• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the General Discussions: You guys ever thought about adding a news docket? And by news, I mean anything pulled from concurrent headlines you may find to be an interesting topic.

I think the podcast would benefit from hearing just voice their opinions about random topics. May add a bit of direction and structure, too.

Our prep for the last episode was a 10-15 min conversation prior to recording about what we should talk about lol (Wayne, Wii U sales, What DY had done since the last episode he was on), everything else sprung from that. We definitely could prepare a little more.

Slayven

Our prep for the last episode was a 10-15 min conversation prior to recording about what we should talk about lol (Wayne, Wii U sales, What DY had done since the last episode he was on), everything else sprung from that. We definitely could prepare a little more.

Instead we spent 3 hours cloning on a z level rapper's struggle sex.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Yeah. Maybe just have a shared google doc where everyone adds a topic to the docket/agenda. Then just go through the list during show. Idk, just an idea.

Yeah. Maybe just have a shared google doc where everyone adds a topic to the docket/agenda. Then just go through the list during show. Idk, just an idea.

Great idea. It's so simple that we really should have been doing that since we started.

I'll setup the doc when I get home.

The introduction of Chicken and biscuits in asian communities is starting to show positive results #0perationCaliphate

tumblr_ma3n7vOB9q1qadkowo1_500.jpg

Popgaf has created an atmosphere and 'language' that I can see might rub some the wrong way.

Like how BCT's struggle and omnidirectional hate could put people off

Like how NBAgaf's salt and bitterness could put people off

Damn angelus you been blackin out on popgaf #superb
What can I say, it's the holier than thou vibes they give off. The GIFs only excentuate it to me. Don't know who such and such artist is? Here comes a bunch of gifs they've used way too much to correct you. Don't like Y artist? Here comes tween lingo and acronyms that not even fucking tweens use anymore (pressed? Welcome to 2009). You're a bunch of mid aged women and men (mostly men) acting like 15 year old girls who just bought their first Nsync album. Like I'm just not down for the "You don't know your artists? you're not one of us boo boo" attitude the give off. It just rubs me the wrong way, and dear god when they thread invade it's like why? I don't even want to post in the thread no more.

I just can't. Classim on a forum is the most hilarious concept ever. Besides 2/3 of the artists they stan/stannette won't even be relevant in 3 years. Sad thing is there are alot of pop artists I'd lvoe to discuss but I don't even want to go in the thread. If I wanted to be humorously berated for not liking Christina Alguierra's hot asshole juice of an album Lotus, I'll post something negative on tumblr with hashtags #thisbitchblowsliterally.

So pressed.

Why you mad, boo?

YNMCD

Gorillaz

Popgaf has created an atmosphere and 'language' that I can see might rub some the wrong way.

Each community thread has it's own "vibe" Most of the time it's kind of them mocking the thing the thread is about like wrassle gaf saying they will quit watching WWE because of John Cena yet returns every monday night to see it

Or us and the whole "struggle" "crabs in the basket" jokes.

For the record Pop Gaf is kind of funny some times.....I also like to get on there case about there favorites....I know they are big fans of Katy Perry and believe she is a better artist then most of the other artist like Jessie Ware or something

royalan

What can I say, it's the holier than thou vibes they give off. The GIFs only excentuate it to me. Don't know who such and such artist is? Here comes a bunch of gifs they've used way too much to correct you. Don't like Y artist? Here comes tween lingo and acronyms that not even fucking tweens use anymore (pressed? Welcome to 2009).

I just can't. Classim on a forum is the most hilarious concept ever. Besides 2/3 of the artists they stan/stannette won't even be relevant in 3 years.

YNMCD

Well, if you knew our community as much as you seem to imply, you would know that our "stan language" isn't based on "tween" chatter. It's a pretty equal mixture of slang and mannerisms common in black club culture and the 90s gay scene.

The IRONY of you baring your ignorance of the origins of "stan speak" in the BLACK CULTURE THREAD.

Go watch "Paris Is Burning" and educate yourself before you further embarrass yourself.

#clapback #webadumad #popgafisbestgaf #HarpoHewDisWoman?

You aint never lied about NBAgaf, I been lurking the thread for two years and im scared to post in fear of being called an LL, lol.

Satch

Banned
PopGAF is great like old stuck up snobby rich NYC women during their midlife crisis are great.

They're not like that. You've created a perception of them to make yourself feel better about putting them down for absolutely no good reason.

I trust that when Royalan participates in the podcast that he will raise the subject and challenge the rest of you to think about your criticism regarding them and how you frame it; ie "god they're just like teen girls!!!" or "god theyre just like snobby rich women!!!" The words you chose speak volume about you - this is thinly veiled sexism, and how dare they demean themselves by behaving like girls when they're GROWN ASS MEN!!!!!!

The truth of it is that the stan culture itself is derived from the Ball, which is an arena that gay men, most of which are minorities (and I say this for you to come to terms with the fact that the lingo comes almost directly from ebonics, so congrats heterosexual masculine blacks, this is a part of you too!), dominate as a means of self expression and as an escape from oppressively applied patriarchal expectations and overtly masculine norms.

I have faith that Royalan will educate you on the matter in a way beyond my own knowledge because he's actually lived it, and he'll be able to correct any of the errors that I've made here.

Imm0rt4l

Guys don't you see, the man wants this kind of infighting. Quit the set trippin, pop gaf aren't our enemies.

bronies are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom