• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Slay used his claws to cut the cell door

tumblr_mch5y2tV6B1r8r7k2o1_1280.jpg

zero_suit

From the eating out alone thread:

i hate going out to eat with other people because they fucking talk too much

put food in your mouth and shut the fuck up

the only two people i know that do not have this problem are my mother and my grandmother

HAHAHAHA

From the eating out alone thread:

HAHAHAHA

What I don't get is all the social anxiety of going to the movies alone.

You're in a dark room, with a bunch of strangers, staring at a screen for a couple hours. STFU and watch the movie. Put your damn phone away. Stop talking to your friend about "OMG what was that about!?", how about you watch the movie and find out, sister.

The one exception being Tyler Perry movies on opening night, because it's 99% black people, and we're all gonna be talking all the time.

FyreWulff

I doubt they want a young pope for a while. They want to keep the last John Paul over as long as they can, waiting for a new guy they really like to give them a push

You're in a dark room, with a bunch of strangers, staring at a screen for a couple hours. STFU and watch the movie. Put your damn phone away. Stop talking to your friend about "OMG what was that about!?", how about you watch the movie and find out, sister.

The one exception being Tyler Perry movies on opening night, because it's 99% black people, and we're all gonna be talking all the time.

The only time I felt nervous about going to a movie alone was when I went to go see Deathly Hallows 2. And that was only because there was this one creeper-looking dude hanging around asking the other people waiting around who their favorite character was. People were trying to be polite about it, but I just stayed near the concession stand until the doors opened.

Slayven

Saw Spiderman 2 by myself on a Sunday morning, felt good.

Me and mine had a "double feature" of FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer and 28 weeks later by ourselves in both theatres. There is nothing like it.

I never have thought about this, but I have never went to the movies alone. It's either with friends or family or not at all. Would I consider ever going alone? Yeah. But usually if I want to see a movie, I ask others if they would like to see it with me and if they aren't interested I magically lose interest altogether.

Me and mine had a "double feature" of FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer and 28 weeks later by ourselves in both theatres. There is nothing like it.

I saw Taladega Nights towards the end of its run and I was the only person in the theater. I go by myself all the time cause I always have a fucked up schedule but that was a weird experience.

I never have thought about this, but I have never went to the movies alone. It's either with friends or family or not at all. Would I consider ever going alone? Yeah. But usually if I want to see a movie, I ask others if they would like to see it with me and if they aren't interested I magically lose interest altogether.

Since I've been married. I love going to the movies alone. I prefer to go during the day too. It's like being in the movies with people who actually intend to watch the movie.

Side note: This is for the movies I like. Action flicks, etc,. The stuff the wife likes we'll be in the theater all booed up.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro

This right here. Also, people need to stop bringing their crying children into the theater when other folks are trying to enjoy the movie. That shit is the WORST!

Since I've been married. I love going to the movies alone. I prefer to go during the day too. It's like being in the movies with people who actually intend to watch the movie.
Haha, that makes sense.

Actually, I love going to the movies during the day, too.

This right here. Also, people need to stop bringing their crying children into the theater when other folks are trying to enjoy the movie. That shit is the WORST!
Nah, actually. I'm alright with crying kids. What I'm not okay with is people who have seen the movie before in the back talking to their friends going, "Yo, watch. X and Y is gonna happen right now. ...See?"

Gorillaz

Going to the movies during the day time depends on what movie it is imo. Some shit subconsciously? seems better to see at night.

I love walkin into a theatre early suns up and its nice then when i come out its pitch black and the lights from the theatre are illuminating the parking lot. Just good memories i guess. Hell the last movie i saw on the bigscreen was Avengers.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Speaking of movies, WHAT THE FUCK is going on in that Kick-Ass 2 thread, mang? I think the Selena Gomez/Victoria Justice battles are funny, but man this is some straight up creeper shit. I understand that 16 is legal in many places, but c'mon. THAT'S what turns you on? That girl doesn't even have curves, man. She's barely in her mid teens. Talking about smashing the hell out of that just sends shudders up the spine.

Maybe I'm just getting old. :\

Slayven

Speaking of movies, WHAT THE FUCK is going on in that Kick-Ass 2 thread, mang? I think the Selena Gomez/Victoria Justice battles are funny, but man this is some straight up creeper shit. I understand that 16 is legal in many places, but c'mon. THAT'S what turns you on? That girl doesn't even have curves, man. She's barely in her mid teens. Talking about smashing the hell out of that just sends shudders up the spine.

Haven't read the thread, but I been saying that for years about Emma Watson, she still not attractive. Legal or otherwise.

Why be slobbering over little girls, when you have a fine woman like Devo. A prime example of divine femininity. lord have mercy.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Haven't read the thread, but I been saying that for years about Emma Watson, she still not attractive. Legal or otherwise.

Why be slobbering over little girls, when you have a fine woman like Devo. A prime example of divine femininity. lord have mercy.

Her elbows are too sharp. ;)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Yo Slayven if I was to start hating on Devo right now, what would you do?

You have a daughter don't you?

DominoKid

How old is 15 really?

I'm not gonna lie that trailer had me looking at her in a different light. She's a cute girl. /creeplife
IRL hot 16 year olds just make me feel like a terrible person. One of the few difficulties of living at the beach. Everyone is rocking as few clothes as possible. Even the ones that you want to keep their clothes on.

unrelated: it is weird as FUCK to see a tv show where parents drop the divorce bomb on their kids. it felt like reliving it.

Satch

Banned
i doubt any of you gerls have a Rii U because it doesnt have Madden yet but if any of you do happen to have one you should add Satchy to your friends list so we can play monster hunter together

first i will become the HEAD NEGRESS of monster hunter, then i will become the HEAD NEGRESS of neogaf

i doubt any of you gerls have a Rii U because it doesnt have Madden yet but if any of you do happen to have one you should add Satchy to your friends list so we can play monster hunter together

first i will become the HEAD NEGRESS of monster hunter, then i will become the HEAD NEGRESS of neogaf

lol

Imm0rt4l

lol we got so well spoken allusions.

wiiu is destined to be a jump off system like it's predecessor

akira28

has this been threaded yet? http://www.thomhartmann.com/bigpicture/privatize-schools-teach-hippies-are-dirty-celebrate-kkk

Textbooks of some state-funded Christian schools praise the Ku Klux Klan.
The violent, racist organisation, which still exists in the US, advocates white supremacy, white nationalism and anti-immigration.
One excerpt from Bob Jones University Press American history textbook has been reported as saying: "the [Ku Klux] Klan in some areas of the country tried to be a means of reform, fighting the decline in morality and using the symbol of the cross ... In some communities it achieved a certain respectability as it worked with politicians."
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...e-using-nessie-to-disprove-evolution.17918511

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom