• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA culture.

I bet you made a similar video when that mouse was making you sit down when you pee.

QcPhtRO.jpeg
"Soundscream, I better not catch you standing up when you pee."

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
i gotta stop playing borderlands. ive been on this shit for hours. its a shame roland is silent outside shit talking, he could be an awesome character

I thought I'd see what all the hub-bub was about with this "The Bible" mini series. I see they're still insistant on making ol' JC look like a surfer from SoCal.

I thought this was the History Channel?

I thought it was just me.....What part of hair like lamb's wool don't they get? My man had a better perm than Devo with absolutely no split ends.

Slayven

When you heard the sirens were you practicing your "Sorry officer, I didn't see or hear a thing."?
I will snitch in a minute. Especially if it is me against them.

I've been awake too long.

Close your eyes, make a wish And blow out the candlelight For tonight is just your night We're gonna celebrate all through the night
Pour the wine, light the fire Girl, your wish is my command I submit to your demands I will do anything, girl, you need only ask

Borderlands 1 was some magical shit for me. I still need to finish 2

Fucck the timed missions in2

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can say that BL2 was a better game than BL1.

But I really liked BL1 more for some reason. I know I'm definitely in the minority for thinking that though.

I've been playing the shit out of Doom and TF2, but it's all just the appetisers for the (hopefully amazing) Bioshock Infinite, which is sounding more and more like the the successor to Half-Life 2 I always wanted.

ReiGun

I've been playing Mahvel 3 since my ps3 controller is broken, preventing me from playing Dragon's Dogma. Aside from that, picked persona 4 back up since I haven't finished it.

Gorillaz

Speaking of Borderlands 2, that was my game for the fall. It just clicked alot better for me then Borderlands 1. Havn't played all of the new DLC yet just the Captain Scarlett.

You're joking right?

Colored/Irish bathrooms:

jAEoX5aa1Eu8P.PNG

Whites-Only bathroom(not shown the gold columns and the silk curtains for the private stalls)

juqOUKWzSNsem.PNG

Praise be to John Wilkes Booth, who killed the great Satan Lincoln

jr5UltYDhk3fL.PNG

jP4qpdIIFpaow.PNG

The game takes place in 1912, in a floating utopia city where the Founding Fathers are worshiped like a religion. If you aint white, you don't believe in God, second-class citizen at best

original.jpg

Also, besides all the themes about religion, race, American exceptionalism, capitalism, etc...there's a really fun action game where you shoot giant George Washington robots in the face and fly around on Skyrails at roller coaster speeds, launching rockets at airships.

It's kinda the whole package

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Zimmerman brother racist on twitter? I'm shocked, just shocked.
would love to play bioshock infinite but after how much the first one scared me...never again
What scared you? It isn't so bad once you get some of the better plasmids. Plus the splicers are more of an initial scare, by the middle of the game you don't care as you're just killing them in droves. The scariest parts are probably the start of the game and the first boss. Admittedly I'll probably wait to get infinite once it goes on sale but that's just because I'm cheap about games these days. I miss out on all the initial buzz but I get it for a much better price. Fair trade IMO.

It's always funny to be reminded that people were racist against the Irish/German/Italian/Polish etc. cause white is white to most people today.

It's like when Mothra and Godzilla would put aside their differences to fight the greater threat to Japan...FM snatching up ALL the womenz.

It's always funny to be reminded that people were racist against the Irish/German/Italian/Polish etc. cause white is white to most people today.

It's like when Mothra and Godzilla would put aside their differences to fight the greater threat to Japan...FM snatching up ALL the womenz.

Fm cannot be beaten by the likes of godzilla

Damn, the world of Columbia in Bioshock Infinite is HELLA racist. Colored bathrooms, a John Wilkes Booth statue, lynch mobs...

Oh an apartheid simulator, this shit gonna go platinum here

Gorillaz

Damn, the world of Columbia in Bioshock Infinite is HELLA racist. Colored bathrooms, a John Wilkes Booth statue, lynch mobs...

You're joking right?

I'm gonna have to play it...for podcast reasons.

Hype levels rising

Bioshock Infinite will be one of those things that either has to work out perfectly or will look pretty awkward. These are issues most games stay away from cause they don't want to offend people and know they couldn't execute it right anyway. So well see if they can pull of the whole "Too American for it's own good" vibe I'm getting

Still getting that shit day 1 so well see Tuesday

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
this bioshock shit sounds dumb as hell.
How so? I think it sounds brilliant. I haven't really followed the game closely, so all this is new to me.

I'm glad a mainstream story deconstructs the revisionist myths behind so many revered American figures & ideals.

BTW, I'm definitely going to have to play this so we can have an in depth discussion on the podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom