do this a lot.
My old man used to put butter in rice and it was amazing. Buttered rice with gravy and some liver...fucking delicious.

Gender thread gaming side is worse than OT, I can only guess it's just chicken littles running around saying "male characters are bad too" "but these 3 characters I'll tell you about over and over are fine" and "we already know this why we gotta talk about it."
It's amazing to watch, really. The video hasn't even dropped yet and folks are already discounting her arguments based on the series titles and the banner. It's a master class in strawman building.

It's amazing to watch, really. The video hasn't even dropped yet and folks are already discounting her arguments based on the series titles and the banner. It's a master class in strawman building.

Why actually discuss points when you can make shit up to feel better about how your hobby needs improvement in several aspects?

I thought the video was out already and that's where the discourse stemmed from. lulz.

Side-note: Mother fuck SNK bosses.

vECZ10E.gif

sup

Why actually discuss points when you can make shit up to feel better about how your hobby needs improvement in several aspects?

You can't really expect a lot of reasonable discourse on stuff like that when people take it personally. If that thread's anything like the threads on other forums that are discussing the video, then there's a bunch of people just waiting for the video to touch on something that's barely related to how they live their lives so that they can go h.a.m.

FyreWulff

I'd probably put more effort into posting that thread if I hadn't been up since 3pm yesterday programming

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck tiem2slep

You can't really expect a lot of reasonable discourse on stuff like that when people take it personally. If that thread's anything like the threads on other forums that are discussing the video, then there's a bunch of people just waiting for the video to touch on something that's barely related to how they live their lives so that they can go h.a.m.

I don't expect it which is why I'm not touching it. It'd be a huge exercise in futility and anyway the videos should be good for developers who actually give a shit about their product. Gamers are all over the place and quick to defend the very same shit they don't even like.

That thread is huge and they haven't even seen the video yet LOL

That woman better hope she does't so much as stumble on her words. "Pfft how can I take this stuttering inarticulate person seriously!?"

That thread is huge and they haven't even seen the video yet LOL

That woman better hope she does't so much as stumble on her words. "Pfft how can I take this stuttering inarticulate person seriously!?"

She could give a perfectly flawless talk complete with poignant examples and she'd still get torn to shreds based on the crowd.

Gorillaz

Yea that vid/thread will be interesting...wondering if she will bring up the Chloe and Elena from Uncharted for examples of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom