• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

we can't be friends anymore

-------------------------------------

Also, fuck Bishamon in Vampire Resurrection. Dude is way too overpowered

learning him right now. He's hard as fuck to get to even a novice level. You have to link all his shit and combos into his fireball attack are the hardest special cancels, in terms of the motion, I've ever had to learn. He's not overpowered though, he's only mid tier. You'll start complaining when you face scrubby talbains.

Maybe it's because I'm a military brat and didn't grow up on that stuff and my first experience was some almost burnt lookin shit. But i can't not mess with either, and oatmeal straight up looks like vomit. And the smell....naaaaaah

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
learning him right now. He's hard as fuck to get to even a novice level. You have to link all his shit and combos into his fireball attack are the hardest special cancels, in terms of the motion, I've ever had to learn. He's not overpowered though, he's only mid tier. You'll start complaining when you face scrubby talbains.

I think that's where the frustration comes from, I've fought players who've learned to link his high/low Iai Giri (and even ES versions). Always leaves me cut in two.

Also, played as Donovan tonight, he isn't as awesome as I remember him as a kid. Sad times.

I found my old guide I had as a kid so it'll help some:
y3Keqjo.jpg

All this hype, there better be some fucked up shit on this podcast. I want threads about the thread about the podcast to be created in response.

Imm0rt4l

I forgot to add you, haven't really gotten around to playing it much Gonna start tomorrow tho. Will be playing BB Hoodrat

Man grits with cheese and hot sauce is the shit. But when i wanna get my gourmet on i add a 3 cheese blend along with goat cheese and cilantro. Thats good damn eaing. Also both served with a side of swine.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
omfg

this podcast is great moris (30 minutes in @ "chris brown's pr people play wii u) lmao

DY_nasty

He did try. lawl

Onemic: "Yo we should edit this next part out"

Everyone else: "LOL DIDNT LISTEN"

Onemic: "Fine.... getting something off my chest"

Everyone else: "yo damn"

DY_nasty

its good

somehow my love confession to anti-monitor didn't make the last cut but i trust moris' judgement

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
What's BlackGaf's opinion on The Proud Family?

I always thought it was a mix between a black sitcom and a cartoon, maybe that's why I like it so much.

Thoughts?

ReiGun

It's like 40 minutes of realness, then we're talking about fighting games. lol

I always thought it was a mix between a black sitcom and a cartoon, maybe that's why I like it so much.

Thoughts?

Proud Family was cool. I had the biggest crush on Kyla Pratt.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Thoughts?

Penny had the worst damn friends ever.

Uncle bobby awesome though

whats the dumbest/simple shit your willing to fuck somebody up over

backstory: My ex roommate recently moved out, not a problem he moved while he was @ work took his shit and left, I get home later Im about to make a snack, open the drawer and BAM this fucker stole most of my cutlery took some of my glasses too. Man if and when I see this dude I'm fuckin him up on sight, who the hell steals spoons, forks and knives

DY_nasty

I can't disagree with some of what that thread is trying to say.

If you can't explain your argument better than "you don't understand because you're not a ____ or because you're obviously privileged", then you need to work on the layout of your own argument. It is lazy. If you know your shit, then it should never come to that.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
idk people have the tendency to spew diarrhea without looking at their own shit

on gaf anyway I have yet to see the term privilege used without being backed up by facts.

DominoKid

I agree.

More like YYH is pre-crazy Lupe.

And do you ever wonder why NC people don't like NC rappers?

no not really. most NC rappers either sound like shitty Atlanta rappers or shitty East Coast rappers. NC needs to come up w/ its own quirks like 90s Virginia Tidewater (Pharrell & Timbaland sounds)

Eidan

I can't disagree with some of what that thread is trying to say.

If you can't explain your argument better than "you don't understand because you're not a ____ or because you're obviously privileged", then you need to work on the layout of your own argument. It is lazy. If you know your shit, then it should never come to that.

That's true, but how often is it ever framed that way? Most of the time whenever the privilege of a poster is brought up, it's after an exhaustive discussion where it becomes clear that no amount of data or personal experience will change how they view a subject, so questioning how they came to that view becomes valid.

Maybe it's because I'm a military brat and didn't grow up on that stuff and my first experience was some almost burnt lookin shit. But i can't not mess with either, and oatmeal straight up looks like vomit. And the smell....naaaaaah

Grits are southern ambrosia. You owe it to yourself to give them another chance. Oatmeal on the other hand is garbage unless you eat the instant maple flavored kind, taste like liquid pancakes.

DY_nasty

That's true, but how often is it ever framed that way? Most of the time whenever the privilege of a poster is brought up, it's after an exhaustive discussion where it becomes clear that no amount of data or personal experience will change how they view a subject, so questioning how they came to that view becomes valid.
I hear that.

But unless you're the one to drop those facts, research, well worked argument yourself then you're not helping - you're just antagonizing the person you're arguing with and everyone else looking on will think less of your whole stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom