• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? I think it sounds brilliant. I haven't really followed the game closely, so all this is new to me.

I'm glad a mainstream story deconstructs the revisionist myths behind so many revered American figures & ideals.

BTW, I'm definitely going to have to play this so we can have an in depth discussion on the podcast.

It might help pave the way for our dream Django Unchained game to be made down the line

A.E Suggs

I've been away for what seems like a month(But its been like 2 weeks I think) So what are we playing is on topic now?

Well I'd love to play a couple of games I bought recently but all I've really had time to play is tomb raider and of course i'm making time for MHU for my wiiU. Now no-one has no excuse not to use a mic now because its already on the wiiU gamepad.

I've been away for what seems like a month(But its been like 2 weeks I think) So what are we playing is on topic now?

Well I'd love to play a couple of games I bought recently but all I've really had time to play is tomb raider and of course i'm making time for MHU for my wiiU. Now no-one has no excuse not to use a mic now because its already on the wiiU gamepad.

do people even use the mic on the Wii U?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Contact Satch, she's been looking for a buddy to play monster hunter with.
wtf is this shit
ive done this too but I admit it was cus I got mad since I suck at playing, lol. Might reinstall if we get some community games going.

I stopped playing tf2 for the longest time, but I've been getting back into it. I can jump in one of my favorite severs for a hour nowadays and have fun...most of the time...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
In some kind of cruel irony, the only channels I could get in my hotel room today were FOX News and BET.

I'm sortakinda hyped for The Game now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Installing TF2 now. 2.5/12GB....wtf is this? motherfucking hats taking up my hard drive space

Came across an interesting quote today when looking for the source of this political cartoon.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but “racist” is the only word that makes white people as crazy as “nigger” makes Black people.

I was taken aback...because it's damn accurate as far as white people go. The author posted a guide: how not to go crazy when accused of being racist

Amp’s Guide to Not Being a Doofus When Accused of Racism.

1) Breathe. Stay calm. Stay civil. Don’t burn bridges. If someone has just said “I think that sounds a bit racist,” don’t mistake it for them saying “you’re Klu Klux Klan racist scum” (which is a mistake an amazing number of white people make). For the first ten or twenty seconds any response you make will probably come from your defensiveness, not from your brain, so probably you shouldn’t say whatever first comes to your mind.

2) Take the criticism seriously – do not dismiss it without thinking about it. Especially if the criticism comes from a person of color – people of color in our society tend by necessity to be more aware of racism than most Whites are, and pick up on things most Whites overlook. (On the other hand, don’t put the people of color in the room in the position of being your advocate or judge.)

3) Don’t make it about you. Usually the thing to do is apologize for what you said and move on. Especially if you’re in a meeting or something, resist your desire to turn the meeting into a seminar on How Against Racism You Are. The subject of the conversation is probably not “your many close Black friends, and your sincere longstanding and deep abhorrence of racism.”

Think of it as if someone points out that you need to wipe your nose because you’ve got a big glob of snot hanging out. The thing to do is say “oh, excuse me,” wipe your nose, and move on. Insisting that everyone pat you on the back and reassure you that they realize you don’t always have snot hanging from your nose, before the conversation can be allowed to move forward, is not productive.

4) Let Occasional Unfair Accusations Roll Off Your Back. Sometimes, even after you’ve given it serious thought, you’ll come to the conclusion that a criticism was unfair. Great! Now please let it go. Don’t insist that everyone agree with you. Don’t enlist the people of color in the room to certify you as Officially Non-Racist. Don’t bring it up again and again, weeks or months after everyone else has forgotten about the original discussion. In other words, see point #3.

Shorter Ampersand: Don’t make it a whacking huge deal if you say something racist, or something others perceive as racist. Apologize, move on, and consider the criticism seriously so that you can improve your thinking, if need be.

Installing TF2 now. 2.5/12GB....wtf is this? motherfucking hats taking up my hard drive space

Came across an interesting quote today when looking for the source of this political cartoon.

I was taken aback...because it's damn accurate as far as white people go.

Been saying that for years. White boy, cracker, honkey...nah those don't rile up white people. Some white folks are even trying to 'take it back' by wearing the label with pride.

Slayven

It's kind of funny how whenever will smith is brought up nearly the first thing out of folks mouth is " His kids are pretty shit amirite?".

Colored/Irish bathrooms:

http://i.minus.com/jAEoX5aa1Eu8P.PNG

Whites-Only bathroom(not shown the gold columns and the silk curtains for the private stalls)

http://i.minus.com/juqOUKWzSNsem.PNG

Praise be to John Wilkes Booth, who killed the great Satan Lincoln

http://i.minus.com/jr5UltYDhk3fL.PNG

http://i.minus.com/jP4qpdIIFpaow.PNG

The game takes place in 1912, in a floating utopia city where the Founding Fathers are worshiped like a religion. If you aint white, you don't believe in God, second-class citizen at best

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/186flk5uzb4m8jpg/original.jpg

Also, besides all the themes about religion, race, American exceptionalism, capitalism, etc...there's a really fun action game where you shoot giant George Washington robots in the face and fly around on Skyrails at roller coaster speeds, launching rockets at airships.

It's kinda the whole package

damn, i NEED to play this game!

Onemic

wow, haven't played TF2 in like a year and I go to update.....6.5gb worth of patches? gatdamn. Im downloading Bioshock Infinite at the same time so this might take a while.

DominoKid

I was taken aback...because it's damn accurate as far as white people go. The author posted a guide: how not to go crazy when accused of being racist

#1 on that list is hilarious because its so true. white people want so bad to be seen as not racist. i troll those people so hard.

How many people on ps3? I got a lot of multi games and no one playing. I mean some random shit like gatling gears, scott pilgrim, hard corps and as of tomorrow terreria, double dragon neon, dead nation and renegade ops. Any body down let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom