• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Now we acting too good to play Arcana Heart or deal with rats?

Y'all some uppity ass negros.

fighting_game_fans.jpg

I aint real enough to wife up an animu body pillow. Color me uppity.

BlazinAm

I didn't grow up in the struggle

reggie_not_my_problem.jpg

Our basement flooded when the pipe blew. I never liked anyone washing my clothes because socks would disappear. I didn't grow up in a struggle though, there were place right on Jamaica Ave so it was like 10 minutes of my time going and coming back.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Fuck Skullgirls and fuck Arcana. Can't get down with either of those games. Can't stand Skullgirls art style and Im not a pedo so I don't fuck with Arcana.

i wanna try them someday. both look like they are melty blood level, which isnt so bad.

RedSwirl

i wanna try them someday. both look like they are melty blood level, which isnt so bad.

Skullgirls is okay. I doubted the game too until I saw people playing it at Otakon. I'm still just amazed an American developer managed to put out a good fighting game
(that isn't Killer Instinct or MK)

Slayven

Man SVU does not give a fuck. Episode tonight was basically the 50 shades of grey writer getting raped twice.

Do the writers have psychologists on call?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I mean SVU's entire formula is "take something people know about and sprinkle some rape in there", so it was kind of inevitable.

RedSwirl

So is Young Justice like the last extension of the old DCAU? I stopped following DCAU sometime in the middle of Justice League.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Skullgirls is okay. I doubted the game too until I saw people playing it at Otakon. I'm still just amazed an American developer managed to put out a good fighting game
(that isn't Killer Instinct or MK)

KI is european though

So is Young Justice like the last extension of the old DCAU? I stopped following DCAU sometime in the middle of Justice League.

yj isnt connected to the dcau. its just a dc animated series.

Gorillaz

I always thought Young Justice was meant to be a spiritual successor to Teen Titans. Cartoon Network fucked up letting it go because it was around the time the show was hitting it's high note

Slayven

Kind of funny everyone let BM have a supervillain niggardly moment.

You know Luthor was later explaining to the Reach "how those people are".

I always thought Young Justice was meant to be a spiritual successor to Teen Titans. Cartoon Network fucked up letting it go because it was around the time the show was hitting it's high note

It's weird; Young Justice was more like the Teen Titans comics, and vice versa. The only strong similarities between the two shows is that they both had to juggle a lot of weird roster choices and that they both got the boot at the height of their popularity.

Young Justice gave us the Black-GAF Rises gif, and I will always be grateful for that.

Kind of funny everyone let BM have a supervillain niggardly moment.

You know Luthor was later explaining to the Reach "how those people are".

"We grant them membership into our organization - allow them to become one with The Light - and they clamber over us to push their own agenda, like crabs in a bucket. Do you see what I have to deal with, ambassador?"

I have that same thing going on in my socialogy class....its funny to me cause they want me to discuss cultural and race relations in class discussions but dont know how to go bout drawing me and a few other black students to speak on it lol

Shit I will say what is on my mind...

Until the big fat chicks looks at me and I know to peace out because I saw that gif of her catching the chair.

At the waffle house with a bowl of grits and some sugar packets in my hand, about to take that plunge.

Edit: not bad, it doesnt taste "wrong". Kinda remined me of putting sugar and butter on rice

Yeah, they just put it at the door and speed off.

Once, a UPS delivery driver dropped off a package at my door when I was in the front hallway, taking off my shoes. He rang the doorbell, I turned around in a split second, opened the door, and saw him zipping around the corner. He power walked away from my front door, like a lethargic basilisk or something.

I was kind of annoyed, but I can't really hate on him or any other delivery driver. They've got schedules to keep, packages to snatch deliver safely, etc. Overnight shipping's no joke.

Dabanton

Fuck man im usually sleeping now. Ignorance is bliss

:(

Knowing one of those motherfuckers is in the vicinity makes going to sleep impossible. I remember when one got into my girls mothers flat high on the forth floor. Woke at 3 in the morning and heard movement on the wooden floor. As my eyes got used to the dark I saw it trying to get out the bedroom door.

I didn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night as I remembered the tale a friend had told me of waking up and finding a mouse crawling in her hair..Anyway me and this mouse had beef for four weeks I tried the humane mouse traps and it was not falling it, tried ushering it out the front door by building a massive book maze. Didn't fall for that either.

I learned so much about these fuckers in that time like they can climb very,very well. Seeing it in the kitchen was the last straw, climbing up on the work surface where we prepare food. It was probably doing that for weeks. I went and brought two massive mouse traps put peanut butter and bread down. Same night as I was settling down to sleep I heard a low thud. In the morning me and my girl found it all stiff with it's back broken.

When we were getting the kitchen refitted two weeks later and they moved the sink area we found it's lair. It had shit and pissed all up under here.

It's no doubt pissing and shitting all over your bedroom.

Knowing one of those motherfuckers is in the vicinity makes going to sleep impossible. I remember when one got into my girls mothers flat high on the forth floor. Woke at 3 in the morning and heard movement on the wooden floor. As my eyes got used to the dark I saw it trying to get out the bedroom door.

I didn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night as I remembered the tale a friend had told me of waking up and finding a mouse crawling in her hair..Anyway me and this mouse had beef for four weeks I tried the humane mouse traps and it was not falling it, tried ushering it out the front door by building a massive book maze. Didn't fall for that either.

I learned so much about these fuckers in that time like they can climb very,very well. Seeing it in the kitchen was the last straw, climbing up on the work surface where we prepare food. It was probably doing that for weeks. I went and brought two massive mouse traps put peanut butter and bread down. Same night as I was settling down to sleep I heard a low thud. In the morning me and my girl found it all stiff with it's back broken.

When we were getting the kitchen refitted two weeks later and they moved the sink area we found it's lair. It had shit and pissed all up under here.

It's no doubt pissing and shitting all over your bedroom.

officespacemichaelface.gif

BlazinAm

I mean SVU's entire formula is "take something people know about and sprinkle some rape in there", so it was kind of inevitable.
Sounds about right.
I not shocked that it is the only Law and Order left.
At the waffle house with a bowl of grits and some sugar packets in my hand, about to take that plunge.

Edit: not bad, it doesnt taste "wrong". Kinda remined me of putting sugar and butter on rice

Oh Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom