• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i was looking through a pile of comics in my "storage" room and I started glancing through some old books i didnt realize i had. My god i hate extreme studios old 90's books. Like brigade and youngblood strikefile. That writing and those faces and constant grimacing and dumbass one liners. How was I a fan of any of this shit?

Slayven

So i was looking through a pile of comics in my "storage" room and I started glancing through some old books i didnt realize i had. My god i hate extreme studios old 90's books. Like brigade and youngblood strikefile. That writing and those faces and constant grimacing and dumbass one liners. How was I a fan of any of this shit?

Cause it was fucking X-Treme!!!!!
*breaks window* Now man up and gently stroke those chrominum covers, and don't forget the varients.

862178-adam_x_01.jpg

Matt Fraction would bring back Adam-X the XTREME

adamxtreme.jpg

XTREMEEEEEE

He's got waaaay more sharp objects than Wolverine, kids, that means he's cooler!

It was one of my favorite times. When villains were becoming heroes, and characters getting replaced for more hardcore versions.
These were the good guys.

F5698xO.jpg

Thor was prettier. When he was younger

Thor_Son_of_Asgard_TPB.jpg

I fancy myself as somewhat a comic enthusiast/fan and just some of the 90's stuff was just wow. I personally started hardcore collecting during Image's initial press run. Stuff like Spawn and Savage Dragon hell even Shadowhawk I was digging. But Liefeld I never liked any of his stuff. That maybe why I avoided it.

But the 90's were known for making heroes "hardcore". Thats when cartoons were the jam and I think majority of us grew up during that time period.

Slayven

I fancy myself as somewhat a comic historian and just some of the 90's stuff was just wow. I personally started hardcore collecting during Image's initial press run. Stuff like Spawn and Savage Dragon hell even Shadowhawk I was digging. But Liefeld I never liked any of his stuff. That maybe why I avoided it.

But the 90's were known for making heroes "hardcore". Thats when cartoons were the jam and I think majority of us grew up during that time period.

I miss characters actually having theme songs. The Wildcats' theme is still my jam

I miss characters actually having theme songs. The Wildcats' theme is still my jam

There Heroes not zeroes.....
their tough as nails when all else fails...

God that brought back memories of an age when the intro animation was a hundred times better then the actual show.

Ultraforce is a prime example. The Savage Dragon lol.

But my jam was that Skeleton Warriors and that Spiral Zone.

Don't know if many of you saw this outside the NBA thread, but there was a murder on the court:

ibfGACq50lur2k.gif

I just watched the video of that dunk. Its the reactions of everyone else that made me die laughing. Times like this I wish gifs had sound effects. I would put in old school MK sound effects.

DominoKid

shit like that is why i play matador defense.

seeing one of my best friends get posterized is one of the funniest things i've ever seen. i cycled out of the pick up games because i was gassed so i was chilling on the sidelines watching. my boy (6'9" btw) and some dude on the other team (bout 6'2" i'd say) were just jawing all game. it comes down to game point and the dude on the other team gets a steal.

it's just him against my boy on the break. dude on the other team had been trying to dunk all game so i knew he was gonna go for it. i'm thinking to myself "don't jump. don't jump. don't jump."

he did and got his shit pushed in. the whole gym was jumping.
my friend looks at me asking "did i get dunked on."
my reaction:
ibmZRrU6EVer6y.png

we never let him forget, not only that he got posterized, but that it happened on game point. that shit is still hilarious a year+ later.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Holy shit. Slapped his nuts on that dude's forehead. Real life teabag.
Yeah, this dunk is fucking impressive.
And it seems Brandon Knight's Wikipedia page has been modified and it declared him as dead for some hours. :lol :lol
lmao

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guys we need to stop, these gifs on the Internet are hurting Brandon Knight's feelings. This means the NBA is a joke.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Guys we need to stop, these gifs on the Internet are hurting Brandon Knight's feelings. This means the NBA is a joke.

That's GAF for you. Sympathy for a millionaire ball player getting dunked on by someone a few inches taller, but women and minorities need to get over that shit.

i'm not bitter

I am sort of sad that after 2 years of strength I have crumbled.

Cable is coming back into my home, I just couldn't live without HBO anymore.

So now I am paying $20 a month for Local TV and 14 channels of HBO. Better than the $120 I was paying before, but still Im surprised I lasted as long as I did.

Imm0rt4l

I am sort of sad that after 2 years of strength I have crumbled.

Cable is coming back into my home, I just couldn't live without HBO anymore.

So now I am paying $20 a month for Local TV and 14 channels of HBO. Better than the $120 I was paying before, but still Im surprised I lasted as long as I did.
Just in time for Game of Thrones

Onemic

What are its faults again? I know its loved on gaf, but outside of here it gets a pretty lukewarm reception.

I'm gonna wait for DD2 though.

Onemic

I fancy myself as somewhat a comic enthusiast/fan and just some of the 90's stuff was just wow. I personally started hardcore collecting during Image's initial press run. Stuff like Spawn and Savage Dragon hell even Shadowhawk I was digging. But Liefeld I never liked any of his stuff. That maybe why I avoided it.

I'm eventually planning on getting:

I'm a terrible person

What are its faults again? I know its loved on gaf, but outside of here it gets a pretty lukewarm reception.

I'm gonna wait for DD2 though.

Its slow at first, setting is kind of generic, story is lulz and the diffculty is a bit lopsided. It can be tough at first based on the choices you make but by the end you're a demigod.

Its performance is bad at times if you combine a big enemy with lots of effects going on. Great game overall. Combat is what sets it apart.

I did it GAF. I did it for you.

Here's my IGN review:

Shrimp - 6.5/10
It was alright. Not bad. Not the best fried shrimp I ever had.

Chicken - 9/10
The chicken was great. Delicious and tender. Not like that oily, rubbery tasteless shit served by the KFC outlets in Dubai. Can't say if its better than KFC before I try American KFC

Fries - 8/10
This would be 9/10 if some of the fries weren't hard and overcooked. The rest of them were S tier.

Biscuit - 8/10
The biscuit's a new thing for me. I've no ideal what the idea biscuit's supposed to be like. But this was crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Very good.

Value - 8.5/10
$5. Can't complain.

Re-eat-abiliy - 9/10
Would eat again. Though I'll most likely skip on the shrimp next time.

Verdict - 9/10
Popeye's is the reason I eat fried chicken. From the smile plastered on my face while opening the box to the disbelief that swept over me as the biscuit began to melt in my mouth to the middle of the night text message I shot a friend about the price, I couldn't stop loving this delicious and satisfying meal. From the moment the smell hits your senses to the moment you finish the last fry, Popeye's is a masterpiece.

Another L for Spin

DominoKid

The chavez thing?

the album

Only listened to the two singles. Mirrors is pretty shit, but the second half sorta saves it.

That album is so good. It's not better than Futuresex/Lovesounds, but it's up there.

everything he does on the album works. at least for me. him and timbo went in.
its a better complete work than fs/ls i think. there were 2 or 3 clunkers on fs/ls, the highs were higher though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom