• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
TPsVdL9.gif

HOW YOU DOORRING?

Also, damn looks like Slay done got gunned up and clapped quick ;__;

Gorillaz

wait what did king crab slay get banned for? Does this mean we can all finally escape the bucket?

naw but for real i cant do much on mobile gaf so i cant see alot.

moms side is methodist, dads side is anglican. me, in my teens i was like "yeah, this is all bullshit" and since then i only am inside a church for weddings and funerals.

RedSwirl

Church gossips and power plays are the worst.

The Salvation Army has a gossip problem real bad. And old women and men waving their power around.

My mom became the Kitchen Sergeant and the other women did lame power plays like forcing her to ask one of them for the keys to the kitchen every time she wanted to use it and constantly complaining that she didn't come to services on the buffet Sundays.

They didn't seem to quite understand that she needed the time during the entire service to make a fresh buffet for an entire congregation. Oh, and they bitched that she had her sons help her (her position was volunteer. The people constantly inserting themselves got paid by the SA for non-kitchen related positions)

We went to the first buffet service after she resigned because she was done with their shit. 30% of the food was burned, 30% of it was cold, and 30% of it was ordered from the pizza place and KFC.

edit: and this was THREE of the women that kept trying to say they could do it themselves that put it together.

Man you just reminded me of after-service chicken. Where does that fit in the chicken wars?

Yeah dude this was years ago. I can't remember the road, but when you hit Decker Blvd coming off Two Notch make the right at that first light on Decker. A long horns restaurant is on the left. I haven't been in that area since me and the old man were over there, like I said this was some years ago but I'd assume it's still there. There a few Gaffers from SC but I've never crossed any so close to home. I'll be going back home next month also to check on the family. First stop Zesto's. 2nd stop Rush's!!!!

Man I miss Zesto's some of the best chicken I have had. It's saying alot because I don't even normally eat fried chicken, but Zesto's man I use to order two of those baskets of chicken!

DominoKid

maybe because he called them stupid? idk. im not really sure whats actually banworthy on here. well aside from the banned memes. i just try not to be a dick overall.

maybe because he called them stupid? idk. im not really sure whats actually banworthy on here. well aside from the banned memes. i just try not to be a dick overall.

it IS stupid. maybe someone could interpret "only stupid people are BREEDERS" out of that, but clearly that wasn't the intent.

Liam%2520Neeson%2520Clash%2520of%2520the%2520Titans.jpg

"Release The SoWellSpoken!"

DY returns this week along with guests Slayven and Devolution. We discuss everything from Halle Berry's struggle wig, Terrence Howard, Self Magazine's quiestionaire and gun ownership
Run time: 89 minutes 17 seconds

The Cast:
Slayven - Devolution - onemic - MorisUkunRasik - Imm0rt4l - DY_nasty
Click To Stream. Right Click To Save
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gattsu25

Banned
my mom was raised catholic, my dad lutheran. Growing up I got all the bible's greatest hits; Noah's Ark, Exodus and stuff like that. In the 7th or 8th grade I finally took it upon myself to read The Bible.

20-30 pages in I was like....alright, I'm gonna have to fact check this.
My mom was raised Brethren complete with wonderful rules like "Women should never open their mouths during church, should wear hats because they are unworthy of showing the top of their head to the heavens, should wear dresses that extend down the the ankles, etc".

My dad was raised catholic and graduated to a end of days cult and then to Harold Camping's line of bullshit (the guy that said the world was going to end in September 1994, no May 2011, no October 2011). Harold Camping's line of bullshit also includes such hits like a tract called "Does God Love You?" where the inside of the tract literally says "No" because God hates all sinners. My mom and my siblings didn't buy into that line of thinking which made things in my family very interesting around September 1994.

My mom then graduated to a pentecostal southern baptist which basically means all of the baggage of political right wing fundamentalism with the added bonus of believing that everything is related to spiritual warfare, demonic possessions, personal prophecy, speaking in tongues, laying on hands for healing, etc. I've had pastors put oil drenched hands on my forehead while an assistant stand behind, put their foot against my achilles heel, and then pull me backward to make it look like I was "falling out with the spirit" on more than one occasion. After the first time I learned that it is better to just fall asleep on the ground until the service is over because if you try to fight then you become the center of attention and they spend a half hour trying to "cast out demons" from you. Let's forget for a minute that they must be shit preachers if half their congregation are in constant need of needing to have satan's little helpers removed from them. What a terrible time those years were :(

Me? I just read the bible and try to take Jesus' lessons (about compassion, empathy, and not being judgmental) to heart.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Got back from a screener for Olympus Has Fallen.

Why they gotta make Morgan Freeman's character a pussy, man? He has to make some hard decisions and pusses out. I was salty for a while after that.

Otherwise I liked it. It was violent. HELLA violent. Like, over a hundred people dying. Awesome.

EDIT: Holy crap, Gattsu. I can't imagine. And I was raised Islamic. :\

Nakazato

Did slay get perma'd

Slay i know ur reading this

Ill take care of devo for you while your locked up and kfc is better than popeyes.

Imm0rt4l

skin bleaching and single black women in one thread. I'm looking at all possibilities for how this thread continues/ends. None of them good. Bish knows his forum too well.

I swear if it wasn't for the mods, GAF would be like any other forum full of closet racist nutjobs. The illusion of GAF being the most "progressive" forum is only because of the mods.

I am reminded of this EVERY TIME there is a thread involving blacks. I could never be a teacher, I'm getting frustrated with the BS in that one thread despite my best to correct and educate. If that thread were a class and I was a teacher I would have smacked the shit outta some students with a ruler by now.

Devo keeping checks on her man's coming and goings

Soundscream, you must use this week to the fullest in Slay's absence. You must simp harder than you ever had. You may even have to go into a KFC this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom