• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Folks it feels strange to be up this early at work on first shift. I swear its damn jarring. There is so much going on with everything and everyone and this is a sunday morning mind you. I pretty much been refreshing this thread and watching TheCringeChannel on YT and watching random music videos as well. I watched one vid that had me rolling basically there is a game show called The Moment of Truth.

Life Ruined
That's fucked up as hell but I wonder how much of it is staged. I hope it's all fake because otherwise that is awful.

harSon

Banned
I'm always reminded on St. Patrick's day that ethnically, you are what you look. People always seem borderline offended when I say I'm part Irish on St. Patrick's Day Lol. Hell, my grandfather is FROM Ireland.

I'm always reminded on St. Patrick's day that ethnically, you are what you look. People always seem borderline offended when I say I'm part Irish on St. Patrick's Day Lol. Hell, my grandfather is FROM Ireland.

Feh. There are white people with no Irish ancestry who party on St. Patrick's Day.

My husband has Irish ancestry (along with some other stuff). I bought some Irish Soda bread, and me and my son are eating it...while my husband is frying chicken. Celebrate diversity. :)

FyreWulff

Yeah the Irish got pretty busy. As far as I know:

mom grandma - 100% cherokee
mom grandpa - german or nordic of some variant (from pennsylvania)

dad grandma - irish
dad grandpa - irish

Funnily enough my mom is the only one of her siblings that didn't get black hair. My uncle looks full Native when he lets his hair grow out. A lot of my relatives look obviously Irish.

harSon

Banned
Feh. There are white people with no Irish ancestry who party on St. Patrick's Day.

My husband has Irish ancestry (along with some other stuff). I bought some Irish Soda bread, and me and my son are eating it...while my husband is frying chicken. Celebrate diversity. :)

That's what I always say haha

Edit: And all ya'll on the Hater Podcast who said nobody would go see The Call, it made $17 million opening weekend on a budget of $13 Million. I don't know how the hell it did (actually, they seemed to rework the trailer to make it seem more horror/thriller-esque) or why, but it did some how. Halle Berry's back bitches!

harSon

Banned
I'm pretty much made up of all the historically hated on ethnicities in the United States. Black, Irish, Sicilian and Japanese.

DominoKid

i always claim black irish whenever anybody wants to pull the "what are you" card. it's hilarious cause if they don't believe me i throw on the accent (im good at accents) and well most people are stupid enough to go for it.

idk what (if any) my actual non-black ancestry is though. never really crossed my mind either.

Slayven

That's what I always say haha

Edit: And all ya'll on the Hater Podcast who said nobody would go see The Call, it made $17 million opening weekend on a budget of $13 Million. I don't know how the hell it did (actually, they seemed to rework the trailer to make it seem more horror/thriller-esque) or why, but it did some how. Halle Berry's back bitches!
People went to see the struggle wig.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
i always claim black irish whenever anybody wants to pull the "what are you" card. it's hilarious cause if they don't believe me i throw on the accent (im good at accents) and well most people are stupid enough to go for it.

idk what (if any) my actual non-black ancestry is though. never really crossed my mind either.

I just wear a green "Ireland" shirt and it seems to do the trick.

DH4UtjK.jpg

Lol who is this?

Slayven

What gets me about folk's heritage, is everyone claims to be Native American in part. If they fucked that much how come I only see them in commercials?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
When I get to Dallas this evening I'm gonna take pics. I want to get my body fat below 10% again and get dat bowflex body back. I've spent most of last year just trying to get back on track since I got banged up.

I figure you guys wont let me hear the end of it if I slack off.

DY_nasty

That's not much of an accomplishment really. I've only seen a handful of episodes, myself.

Dark Tournament was one of the greatest, if not the greatest, shounen arc ever.

Also, YYH has arguably the best dub work ever.

DY_nasty

Better than Bebop?

Bebop isn't Shounen

Shounen is powering up, THISISNTEVENMYFINALFORM, straight up entertainment with great fights feels and one liners

Its like comparing The Avengers to Gladiator

DY_nasty

j cole is in no way, shape or form, better than drake at anything...well other than being a poor man's drake.
shit even then he still needed drake to come through and get him a hit.
I agree.

More like YYH is pre-crazy Lupe.

And do you ever wonder why NC people don't like NC rappers?

Imm0rt4l

Bebop isn't Shounen

Shounen is powering up, THISISNTEVENMYFINALFORM, straight up entertainment with great fights feels and one liners

Its like comparing The Avengers to Gladiator
Right. I think Topher was referring to Bebops dubs since its God tier anime dubbing and superior to its Japanese counterpart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom