• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

Didnt he just get married a few days back?

nah. just filed the papers. i think it's late April.

sn: watching Once Upon A Time. they have one of my OG white girl crushes on tonight, Rose McGowan. and her face looks like it's stuck from plastic surgery. :/

Black twitter loves Scandal, is it good?

Correction black female twitter loves Scandal. TV is all about a broad (my wife Kerry Washington) making moves on a man in a position of power (the president).

Basically it's a video tutorial on how to be a gold digger. Or as my boy says "This TV show is a shining example of how hard it is to date chicks nowadays, if you don't have that status you get no ass...tus."

DominoKid

Yeah I have to LOL at women that root for Olivia/President shipping. I don't think they realize just how silly they are to go for that.

Also she's just a terrible person in general who will go to great lengths to rationalize the fucked up shit she does as "good"

Yeah I have to LOL at women that root for Olivia/President shipping. I don't think they realize just how silly they are to go for that.

Also she's just a terrible person in general who will go to great lengths to rationalize the fucked up shit she does as "good"

For real, it's just smh.

trixx

Alright I don't know what to do, I might need you guys to chime in on this.

Basically to keep things simple my Mom got me a job at a retirement home I didn't really want the job but I can't turn down something my mom gave me. Friday was my first day(training) and everything went smooth most of the people there were very nice and welcoming, also it is very easy work pretty much receptionist/security.

Today was the follow-up I was still in training. Everything was going pretty good and then my trainer/supervisor told me that he had to leave early so I was left to close up. I was like alright lets do this. So there are about 3 or 4 elderly ladies sitting in the lobby chatting. Then one lady was pissed because the Trainer didn't introduce me to her, she kept getting loud and angry, referring to me as "that coloured boy" etc.. I haven't done shit, been nice the entire time. So one of the elderly ladies who I met before asked me to come out and meet her I greeted her and she was giving me a sour face, the same old lady said "you shouldn't be mad at him he hasn't done anything take your anger up with the supervisor training him". Lady went on and on saying this place is getting worse and worse etc and spoke more shit when I went away to close up.

At this point I don't know what to do, if I should stop working there and tell my mom or should just stay. I knew something like this would happen that's why I was a bit hesitant in taking the job however I would say that almost everyone else I met very nice to me. Apparently this lady is known as being pretty mean, but honestly I already have too much shit i'm dealing with now; University which i'm not doing too great, 3 annoying younger siblings etc and I don't want to deal with extra crap.

I've dealt with numerous racial shit before and each and every time I was tolerant/indifferent regardless, but at this point I'm tired of it.

Slayven

Basically to keep things simple my Mom got me a job at a retirement home I didn't really want the job but I can't turn down something my mom gave me. Friday was my first day(training) and everything went smooth most of the people there were very nice and welcoming, also it is very easy work pretty much receptionist/security.

Today was the follow-up I was still in training. Everything was going pretty good and then my trainer/supervisor told me that he had to leave early so I was left to close up. I was like alright lets do this. So there are about 3 or 4 elderly ladies sitting in the lobby chatting. Then one lady was pissed because the Trainer didn't introduce me to her, she kept getting loud and angry, referring to me as "that coloured boy" etc.. I haven't done shit, been nice the entire time. So one of the elderly ladies who I met before asked me to come out and meet her I greeted her and she was giving me a sour face, the same old lady said "you shouldn't be mad at him he hasn't done anything take your anger up with the supervisor training him". Lady went on and on saying this place is getting worse and worse etc and spoke more shit when I went away to close up.

At this point I don't know what to do, if I should stop working there and tell my mom or should just stay. I knew something like this would happen that's why I was a bit hesitant in taking the job however I would say that almost everyone else I met very nice to me. Apparently this lady is known as being pretty mean, but honestly I already have too much shit i'm dealing with now; University which i'm not doing too great, 3 annoying younger siblings etc and I don't want to deal with extra crap.

I've heard numerous racial shit before and each and every time I was tolerant/nice regardless but at this point I'm tired of it.
Honestly, I would not let it bother me. Old and sick people can be assholes, often more so than other people. But if it is stressing you out, tell your mom it is not for you. Being in care giving is stressful and sucky enough when you enjoy it, let a lone when you are hating it.

Basically decide what you want to do and talk to her before you do it.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't let one old bitch ruin a perfectly decent job. If most of the other ladies and (more importantly, your coworkers/mgmt) have been nice then I'd definitely stay and just steer clear of her.

I've dealt with numerous racial shit before and each and every time I was tolerant/indifferent regardless, but at this point I'm tired of it.

The old hag is simply remembering a better time in her life when our kind was outside and not breathing their God given house air and occupying the same space as them. She's alone, angry, and scared. Don't let 1 old ladies shenanigans upset you too much. I take it Mom wants you to get a job. Keep the job at least until you find something that's better suited for you.

Also didn't think I'd get into Scandal but the wife and daughter got me hooked on it. It's #3 on my must watch when aired shows behind:

Game of Thrones
Walking Dead

If she's the only one giving you shit so far, then you can just ignore her. Unless she has some pull in the place, all she can do is complain. And there will probably be a few others who pass by and say some racist or obnoxious shit, but that's part of any job dealing with the elderly. Dealing with old people can be taxing in other ways, though, and if you're already sick of taking racist bullshit, it'll only compound the stress. I think you should still keep the job; it's employment, and it might make your mother feel better. You should talk it over with her before you make a decision either way.

ReiGun

I've only seen season one, but I have to concur.
Once she had ol' boy torture somebody and covered up that crime scene, I was done with her. I can only imagine what she does in season 2.

I can't get into The Walking Dead. I'm trying to season through season 2, but I'm not feeling it.

John carter was a solid flick. Bioshocks combat wasn't very good, the narrative and atmosphere were on some other shit tho.
you probably got a better chance at her than we do. She's bad as fuck tho. Also death at a funerals continues Cyclops legacy of taking L's on screen.

tumblr_m7q8ul4DsV1rpwaqo.gif

DominoKid

I've only seen season one, but I have to concur.
Once she had ol' boy torture somebody and covered up that crime scene, I was done with her. I can only imagine what she does in season 2.

I can't get into The Walking Dead. I'm trying to season through season 2, but I'm not feeling it.

yo she goes ham in season 2.

Slayven

I watched John Carter and it two glaring problems. One it had too many climaxes, two the lead looked like he didn't really want to be there.

harSon

Banned
It was horribly cheeasy, the effects were ass in most places, Tim Riggins was miscast, the writing was ass, and the score was over the top in a few scenes.

The movie is based on serialized stories from a pulp magazine, of course it's cheesy, but it completely fits the universe they've built. It's very Flash Gordon-esque in its tone and narrative structure, and I was completely fine with that. Outside of Woola, I thought the effects within the film were fantastic. Whether they were worthy of the film's budget is debatable, but I'm hard pressed to come up with many recent films that outdo it in the effects department. The aliens in particular were excellent. The score in John Carter was great and is one of the few thing about the film that isn't polarizing, which isn't surprising considering Michael Giacchino is a fantastic composer.

I did have some issues with the film, mainly it's relatively lean length that I felt could have been expanded to flesh out some of the story tidbits and characters that weren't fleshed out enough. But it was nothing that completely hindered my ability to enjoy the film.

Yes, it was a mindless blockbuster, but that in itself doesn't make it terrible. I'd place it alongside Speed Racer as an enjoyable, yet flawed film, that was incredibly underrated and deserving of more.

The movie is based on serialized stories from a pulp magazine, of course it's cheesy, but it completely fits the universe they've built. It's very Flash Gordon-esque in its tone and narrative structure, and I was completely fine with that. Outside of Woola, I thought the effects within the film were fantastic. Whether they were worthy of the film's budget is debatable, but I'm hard pressed to come up with many recent films that outdo it in the effects department. The aliens in particular were excellent. The score in John Carter was great and is one of the few thing about the film that isn't polarizing, which isn't surprising considering Michael Giacchino is a fantastic composer.

I did have some issues with the film, mainly it's relatively lean length that I felt could have been expanded to flesh out some of the story tidbits and characters that weren't fleshed out enough. But it was nothing that completely hindered my ability to enjoy the film.

Yes, it was a mindless blockbuster, but that in itself doesn't make it terrible. I'd place it alongside Speed Racer as an enjoyable, yet flawed film, that was incredibly underrated and deserving of more.

With the budget that movie had that first scene on Mars had no business in the movie.

Being a mindless blockbuster doesn't excise all the faults in that movie, I had more enjoyment watching any of the transformer movies and those are bad movies.

just hold your head up, smile, be nice and know that type of person is decreasing in population.

Gorillaz

John Carter was the definition of a blockbuster bomba. Not even the Disney marketing machine could save it. Might check it out eventually.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

My main problem was that the lead actor was not great imo.

That and it's another White Guy Leads the Natives to Victory movie, but that might not have bothered me if not for Avatar.

I also didn't think the action scenes were all that great, considering it's an action movie.

I mean, it's not the worst movie I've ever seen, and I'll watch it if there's absolutely nothing on and I want to see some decent effects, but I'd put it below Prince of Persia on the quality scale.

Slayven

I just got the orange box again through that Xbox sale, I still have to finish episode 2. I'm at the part where you stop to get your car fixed in that shop, how much longer do you think I got till the end?

This will sound lame but I can't get past the car battle with the walkers.

Well we finished it. John Carter was an alright film. It wasnt great but it was watchable. My personal favorite scene was when he single handedly took on the green martians over the burial montage. It just worked IMO. My girl loved the dog creature.

Oh and trixx stick with it. The money is worth more than some old lady who isnt long for this world. I work in a similar field and you have to let that shit slide off. Be true to yourself and keep in mind you are not gonna let one bitch take your happiness. Good luck to you.

Well we finished it. John Carter was an alright film. It wasnt great but it was watchable. My personal favorite scene was when he single handedly took on the green martians over the burial montage. It just worked IMO. My girl loved the dog creature.

Oh and trixx stick with it. The money is worth more than some old lady who isnt long for this world. I work in a similar field and you have to let that shit slide off. Be true to yourself and keep in mind you are not gonna let one bitch take your happiness. Good luck to you.

I just liked John Carter because of the female lead

hnnnnnggg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom